PDA

View Full Version : Is this site slow for anyone else?

IronFist
02-17-2002, 11:02 PM
I've got an Ethernet connection here at Uni and it takes like 5 minutes for a forum to load. I just posted in the WC forum and it timed out the first time I posted, I had to repost it.

From our computer labs I can't even load the site, it's too slow.

Anyone else? Maybe it's just that the "improvements" the IS people are working on here aren't completed yet, and so stuff is messed up in the meantime.

Iron

Mister Hansome
02-17-2002, 11:05 PM
The speed is the same for me. I have DSL or more precisely ADSL (but this is my home computer thought, my school has cable i think and it sometimes get really slow, maybe sharing or something makes the connection slower, at my school sometimes it's ok and other times it's so slow i just log off and leave). Go to bandwidthplace.com and check out your speed to see if that's the problem. Either then that i have no idea what's going on that's making your loading slow.

Good Luck.

red_fists
02-17-2002, 11:18 PM
No probs here.

T1 at the Office and HDSL (8MB) at home.
Soon Home will go to Optic Fibre (100MB).
Gotta love Japan.
Need to get new Cel-Phone with Video Conference function. hubba hubba

Could be that your UNI is restricting upload and download speeds.
To prevent Students from downloading Movies and MP3 Songs, not that you Guys ever would. ;)

Or maybe your servers are simply overloaded.

Cody
02-18-2002, 08:35 AM
Got some kind of DSL here. I find the site much slower. It gets fast-slow alternately too within one sitting. Sometimes I go to another site while I let a post load. Or, I give up and return later. Unpredictable. The whole Internet is unpredictable.

Cody

KC Elbows
02-18-2002, 12:52 PM
Nope, its just you. The moderators are messing around with you. Truth be told, Kung Lek has been stealing lone socks from your dryer for years, and, if my memory serves me correctly, Renegade Monk once put a thread up titled "Why its fun to drive slow while Ironfist is behind me in the passing lane."

To be honest, I don't think its just the moderators. Microsoft's been putting off the release of new versions of Windows until the moment they feel you've gotten too patient with the problems in the old versions.

Heck, it might be the government. Do you find yourself having to buy one cent stamps a lot? How do you think they know that you've got old postage?

If I were you, I'd turn off the computer and nail all your doors and windows shut. Its the only way you'll be safe. Might as well shut off your water, too, cause the public water system is just another way the man is keeping you down.