PDA

View Full Version : I'm BAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKK!!!

TheOnlyD
02-18-2002, 04:19 PM
You all may remember me as "Cap'n J" back in the day. If not, screw you. But I am back no these forums and jstu thought I'd notify you all!

I'm still in Capoeira (I joined just before I quit posting here) and am loving every minute of it.

I also had some quesitons:
Now don't laugh, but I am considering training independantly in a form of Kung Fu while I continue my Capoeira training. I know I won't eb able to get as good as I would in a school, but I want to know SOMETHING.

I am attempting to learn Drunken Kung Fu. Which form? I am not 100% sure, but I beleive Zuijiuquan. Can anyone recommend any QUALITY training videos or books on this form of drunken kung fu? I've already watched Drunkard Kung FU and it's Applications by Leung Ting Productions, and I jsut order the book Zuijiuquan by Cai Longyun and Shao Shankang.

THanks in advance for your help!

prana
02-18-2002, 04:49 PM
welcome back.

what is a "Capoeira" ?

Drunken Kungfu; Can you stand on your toe ?

I can't fight, I only talk too much.

Tinman
02-18-2002, 05:28 PM
Oh my god man.What, are you kidding me.

caporeira is even worse than kung fu.
(A bunch of spin kicks with no effect)
ok ,so instead of ballet your break dancin.

Drunken kung fu.
I thought everyone who took kung fu was drunk.

Ryu
02-18-2002, 06:59 PM
troll.

PHILBERT
02-18-2002, 07:07 PM
http://www.massassi.net/etc/kedri/dontfeed.jpg

Martial Joe
02-18-2002, 07:46 PM
I remember you...

Xebsball
02-19-2002, 05:19 AM
Dont listen to Tinman

I remember your previous name,
As far as training drunken kung fu i personally dont know any place where they teach it as a style.
Learning just the form and its aplications from video sure have its value but its best to find a instructur who can teach you a full system.

prana, capoeira is a brazilian/african martial art defeloped by african slaves in brazil.

KungFuGuy!
02-19-2002, 05:24 AM
Tinman, why are you here?

Kristoffer
02-19-2002, 08:10 AM
find a teacher first.. books are no good