PDA

View Full Version : Only a test.

C. Martin
02-18-2002, 10:51 PM
Just a test to see if my avatar works.

C. Martin
02-18-2002, 10:52 PM
Well the tiger looks ok, but wassup with the green background? Man, I've gotta fix that.

Chang Style Novice
02-19-2002, 07:02 AM
That looks more like a lump of chocolate chip cookie dough than a tiger to me. I wish these avatars could be bigger.

Sharky
02-19-2002, 07:10 AM
that avatar is f*cking terrible.

Chang Style Novice
02-19-2002, 07:37 AM
I'd try making the red and green parts of the background black. That might make the yellow parts of the tiger stand out more, and emphasize the shape more than the color.

The GREat Ro0ster
02-19-2002, 09:11 AM
hey sharky, your lucky your not in austin

Chang Style Novice
02-19-2002, 06:57 PM
Just curious, Rooster - why get mad at Sharky and not me? And as you know, I am in Austin.

halfling
02-19-2002, 07:44 PM
i dunno, im just guessing but... maybe he got mad at sharky because he cussed out c. martin's picture. and maybe he didn't get mad at you because you were very tasteful and helpful offering solutions to the problem.... and might i add a very real problem. mr martin.. you really need to fix that. its giving all us white tigers a bad name. i mean come on a neon green background... might as well airbrushall over the back of our uniform tops :) just kidding. hehe ok well, later.

red_fists
02-19-2002, 07:52 PM
I think the Green is supposed to be a "transparent" color.

This color is normallly the least represented color in an image.

You loose that attribute when you convert .gif to other formats.

But the Logo is a bit too small to make it out clearly as an Avatar.

Most prolly the original Image only showed the Logo and the rest was transparent.

Just my 2 Yen worth.

David Jamieson
02-19-2002, 09:55 PM
red fists, you have answered correctly but win nothing...alas.

the green is a chroma key colour that is applied for transperency reasons. But if you don't have a sufficient editor to work with the graphic, sometimes the chroma key is automatically applied and voila, you wind up with a lime green background or worse..fuscia.

If you have photoshop, open the file and export it as a gif but first, change the "mode" to "index colour" then select the green as your transparency colour before you save it.

If you have photoshop 6, you can just save it as an indexed colour gif at 50X50 dimension and tere you go.

If you do not have a graphics editor that can handle this type of thing, I'm sure someone you know has it.

peace

red_fists
02-19-2002, 09:58 PM
Hi.

GIF Construction Set

will do the trick, it is freeware.

I use it quiet a bit for Web-page graphic editing in conjunction with Irfanview.