PDA

View Full Version : Bakmei, SPM, Dragon - shaolin+wudang?

Falcor
01-18-2001, 01:14 AM
Hi all, I've heard that bakmei is a mixture of both Shaolin and wudang methods. Now I've also heard that SPM and Dragon are somewhat related to bakmei. So does that mean that SPM and Dragon are also derivatives of a mixture of shaolin and wudang? Any info would be appreciated.

...don't think you are, know you are...

MoQ
01-18-2001, 02:29 AM
Perhaps roots in Fukien Shil Lum, influences in O'Mei and Modong, maybe... The relationship could be called "Hakka" or even given a name, "Cheung Lai Chun"...

BIU JI
01-18-2001, 03:58 PM
Though it annoys some to hear this but Dragons origins came from the original Yau Kung Mun(that being three internal forms). YKM's higher external forms resemble more these forms than Pakmei as these are used for lower forms or foundation forms for these higher level.
Mo Q- have you seen or heard of these forms before , not many have. Only a few in Australia here know of these forms and alot in YKM may still not know of them at all.u

fiercest tiger
01-19-2001, 01:26 AM
obviously youve read the shaolin institute kung fu web site. the monks names and some history are very similar. we do have a lot of moves & names that resemble dragon, but the only place i have heard that dragon origin story is on that web site. they havent returned any emails i have sent them to back up that claim. who knows... could have some truth, could be bs.

lets not start a flame war huh? ;)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com