PDA

View Full Version : Matt Thorntons web site

KnightSabre
02-19-2002, 03:25 AM
Matt Thornton came to South Africa in November for a seminar and to watch some of our and his guys fight in one of our local NHB tournaments.

If you go into his site http://www.straightblastgym.com and go into new updates you can read about his visit to South Africa,it's about half way down.
Also if you look at some of the photo's you can see one with him grappling me,it has my name allthough spelled wrong as Wiukus(should be Wiekus).
I'm also in the one with the heading "Always time for Q&A" I'm the 2nd guy from the left facing Matt.

Those photos are from the gym in South Africa where I train.

For those who don't know Matt Thornton he's a Machado brown belt and he trains with guys like UFC champ Randy Coutere as well as Dan Henderson,Ricco Rodriguez the Machados and more.

Anywayz just thought I'd let my Kfu friends see where I train.

If you guys have pics of your schools or you training let us know

Ford Prefect
02-19-2002, 09:41 AM
I like Matt's stuff. Glad you had fun with him.

KnightSabre
02-19-2002, 11:17 PM
Ford Perfect,thanks

Matt is very good,you can't believe that someone who is 6'8 and over 220 can move as smoothley and as fluidly as he does.
He's attention to detail when teaching techniques is incredible.

I did a private with him and went over some of the things I was struggling with and after the private I had improved dramatically.

Ryu
02-19-2002, 11:56 PM
I try my best to train with Matt's principles of Aliveness.
Add resistence to all my partner drills, spar with contact in all ranges including punching and kneeing while grappling, etc.

You look pretty strong KnightSabre! Keep up the good work, man.

Ryu