PDA

View Full Version : heavenly kingdom of tai ping

RAIN
02-19-2002, 09:42 PM
extrajoseph

can explain me the meanning of the revolutionary saying :

" the heavenly kingdom of tai ping will keep the peace for 10 000 years "

i know was a code , but there is some special story of the saying ?

extrajoseph
02-19-2002, 11:53 PM
The saying you mentioned is not a secret code, it is just wishful thinking not unlike the more recent catch cry, "Long Live Chairman Mao!".

Fu-Pow
02-20-2002, 06:08 PM
Wasn't there a tai ping rebellion or something?

extrajoseph
02-20-2002, 07:07 PM
There was a Taiping Rebillion from 1851-1864, during that time the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom was proclaimed but has no ligitimate power and ultimately failed as a revolution. However, the revolution did gave the Qing Dynasty rulers a big fright and its legacy can still be felt in the current over reaction by the mainland Chinese to the Fa Lun Gong movement.

It is very scarry when the Taiping leaders can brain washed their followers to think that their Righteous Qigong can protect them from weapons and bullets of the Evil Force. To this day, we still have Shen Gong and Shen Da (Spiritual Kung Fu) and we can throw people yards away without touching them!

Many CLF followers were born rebels and they did participated in the Taiping rebellion, but I would like to think they were intelligent and not stupid rebels.

JAZA
02-20-2002, 08:33 PM
I remember I read a hihstory book of China, a book wrote by a northameican historician, with a very occidental view.
In the very little reference to the Tai ping, boxers, white lotus rebellion it mentioned that the rebels die with the bullets, because they think were invulnerable to with their "special magic"(as the book said it ), I think this the special qigong that Joseph mentioned.
About that I read in Cnn asia that the chinese PRC geverment say that the falun dafa creator said that he is a Taoist God reincarnated and thet he oinvolve the minds of his followers. Would be that bad?, That why traditional kung fu it's so regulated in mainland?

extrajoseph
02-20-2002, 09:31 PM
I was in the biggest bookshop in Beijing (Xinhua Shudian) during this Chinese New Year period and I could not find one book on Qigong! That is the effect of Fa Lun Gong for the moment. Right now Qigong is highly regulated in China, but it will blow over given time (like everything else in China).

Traditional Kung Fu is doing much better because the Chinese government wants to have Wushu included in the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008. The rules for competitions will change so the traditional Kung Fu practitioners can also participate at almost the same level as the Wushu players.

There are too many traditional practitioners outside of China for the government to ignore and they can not regulate what goes on outside of China. Wushu has to play ball with Kung Fu or Kuoshu if they want to be recognized worldwide. So don't give up your traditional kung fu forms for wushu routines just yet! Our days will come.

lungyuil
02-20-2002, 10:07 PM
Wasn't that theory and rebellion turned into the movie called "Legendary Weapons of Kung Fu", where Lai Kung disolved his division because he realised that their suposedly magic was crap and they weren't immune to guns.

Man. i love that movie, didn't realise that it was based on reality. Sheesh, how silly can you be to believe that you can become invincible to guns.

Good kung fu though, real hung ga!:D

Fu-Pow
02-24-2002, 12:42 PM
Sheesh, how silly can you be to believe that you can become invincible to guns.

Just read the article by Richard Mooney in the latest issue of Kung Fu/QiGong and that will answer your question.

premier
02-24-2002, 03:35 PM
Wasn't Once Upon a Time In China 2 about this?