PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Hit or Kick

Sensei Kunz
02-20-2002, 04:13 AM
Everyone in the arts has a talent for their favorite hit or kick. I would like to know, what is your favorite hit or kick to gain distance (closing the gap) and scoring 95% of the time .

My favorite is the back fist from the lead hand, It is closer to my opponent and can be used as a direct simple attack or as a feint with distructive power. Once I have tagged my opponent, he does not wish to be struck again. This gives me the advantage in surprise, power, speed with every hit. At this time, it is easier to use my back fist as a feint and score with another attack.

http://www.selfdefenseforyou.com
Check out the forum and membership on Jeet Kune Do.

S.Teebas
02-21-2002, 08:31 AM
I think having a faviurite attack can be bad. I think it is better to just respond to the situation with what is needed.

Sensei Kunz
02-21-2002, 08:57 AM
Agreed! however, we all have a talent in one hit or another that is absolutely devastating upon impact.

Ish
02-21-2002, 09:19 AM
mines just a nice streight punch

shaolinboxer
02-21-2002, 10:07 AM
lead hook punch (either side...i'm a switch striker)

it enters the opponents blind spot. if you can keep from telegraphing, it's very useful.

Stacey
02-26-2002, 10:20 PM
I'm a lead hooker myself. Lead hooks get em often. People train for rev hooks, not lead ones.

Sensei Kunz
02-26-2002, 10:48 PM
Your right about the lead hook. Try a feint with lead jab or a feint with rear cross then use the lead hook. It works almost every time!