PDA

View Full Version : a man called hero?

doug maverick
02-20-2002, 12:11 PM
anybody know if there was a sequel to this flick and if so whats the name of it.thanks

Crimson Phoenix
02-22-2002, 03:41 AM
No, no sequel...as a matter of fact, lots of people think A Man Called Hero is the sequel to Stormriders even though it's not...the actual sequel to Stormriders is being shot, with a much more comfortable budget (yummie hehehheeh).
First, when I watched AMCH, I didn't like it much, it seemed too slow...but the second time I really enjoyed it, because I watched it like some kind of romance/adventure movie instead of a gong fu or wu xia pian...some scenes are very nice (the sword fight under the rain, the training sequence under the snow).
What did you think about it??

dezhen2001
02-23-2002, 07:45 AM
AMCH is pretty cool :)
Stormriders also...can't wait for the sequel then

I agree with Crimson Phoenix - you need to watch those kinda 'fantasy' martial arts movies with a different attitude than you wouls say a Jackie Chan movie. With them it seems that the story is more important than the action :eek:

I've not long started to watch Ekin Cheng movies. They're pretty cool! I just wish i could listen to more Cantonese - my friends have so many good VCD's with no subs on them!

--- Yuen Biao and Kenneth Lo were also pretty good in AMCH - i didn't expect them to be in there! (the same with an older James Tien in Stormriders. He's filled out but his face looks the same).

david

doug maverick
02-23-2002, 09:10 AM
i like the flick cause it was one of my favorite comics blood sword and blood sword dynasty,i liked the fighting seen on the statue of liberty but the part that ****ed me of was they made sanglo so corny when in fact he's stronger then hero (in the when the comic started anyway) but in the movie they him almost gay holding the other guys hand and allowing himself to be fed by him. but all and all great flick my favorite character was ghost server(shadow in the movie)

Stacey
03-02-2002, 11:31 AM
jademan 4 eva. Do they still exist? I can only find em in chinese.