PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu in Lethbridge?

Shooter
02-20-2002, 03:45 PM
One of my training partners is looking for a Kung Fu (preferably Tai Chi) school in Lethbridge, Alberta. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stranger
02-20-2002, 04:04 PM
You are about 1.5 hours from Calgary. Dennis Rovere apparently has a group of practitioners studying under him in that area. If that opportunity can come through, it would be well worth the drive IMO. He does teach Tai Chi (among other things). Check out www.rovere.com

Shooter
02-20-2002, 04:20 PM
Stranger, thanks for info. That might be a bit out of the way though. Much appreciated all the same. :cool:

Stranger
02-20-2002, 04:42 PM
I don't know what the CMA scene in SW Alberta is like, but I think you probably won't find many legit CMA options in such a remote area. Looking for legit Tai Chi will only be harder. If you are willing to settle for "New Age Tai Chi", your number of options might increase. Dennis Rovere is totally legit and highly respected by many seasoned martial artists on his board, and some seriously respected Chinese sifus. If you have a vehicle, at least make the trip once (if he is even taking students- I don't know). I think if you check him out, investigate your area's options, and do a little research you'll find his school to not be "out of the way".
I readily admit once again that I don't know the CMA scene in SW Alberta, but if it is anything like remote areas around here I wouldn't likely expect to be overwhelmed with options.

Shooter
02-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Stranger, thanks again. I've heard good things about Dennis from a number of people.

My training partner's circumstance won't allow him to travel out of the immediate area though, and he isn't going to be there that long. Just wants to check out some schools when he can. I'll pass your suggestion on to him. :cool: