PDA

View Full Version : MA and Celibacy(M/F??).

red_fists
02-20-2002, 04:47 PM
Hi All.

With the recent spade of "Celibacy" Threads, it got me thinking.

Everything so far has been about male practicioners of the Art.Is there also a female version of same said exercises??

And if so how would the benefits differ if at all??

So far it seems to be fairly one-sided, simply wondering if there is a reason for it.

Maybe some of you got answers.

Nexus
02-20-2002, 04:55 PM
Females build up jing from the orgasm if I remember correctly. I haven't studied female sexual practices, i'll see if I can find more information on that one though.

- Nexus

Daniel Madar
02-20-2002, 05:12 PM
What I've heard:

Women lose qi during their period.

Women and men develop jing during orgasm. Men who control their orgasms can draw power from women, just as women who do not can draw power from men.

Women and men do have different effects, and even though my teacher is a woman, I refer to her ex-husband in regards to this. She does have women in class do some things differently than the men.

prana
02-20-2002, 06:48 PM
I remember Stacey bringing this up in one of his questions.

The female stops menstruating is an external sign.

GreyMystik
02-21-2002, 10:27 AM
Mantak Chia has a book dealing with cultivating female sexual energy and this topic

fa_jing
02-21-2002, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I have that book, but I couldn't make too much sense out of it, I guess cause I'm not a woman myself and don't understand the feelings he describes. I do remember that one of the goals was to decrease menstrual flow and thus energy loss.

-FJ

Water Dragon
02-21-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by prana

The female stops menstruating is an external sign.

Sign of Menopause?

Repulsive Monkey
02-21-2002, 02:31 PM
Chinese Medicine dictates that Men lose Jing through non-Semen retention during sex. Women do not have this problem. The main way in which women can lose Jing is either through being born with Jing Deficiency or the other way is through multiple child-births. This is the conventional wisdom in Chinese Medicine and the Internal/Alchemical arts. The number of child births means that the female imparts constitutional health or Jing with each child she gives birth to, and therefore the more children, or more specifically the narrower the gap between the children being born, the greater the losss of Jing.
When it comes to mentruation, females usually become Blood deficient, and thus also suffer Qi deficiency indirectly depending on the nature of their cycles. If a female happens to have a cycle which loses her a lot of blood then natuarlly she will experience a greater depletion of Qi too. For women with weak Qi or blood deficiences, the time of their period can result in Blood and Qi deficient symtpoms to a greater dergree like, easily startled, absent mindedness, insomnia, cold limbs, dry skin, emotional fluctuations, dizziness, pale skin etc.
Chinese Medicine has an amazing insight into Gyneacology which always seemed to be a little over looked and ignored by the West.