PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Attack

wufupaul
02-22-2002, 12:57 PM
http://peacefultomorrows.org/

So what do you all think? They lost family members and loved ones in the attack, yet they don't want violent reactions or war caused by what happened on 9/11 to take place.

ewallace
02-22-2002, 01:02 PM
I don't think radicals will ever be open to a hug your western neighbor idea. It's either their way or death. For them I prefer that later.

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-22-2002, 01:09 PM
"if a man smite you on one cheek, smash him on the other."

- anton lavey

might not be an exact quote, but close enough.

rogue
02-22-2002, 01:17 PM
It's a good attitude to have as long as you have SAS, SBS, Green Hats, Marines and SEALS putting holes in the bad guys heads,

Ford Prefect
02-22-2002, 01:21 PM
I'd love it if our world allowed us to do that and if violence didn't solve anything, but it does. These people want the US destroyed, so inaction on our part is just leaving the door even more wide open than it was pre-9/11.

Ryu
02-22-2002, 04:14 PM
as a person heavily influenced by Buddhist thought and practice, I very much disgust at war. I try to find ways of solving things without violence, but I agree with Ford here. Violence sometimes is necessary to protect or stop violence from happening to you. Like I've always said before....you need the right mindfulness. The right motivation. Don't enjoy "revenge", don't celebrate killing or going to war. However that doesn't mean don't defend yourself. Fight, and fight well. Win at all costs. But when you do...do not scream in victory or give high fives for killing off the enemy. One should think "This has truly been disgusting...and I wish it never to happen again."
With that mindset, I think even violence can sometimes become a noble thing...

Ryu

wu_de36
02-22-2002, 05:30 PM
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
- George Orwell.

tengu
02-22-2002, 08:31 PM
Sure, go after the terrorists. But the civilian death toll in Afghanistan already exceeds the casualties of 11/9. Not to mention the fact that you guys sponsored the fanatics for years. Please stop being so high and mighty about it all; itīs like you were the only nation in the world thatīs suffered from a cruel and cowardly attack.

Sharky
02-22-2002, 08:49 PM
"But the civilian death toll in Afghanistan already exceeds the casualties of 11/9"

Really?

rogue
02-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Most of the Afghans were killed by Pakistani, Arabs and other Afghans.

jaz1069
02-22-2002, 09:48 PM
What was it I read on a bumber sticker once?

No one wants a Marine in the neighborhood until the enemy is at the gate.

I have to give it to the peace-niks though, they just don't seem to understand that if it wern't for this countries willingness to engage in the violence and war that they claim to despise, they and the press would not have the freedom to protest a f-ing thing! Enough to drive you crazy.

John

Sharky
02-22-2002, 10:23 PM
How rogue? Please explaain mate.

Sam Wiley
02-22-2002, 10:47 PM
"...hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, smash him down; smite him hip and thigh for self-preservation is the highest law.
He who turns the 'other cheek' is a cowardly dog -a Christian dog.
Give him blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom: with compound interest liberally added thereunto. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, aye four-fold, a hundred-fold. Make yourself a Terror to your adversary and when he goeth his way, he will possess much additional wisdom to ruminate over..."

-Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right.

An excellent passage, GDA!

Ryu
02-22-2002, 11:12 PM
Not this again... :rolleyes:

:D

Ryu

rogue
02-23-2002, 12:28 PM
Sharkey, I'll leave that for you to research.;)

David Jamieson
02-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Trust levay to misinterpret the christian quotes. hahahaha.

The idea of turning the other cheek in terms of christianity has nothing to do with passivity or submissiveness. It is actually a reiteration of a Roman ideal.

"Turn the other cheek" means show defiance, show your enemy that his strike is nothing to you and that you defy the action taken against you.

Man, if it wasn't for the christians, ol anton levay would just be a flake in the wind. puff...gone. hahahaha.

Now , Mr Crowley... he's different and has much more useful tidbits to perus in his writings regarding "naturalism".

Violence is a dirty business. Be like minded when faced with it. Supplication is not the answer. Paying ransom is exactly an invitation to more terror. Superficially it makes no sense, but it does allow for a link into the organizations that would take hostages. With each payment, the money can be tracked and the head of the snake and it's body can be wholly crushed. Patience is key in cleaning the whole house of undesirable things.

peace

chen zhen
02-23-2002, 12:59 PM
Sharkey, I read in the newspaper recently that the death toll of civilian Afghans since the war started in october is about 3600 or so. The 9/11 attack death toll is about 2700. go figure.

wu_de36
02-23-2002, 01:17 PM
Yeah, and I remember that "baby milk factory" we destroyed in Iraq too.

If it comes from the press, it must be true. Especially European presses.

How many retractions came after the "inhumane conditions at Guantanamo" story was released?