PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hiding KFO

fa_jing
02-22-2002, 03:11 PM
So, what strategies to you use to get away with hanging out on KFO at work?

ewallace
02-22-2002, 03:19 PM
I am using Windows XP, so I have a few different windows opened up (like the ones I should be working with) and a couple of browser windows. Enough so that XP groups the windows and does not show the window title below the menubar. I just alt-tab back to what I am supposed to be doing. I don't think anyone would really care since I am a month ahead of my tasks, but I don't want to take the chance.

fa_jing
02-22-2002, 03:30 PM
One thing I do sometimes is unmark the "show pictures" box. At least that advertisement that rolls across the top doesn't display, and the text isn't as attention-grabbing. A lot of people read the internet and stuff here because our workload has been a little light lately. Some people read the internet even if they have a lot of work, like my boss for one. But participating in a discussion forum is sort of an extra degree of shamelessness to me. Playing video games would be the ultimate in shamelessness. :)

-FJ

ewallace
02-22-2002, 03:33 PM
Yes but still much more respectable than a chatroom.

JWTAYLOR
02-22-2002, 04:08 PM
I am the boss.

Yeah baby.

JWT

yenhoi
02-22-2002, 04:25 PM
I keep multiple windows open and multiple browsers and I hide KFO. Sometimes I get rid of the taskbar even. I used to view KFO through an IFRAME on my own website but that got to be too much work. I do all the web stuff here anyways, so Im sure no one would even notice, but still this is a forum =D

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-22-2002, 04:35 PM
i just make sure to get all my sh1t done as soon as i walk in the door. after that im free to do whatever i want as long as im not ignoring the phones.

fa_jing
03-13-2002, 12:53 PM
TTT - why not?

Water Dragon
03-13-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by JWTAYLOR
I am the boss.

Yeah baby.

JWT

What do you do? Need an analyst? I could shoot you a resume.

ewallace
03-13-2002, 01:07 PM
Water, you still thinking about moving down this way?

JWTAYLOR
03-13-2002, 01:24 PM
WD, I'm always looking for good people. What is your specific area of expertise?

JWT

Water Dragon
03-13-2002, 01:31 PM
Broad Market Financial analysis. i.e. Wanna know where you should have your money, why it should be there and when to move it where? I can tell you.

I also have signifigant experience in cost/benefit analysis, municipal bond rating analysis, and a basic grasp of GAAP.

Finance Major/Econ and Spanish double minor from Indiana University. 3 1/2 years employment with one of the country's top 10 mutual fund companies.

txwingchun
03-13-2002, 02:24 PM
I didn' pick since mine is in the other category. I don't care:D I get more work done and quicker than anybody else. So in my downtime I'm here, but if there something needing to be done I go do it. Then rush back to my pc to KFO hoping there's alot of good post. Many times I'm done by 10 am and have a whole day I need to waste.

fa_jing
03-14-2002, 03:46 PM
You should have voted "I have no shame about being on KFO while the person next to me is hacking away"

I mean, that was the point. :)

-FJ

joedoe
03-14-2002, 03:52 PM
I am the boss too, but I try not to spend too much time here because I don't want to set a bad example.

However, KFO is usually open in a window in background all day, so I occasionally check to see if there is anything interesting happening :)

kungfu cowboy
03-15-2002, 08:48 AM
What is this thing called a resume? Sounds evil.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-15-2002, 11:08 AM
wd . .. why would jwt want to hire someone he already knows is addicted to the kung fu forum? come on now.

Kristoffer
03-15-2002, 11:14 AM
I'm always here when at home.. or at a friends house so I hardly have to hide anything. In school I never get to use the comp. coz they consider me a 'hazard' to the school :D ,,

Water Dragon
03-15-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
wd . .. why would jwt want to hire someone he already knows is addicted to the kung fu forum? come on now.

Imagine, for one moment, two grown men in business suits beating the $hit out of each other in the middle of the office. That beats the heck out of surfing KFO.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-15-2002, 12:34 PM
wd .. . your right. i'm gonna go punch my boss right now.