PDA

View Full Version : I am going to fight two blackbelts at 4:00 Pm Today

Stacey
02-23-2002, 10:28 AM
We are getting together for some friendly sparring.

Kempo and TKD pointfighting.

I know I know, but its cheaper than getting a robot that puches and kicks.

If Shaoilin Kempo has anything to do with shaolin I may have to counter some techniques, but I kind of doubt it can stand up to my NPM/Hsing I/ SHuai CHiao/-submission grappling training. Oh yeah and my Tai Chi flow.

Well, we'll see.

I have headgear(which I have, I'd rather not have it) boxing gloves(same here) and my grappling gloves that I love, that actually free up my kung fu and allow for a range of joint locks.

Were sparring on mats and their complaint is that you can't pivot. I don't get it because I can kick just fine on mats. Does karate kicking pivot in a different way? I don't know. Well I'll let y'all know about my strengths and especially my weaknesses. Even if they don't exploit them.

yenhoi
02-23-2002, 10:44 AM
It hard for them to pivot when you keep kicking out thier legs.

Watch out for the kenpo dude, tho.

Sho
02-23-2002, 10:50 AM
Good luck.

Former castleva
02-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Destroy them! :D

wu_de36
02-23-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Stacey
We are getting together for some friendly sparring.

Kempo and TKD pointfighting.

I know I know, but its cheaper than getting a robot that puches and kicks.

If Shaoilin Kempo has anything to do with shaolin I may have to counter some techniques, but I kind of doubt it can stand up to my NPM/Hsing I/ SHuai CHiao/-submission grappling training. Oh yeah and my Tai Chi flow.

Well, we'll see.

I have headgear(which I have, I'd rather not have it) boxing gloves(same here) and my grappling gloves that I love, that actually free up my kung fu and allow for a range of joint locks.

Were sparring on mats and their complaint is that you can't pivot. I don't get it because I can kick just fine on mats. Does karate kicking pivot in a different way? I don't know. Well I'll let y'all know about my strengths and especially my weaknesses. Even if they don't exploit them.

I hope your arrogance gets you "knocked the fugg out."

Martial Joe
02-23-2002, 12:22 PM
Stacey...your a man...

PHILBERT
02-23-2002, 01:16 PM
Stacey, what's your style?

Yung Apprentice
02-23-2002, 01:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!! That was fuggin hilarious!

KungFuGuy!
02-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Martial Joe
Stacey...your a man...

It's funny because it's true :D

jon
02-23-2002, 03:15 PM
Make sure you bring a belt of your own.
Otherwise they could gang up and make you there b!tch!:eek:

P.S If the TKD guy actualy CAN kick, dont make the stupid mistake of just sticking your hand infront of his legs. Otherwise you will be typing one handed for the next few months.

Stacey is NOT a man...
She is just sexualy challenged.

Mr. Nemo
02-23-2002, 03:19 PM
If by "sexually challenged" you mean "he has a d.ick instead of a vagina", then yes, he is sexually challenged.

Stacey
02-23-2002, 03:25 PM
THE DIDN'T SHOW UP. What sissies.

This is number 4. 4 times strait I meet a bjj/nhb wannabee who says, "Hey lets get together and spar. 4th time strait, the super tough guys didn't show.

It was lucky for them. My six harmonies were in place, I was at the highest peak I'd been in months, all of my techniques were on the tip of my fingers.

The kempo guy said something to the effect of ,"I want to get my mental edge back."

I said, "Nothing centers you quite like a jab to the face." This might have scared him. He's starting a school, so it would look bad if I tossed him around like a ragdoll.

My arrogance isn't arrogance, its confidence. And well earned at that. There aren't many people who have lost as many fights as I have, I have tapped more than many, many people, then I started tapping half the time and now....I rarely tap.

my style. My most quality training has been in 8 step praying mantis. I still don't call it my style because I'm just starting to get a feel for it. It broadened my horizons a lot and I don't have a good enough handle on the depth of info. I'm not qualified to teach in my style, but I enjoy taking out people who are qualified in other styles. I've rolled with loads of grapplers, all types, 8step groundboxing included.

But I'm lonely...:( Two people that play tennis get together on a Sat afternoon. Martial artist do too, but there aren't many real ones out there. Just heapfulls of wannabees.

Yes I am a Man. I outlined it all in a thread called, "I am a man."

Ryu
02-23-2002, 03:40 PM
"This is number 4. 4 times strait I meet a bjj/nhb wannabee who says, "Hey lets get together and spar. 4th time strait, the super tough guys didn't show."

:confused: Since when does kenpo and TKD constitute for BJJ/NHB??

Oh well. Maybe you'll get em next time. Did they call and cancel or just not show?

Ryu

Stacey
02-23-2002, 03:48 PM
they fall into the NHB. Because thats my game. I don't care much for point tag unless its san shou rules. San shou is ok, but it should have knees and elbows.

I love BJJ, I dont' do it, but it produces good fighters. Its the wannabees that **** me off, they are such teases.

I think I might get my ass kicked and learn something, but its just a waste of time.

I used to think tournaments were too expensive and too far to travel, but now I see their merit. They weed out the talkers.

I hope they have a good excuse. I am ****ed off after being stood up. I waited an hour lugging all my equipment with me. And most of it was for them, so they couldn't say, "Only no contact because we have no pads." I even brought a new mouthguard just in case they might not have one.

I am no kung fu master, but I am a kung fu athlete and these kind of things are annoying. I didn't bring a fight waver, so maybe it was for the best that I didn't spar with them. Who can tell whats good or bad. I'm still dissapointed though.

wushu chik
02-23-2002, 05:48 PM
Hmmmm, does anybody here NOT give a sh!t about as much as me?? Yeah, probably! Anyways, Stacey, untape your pen!s from the inside of your leg, and quit PRETENDING TO BE A WOMAN!! Honey, you could NEVER PASS!! Not with your stupidity!

Anyone miss me yet?

~Wen~

Ryu
02-23-2002, 06:12 PM
I missed you. ;)
I could have used my better half the last couple of days.

Ryu

neito
02-23-2002, 06:35 PM
tkd kicks work fine while standing on mats, lots of tkd and karate clubs share training areas with judo clubs and train on mats all the time. on the other hand if you have terrible balance it will really show on the mats.

Mr. Nemo
02-23-2002, 07:03 PM
I'm a little confused as to how TKD and Kenpo = MMA, but all right. The fourth time, eh?

Ryu
02-23-2002, 08:00 PM
That was my question..

Ryu

Merryprankster
02-23-2002, 08:05 PM
Stacey,

Where in Jersey do you live?