PDA

View Full Version : Kids keeping schools in business

rogue
02-23-2002, 12:51 PM
I was talking with several of my instructors today about the kids class, nothing bad we were just talking about how well it's going. To keep it short, one instructor said it's the kids class that pays the rent and buys the new equipment, and he said it's that way with almost all the schools that he's talked to.

He's trying to get more adults but with work and family adults will come for six months then disappear for six months, and then reappear six months later. Makes it hard to make plans on them alone.

How important is the kids program in your schools and what's the class sizes of adults and kids?

wu_de36
02-23-2002, 12:58 PM
we have no kids in our class, since we're on a college campus... we've had a few in the past.. one as young as 10, others in their teens, kids of staff members, etc.

if we had overhead and rent to deal with, i'm sure we'd have a kids class.

i see nothing wrong with it. there are far worse things kiddies could be doing than TKD and Kungfu. And if it means you can teach the more serious folks, even better.

definetely separate classes though.

qeySuS
02-23-2002, 01:33 PM
Always seperate classes, there's one 12 year old that gets to be with the adult class but that's because he's **** good and none of the kids are as good as him so he's not getting much of a challange there.

Merryprankster
02-23-2002, 08:26 PM
Without them, I would not have a place to train.

Sho
02-24-2002, 02:40 AM
Our class has an age minimum requirement of 15 years, but we have had some younger kids, however most of them have quit.

rogue
02-24-2002, 06:29 PM
The kids are something, the class keeps growing or would if space allowed, they stick with it and we do not have any contracts and they're even behaving better as time goes by. It's pretty cool, and we old folks get new equipment.

red_fists
02-24-2002, 06:57 PM
Hi.

No kids here either, our youngest student is 19.

Not that we are against Kids, just nobody ever asked to have their Kids in our Kwoon.

But I doubt if they will create a special class just for them.

rogue
02-24-2002, 07:06 PM
We didn't either until recently and then the thing took off. The instructor was wondering if the thing would fly. Now we just need more adults.