PDA

View Full Version : Props to Monterey Park Wutangers...

xingyi-boy
02-23-2002, 04:15 PM
To count, and anyone else in Monterey Park, please give my regards and thanks to Neil Thomas and Sifu Jason Tsou for a great article in the new IKF magazine!

If your wondering who I am, I used to be "baji-boy" until complications came up, making me unable to study Baji with Richard Miller here in Michigan...I now practice Xingyi Quan, but after reading this great article, I was reminded of all the work and good times I had studying Baji with Sifu Miller. Baji is a great art, and it's good to see that it's being promoted with high quality articles, etc.

I've been dissapointed with IKF lately, but this issue seems to be (hopefully) showing that more good things are to come...

So, to all the Wutangers who read this (and everyone else for that matter), keep up the hard work and happy training!

count
02-23-2002, 05:35 PM
I'll pass it along to Neal and Jim. That was Jim in all the photo's. Neal gave some good description of our tourture sessions, umm, I mean classes. Got home about 2 hours ago and I'm still pickin grass out of my ears. And that's after a shower. Look for next months installment on piqua. Notice the lack of trees in that section of the park. Does that tell you anything about our Baji group, or our Bagua group for that matter?:D

BTW, I thought there were actually 2 good articles in this months issue. I though Tim Cartmells article on circular throws was good too.

baji-fist
02-25-2002, 03:04 PM
I got a copy of the article myself. It was well written and like Xingyi Boy said, it is great to see Baji being promoted like it is. The torture session, every Baji practitioner can relate to and it really gives you a sense of how hard training in martial arts can be. An excellent article and hope to see more articles from Sifu Jason Tsou's group and other Wu-tan practitioners.

count
02-26-2002, 02:05 PM
I still thought the article should have shown more applications. Maybe I'll try one on Bagua.