PDA

View Full Version : IT'S PRETTY SAD..

01-25-2001, 11:49 AM
You know it's pretty sad when a corporation like T.C. Media, because they support someone like James Lacy and now own this board, deletes messages that contain no profanity simply because something was said against someone they support (and it wasn't even direct). Sounds to me like good old-fashioned censorship. Well, I can tell you this; I will no-longer posts on or visit this board. Also I do have a wholesale account with T.C. Media which I am going to cancel and I can promise you that they will never receive another dime in orders from either me or my students. I hope that enough of you read this before they delete this message too for simply speaking the truth. I have lost ALL respect for T.C. Media and Kung-Fu/QiGong magazine. My subscription and account will be closed immediately. You know it's real sad when a company such as T.C. Media who obviously supports censorship and doesn't want anything said even remotely against someone they support (even though James Lacy is a psychopath) will edit and even delete posts that contain no profanity or direct attacks on anyone simply because they disagree. Anyway, T.C. Media, you blew it. All respect is lost and I encourage others to follow suit here. You just lost a forum member and a very good customer as well as his students. Hope Lacy appreciates the sacrifice you've made on his behalf.

I'm Outta Here
SubJee

BIU JI
01-25-2001, 03:25 PM
You're a new member , what are you talking about ? I'm sure we will miss you (not).
Unless this is Shaolin Master again telling us all of his disapproval. Go get them mate tell em all about it .lol
will you respond mmmmm?!

MoQ
01-25-2001, 08:18 PM
it was abit silly, but with all the trolls and trollish pretention and trollish pretenders smokescreening and scurrying around like multi-legged bellycrawlers, I found his Lacy send-up to be righteous and straight forward.

The man SubJee must have some genuine experience to draw his material from. His parody was too tongue in cheek to really be Lacy(because he is not a clever man), but everything is straight out of the freaks' mouth.

If the thread in fact DID disappear because of TC Media's alignment with Lacy, then that is pretty freakin' sad and we are all doomed. It seems that, to a great degree, peoples "love" for CMA and traditions is very shallow at best, mostly useful to call attention and probably its just sh*t you say when you are trying to sell something.

It is pretty frightening to think of these fertilizer salesmen covering the world in their published droppings...

illusionfist
01-26-2001, 12:04 AM
No, I just deleted it because it was pointless. I dont like Lacy (an opinion gathered from what i have heard about him, and from the outrageous claims i have read of his). Subjee, if you have something to say that can contribute to this board, whether its good or bad, it will not get deleted. When you come on here and one of the first things you do is start trolling, what do you think is gonna happen? Anybody who has been on here long enough knows that i do this. So it wasn't censorship, and it wasn't bias. It was the lack of intelligence and content that was found within your posts.

Peace :D

01-26-2001, 12:34 AM
i.e...CENSORSHIP...in your opinion it had no value...so you CENSORED it. Whatever, this forum is so full of bias and nonsense that freedom of speech here is the last thing anyone will see. Agree and contribute to the "community" standard or be CENSORED. Whatever, you can take your forum and stick it up your self-righteous-ass. SEE YA.

billy_pilgrim
01-26-2001, 02:47 AM
Is it just me, or does this guy sound very familiar? Wasn't there some dude on here about a month ago, who kept posting well after he claimed he was leaving the forum?

illusionfist
01-26-2001, 03:05 AM
Peace out!!! :)

mantis7
01-26-2001, 06:42 AM
Well illiusion fist I have to disagree with you there .. in the southern forum there are in fighting dealt by some grown men and women but if you felt that it was unfair to post that...then what about how HAndsome makes fun of leuing ting with that website( i dont support leung ting but hey fair is fair) or when ever someone has a rude or diffrent look about a topic or strewed comment.. We have trolls like Shaolin master, word and many otheres if you are going to moderate make it across the board read the post and if someone says ie you are so fake your kung fu sucks or what ever then you should delete it as well..

The james lacy Joke seemd to be right on the button to me and he brought it on himself.. How about the attacks on winglam I never saw them deleted but hey who am I to say anything.. I always believed that no matter what will be said everyone has there opinion be it troll or not.... I argued with word but never said he should be taken off.. some people are just that way and if you censor them things will get to the point that I cant say that a certian system or teacher/master isnt to my likeling?????

Victor (((FREE THINKER))))

billy_pilgrim
01-26-2001, 08:57 PM
Well, when the same people keep showing up week after week under different personas with the sole purpose of causing trouble their posts SHOULD be deleted. I was willing to give "Subjee" the benefit of the doubt, but he showed his true colors after the fact, thereby validating any suspicions Illusionfist had.
Whatever his problems, I honestly believe that "Word" honestly thought he was doing us all a favor. I think his intentions were a lot more pure(albeit misguided) than others. And that's the difference here.

mantis7
01-27-2001, 04:01 AM
you are all right but being misguided the same as being a troll...a misguided man can still destroy a nation.. and nation with out free speech can be boring and non truthful place... There will always be gossip and in fighting in the martial arts world... but think of this with out discussing Teachers how can the charlatans be exposed.. and with out that how can the new commers know who to avoid so that they do not receive a bad experience with there martial experience,,,,

Sorry for being devils advocate guys.. But someone has to be

Victor :mad:

BIU JI
01-27-2001, 11:48 AM
Bad experiences teach as well as good ones yeh! New commers will just find out the usual way, by being trolled.