PDA

View Full Version : 5-2 Canada Takes Gold!!!!

Johnny Hot Shot
02-24-2002, 03:08 PM
Yeah !!! Canada Kicked the yanks A$$es on there own turf.

KungFuGuy!
02-24-2002, 03:19 PM
**** right!
This proves that stats and numbers means are nothing when it comes down to it. Eat it America!

CanadianBadAss
02-24-2002, 03:48 PM
KungFuGuy!, What r u talkin about? The stats and numbers for our players are way better then the americans...

GO CANADA!!!!!!!!!

Mister Hansome
02-24-2002, 03:49 PM
Yeah, for those who doubted us, we won baby. We destroyed the american teams hockey streak of never losing at home for 70 years. We broke their olympic hockey streak, they claim that the final would be their 'miracle on ice' experience of the 1980's, but it turned out to be our 1952 and 1972 experience relived. Salt Lake City will always be a legend now. For those new hockey fans, always watch the Olympics, All-Star Games, and Playoffs. Playoffs is way better then the normal games, All-Star is almost as good as the Olympics. I think this hockey game was the most widely watched game in american hockey history, no game has those ratings. If my predictions are right then the american national sport in 20 years will be HOCKEY baby. We'll meet you in Italy as defending champions and also future champions. Good game guys. Salt Lake City was a door which made a stable foundation for hockey in america, but remember we created it.

!!!CANADA WON!!!

Mister Hansome
02-24-2002, 03:51 PM
Our numbers and stats weren't better! Well overall anyways. But stats and numbers are NOTHING. Skill and talent is key, and don't forget luck. Talent and skill baby, talent and skill.

!!!CANADA WON!!!

Ky-Fi
02-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Yeah, it sure must have been draining for team Canada to have to play Belarus to get to the gold medal game....

OK, enough of my sore-losership and whining :). The better team won today. The US did not have the jump in their play, they lost most of the key faceoffs, they lost most of the battles on the boards, and they lost most of the races for the open pucks. Canada did an excellent job of tightening up the defense in their own zone---the US forwards just could not find any room to operate the whole game.

Oh well, at least I got to enjoy Drury catching Fleury with a crushing open-ice hit--I can't stand that little SOB!(although I must concede he played hard today.)

I do think the NHL could learn something from these games---I would particularly like to see the 2-line pass offside eliminated from the NHL.

rogue
02-24-2002, 04:14 PM
F#%king French Judges!:mad:

old jong
02-24-2002, 05:28 PM
Yeah!...Canada is the birthplace of hockey. Like Japan is the birthplace of Judo. Like China is the birthplace of Kung Fu. Like Brazil is the birthplace of you know what! Like the U.S.A. is the birthplace of... Mac Donald!...:D ;) :D :p

KungFuGuy!
02-24-2002, 05:50 PM
Not quite, Canadianbadass. We got blown apart by sweeden, barely beat germany (germany!!!!), and tied the czechs. Whereas USA trampled all competition and were undefeated up to the finals.
No matter how popular hockey becomes in USA, it will always be the Canadian game.

bratok304
02-24-2002, 08:15 PM
stfu y'all, it's not like u played the game. you just sat on ur a$$ and watched it. jesus...

CanadianBadAss
02-24-2002, 08:31 PM
It's ok, i forgive you. If you had beat me and taken my gold I might be feeling the same way, but you didn't because you suck and I'm a better hockey player!!!

GO ME!!!!!

David Jamieson
02-24-2002, 08:58 PM
yeah, nothing like a game of hockey to give us some national pride!

we needed that :D

Funny, a lot of those guys play together in the NHL.

The USA had a great team for sure. it's about the moment.

peace and yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

(it's INSANE on YONGE street!) yeesh. Drive the gauntlet.