PDA

View Full Version : 9 post bagua training

Bobba Fett
02-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Hello,

Is anyone familiar with 9 post bagua training? Is it the same as "9 palace" bagua? If anyone can recomend a tape where this training method is demonstrated it would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone can tell me what I should say to my wife when she discovers the backyard has "new landscaping." Thanks in advance!

count
02-24-2002, 08:59 PM
Yes, we sometimes call it the same. Here is a good online article. (http://www.wutangcenter.com/baguaposts.htm)

RAF
02-25-2002, 08:35 AM
Nam Bok Park wrote a couple of pieces in the old Pa Kua Journal. I am not sure if they are in his books or tapes. The piece that Count cited shows the major static strikes and some single moving strikes. You can run entire forms through the posts and we also use kao techniques (the posts are loosely packed in the ground for give). Also saw use of dart kick training (hidden kicks)

Adam Hsu's tapes has some information but not much and quite frankly I know about 1% of the actual training although I have watched some of the training demonstrated (not taught, unfortunately). For the basics, you don't need 9 posts but only three. Wing Chun players have visited and were impressed with what could be done on the posts. I hope to learn more this summer when we return to train at our Sifu's house.

If you find anything out, please post. I think bagua is probably one of the most complete fighting and conditioning systems ever devised. For sure its the most complex system I know of. Unfortunately most instructors treat it as gold and little ever gets out.

razakdigital
03-01-2002, 03:15 PM
To help in this discussion here is a hardcore prespective on post training. No fluff...just realistic, practical information. I hope this and the previous post help you in your search for knowledge.

http://www.blacktaoist.com/theory%20and%20application%20of%20bagua.html

count
03-01-2002, 05:21 PM
Nice to hear from you and thanks for sharing. But dude, you gotta start sizing those images down in photshop;)

razakdigital
03-02-2002, 12:24 PM
Hey Count,

The reason for the state in which some of the new pictures are in is because TheBlackTaoist is updating the site now. He is learning how do work with the site so we can speed up bringing new information to our Internal Martial Brothers. ( We have a lot of people that like our site because we are constantly updating it ) He is a beginner and as such there will be some mistakes and changes that need be made. We spend more of our time training in the applications and techniques that are on our website then tinkering with Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Fireworks.