PDA

View Full Version : Can't skip, won't skip...

Sharky
02-25-2002, 10:46 AM
I can skip quite fast and consistently both feet. I can move forward and backwards and also i only jump about 5cm off of the floor.

But what i CAN'T do is skip with alternate feeted. I just can't seem to be able to get it at all. I KNOW i have respectable footwork, and i know i can dance (to music) but this baffles me.

I've just been trying for like 45 mins on just skipping and couldn't get any closer.

Can anyone tell me the secret to it, if there is one.

Cheers

apoweyn
02-25-2002, 11:30 AM
try starting out slowly. you can skip on both feet simultaneously. you can't alternate. so split the difference. practice skipping on one foot. the same foot. for, say, two or three repetitions. then try switching feet. and when you do that, make sure you switch feet by raising your knees up, not by throwing your feet behind you as if you were running. i notice people do that, and end up catching the jumprope on their feet behind them.

stuart b.

JWTAYLOR
02-25-2002, 01:53 PM
I told you that you didn't have to skip for me any more. Just wearing that little skirt for me is good enough.

Don't you worry your pretty little head about it.

JWT

Sharky
02-25-2002, 08:09 PM
Do you know how hard it is to skip in these heels?

SevenStar
02-25-2002, 10:40 PM
1. Take off the heels. pumps or flats may work better for you
2. practice. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy. start slow, and if you have a mirror, watch your feet in it. practice one skipping variation, then when you get it, move to another. Eventually you'll be able to mix them all effortlessly.