PDA

View Full Version : Serious question

Ray Pina
02-25-2002, 02:25 PM
I was at a club the other night with a good DJ. Everyone was having a good time and dancing hard. As always, I was working on material low key: stepping, weight distribution, angles in accordance with those around me, ect.

When the jam stopped -- it flowed for about 40 minutes -- I felt very light and realized there was no effort exerted at all. Then I felt what seemed like one heavy pulse shoot up my spine and stop at the center of my shoulders.

Was I simply bugging out, or is that something?

Nexus
02-25-2002, 02:40 PM
I think you just answered your own question.

But if we tell you that it is the most refined highest level of chi available on this side of the carribean will it make you train harder, longer and more diligently then ever before!?!@$

LOL.

:p :p :p :p :p

- Nexus

Ray Pina
02-25-2002, 02:47 PM
No, it wouldn't affect my training at all.

I've just been training hard lately, and I have felt noticable things. Like when I'm writing now, I feel an increased pulse in my fingers tips. This has never happned before, where it's noticable, I mean, my finger tips, especially my thumb, throbbing.

I must have written hundreds of papers for school, one complete 100 page manuscript and now 200 pages into a novel. This has only begun to happen a few months ago.

There have been two changes since that time. 1) I have begun circle walking and practicing much harder and 2) haven't surfed because of an injury and gained some weight.

I though perhaps this finger pulse/ spine pusle could be related. Maybe its something I ate -- Taco Bell.

Nexus
02-25-2002, 04:02 PM
Perhaps your self-awareness is increasing and you are becoming more sensitive to the energy in your own body. It could also be that the energy in your body is more alive and actively flowing now that you are consistently cultivating it and using it in conjunction with your own intention. I think you are seeing a very small glimpse of what is yet to come from future years in the internal process. Trust the process.

- Nexus

Sam Wiley
02-25-2002, 04:03 PM
Yeah, Taco Bell will do that to you.;)

jon
02-25-2002, 06:17 PM
Evolution Fist
After two months of full time training in Bagua under a good sifu...

1 My palms will sweat after a while
2 My hands feel heavy or light
3 My hands start to show signs of increased blood flow like changes of colour.
4 My fingertips tingle
5 I can feel my spine when i move where as before i was hardly aware of it.
6 I can occasionaly when i move feel a flick that comes from my dan tian and spine and then extends right the way though my fingertips in one quick motion. Feels like flicking water off when your wet.
7 I stand up bolt strait
8 I feel better about myself
9 I can fight better
10 My ankles hurt
I should go and buy my sifu a big box of chocolates:D
Is this sounding at all familiar?
I hope so cause if not something is behaving rather odd in my body at the moment:eek:

Nexus
02-25-2002, 07:05 PM
Evolution Fist
After two "days" without sex from a good woman.

1 My palms will sweat after a while
2 My hands feel heavy or light
3 My hands start to show signs of increased blood flow like changes of colour.
4 My fingertips tingle
5 I can feel my groin when i move where as before i was hardly aware of it.
6 I can occasionaly when i move feel a flick that comes from my pen1s slapping into my thigh and then extend right the way though my shorts in one quick motion. Feels like flicking water off when your wet.
7 I stand up bolt strait
8 I feel better about myself
9 I can fight off urges better
10 My ankles hurt from tripping over my pen1s

I should go and buy a woman a big box of chocolates!
Is this sounding at all familiar?
I hope so cause if not something is behaving rather odd in my body at the moment.

:p Nexus :p

jon
02-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Awww crap!
I really thought i had a good thing going on!
Now im gonna have to go and cry to my girl:eek:
That and give my Bagua sifu a harsh talking to, teach me a bunch of mubo jumbo insanity indusing crapola!

"I can feel my groin when i move where as before i was hardly aware of it. "
* Man this is the first step towards enlightenment, attach something metalic downthere then you will ALWAYS feel the force!
( I errr dont do this )

"My ankles hurt from tripping over my pen1s"
* I knew it had to be something to do with my oversized weapon!

hehe that was a great post, and you hardly had to change a thing :D
Im a git and should retire early:(

shaolinboxer
02-26-2002, 07:47 AM
EF - Maybe you were just rolling really hard ;).

Seriously though, I have done what you are describing many times. The problem with training in clubs is really the air quality...there is so much in the air from cigs, joints, coke and e dust, smoke machines, alchohol vapor....it is hard for your chi to really flow naturally.

But clubs are there for feeling good and having fun, so by all means enjoy what it is you are doing.

Ray Pina
02-26-2002, 10:10 AM
No, those days are over. Except maybe for some Da Kind here or there ... or everywhere.

Anyway, I don't want to make it out that I'ma freak training at a club. I'm out having a good time with friends, just being mindful of principles in my stepping and what not. I went straight from class, so it was fresh in my mind. My legs were killing me for two days though, between a kick focused class, 6 hours of raving and then a museum tour and walk through central park.

Anyway, still much to work on and I have to go get some work done.

Peace people
Yo Queto Tac Bell

Zantesuken
02-26-2002, 09:04 PM
sounds pretty cool. haha. i don't know i haven't posted in a long time because my net keeps messing over.

well i train constantly wherever i am. bus stop i stand meditate, home i do that and forms, push hands w/ grandma so and so. after about 3 weeks i have that stuff that evo fist was talking about. the change in colour, feel something flowing up and down my back to my head and so on. relaxed. lower body feels heavier upper feels lighter.

one of the cooler things is that my back has straightened out from years of being a computer ****. haha

taijiquan_student
02-26-2002, 09:33 PM
They censor ****?!!!

Zantesuken
02-26-2002, 09:59 PM
it was supposed to be d-o-R-k

Ray Pina
02-27-2002, 08:08 AM
Zantesuken, you're not as disagreable as I first though.

I like your Simpsons sign off. I love that episode.

Also, when the MAD magazine explodes and everyone asks how everyone is feeling.

"Ok"

"Fine."

Then that one guy: "I actually feel better."

I love that. My sifu always says, you wina fight when you walk away OK. Not that you knock out 5 of his teath and you only had 2 knocked out. He'll say, if he feels better that's his business. I think of that episode every single time.
:)