PDA

View Full Version : !!!Yangjia Michuan Taijiquan Seminar in Philly this weekend!!!

taijiquan_student
02-26-2002, 02:11 PM
This is pretty short notice, because I just thought to post this here today. There is a seminar in Philly on Yangjia Michuan Taijiquan this weekend--friday night, all day sat., and sunday morning. My teacher's senior student, Bede Bidlack moved to philly and opened up his own school, Still Mountain T'ai Chi Center, and he is hosting my (and his) teacher, Scott Rodell, to come to his school to do this. Here is the info for the seminar:

LOGISTICS--
WHEN: Friday, March 1, 7-9pm
Saturday, March 2, 8:30-12:30 & 2-5pm
Sunday, March 3, 8:30-11:30am

WHERE: Max Family Training Center, Ardmore--120 W. Lancaster Ave, Ardmore Pa.

COST: $150.00 payable to Still Mountain T'ai Chi Center.

Questions-- For questions about the instruction, call Scott at Great River Taoist Center, 703-846-8222
For any other questions call Bede at Still Mountain T'ai Chi Center, 610-649-9284, or e-mail him at bbidlack@eastern.edu.

As a note: The michuan form is an old yang style form. This isn't a political/lineage thread, so if you don't believe this is Yang Lu Chan's family form, don't get on me about this now. The michuan is the private family form of the Yang family, that was kept in the family for the first two generations until Yang Jian Hou accepted Zhang Qin Lin as a disciple and taught him the system.

The whole form is divided into three sections, taking one hour to complete all three. This seminar will cover the first section, which is about 10 min. long. The goal is to learn the whole first section (well enough so you can practice and refine it for a while by yourself), but we won't sacrifice quality for quantity.

Call Scott if you have questions, and I hope some of you can come, even though it's so short notice. It will be lots of fun and good training.

Laotse
03-03-2002, 11:27 AM
I'll vouch for it -- I teach YMT in Houston under the auspices of my teacher, Master George Hu, an early student of Master Wang Yien-Nien.

Question: how is it possible that you registered on this site in December 1969? Even the crudest forms of the Internet did not exist then, much less the WWW.

taijiquan_student
03-03-2002, 03:59 PM
Hi laotse.

The michuan is awesome. I started learning it in November (maybe December) and it's really cool.
I have heard a lot about Master Hu. I remember hearing he came to our school to do a seminar a while ago, mainly on throwing (before I was doing taiji). I've been anxious for him to come back again for some throwing work, because I've heard he's just so unbelievably good, but I'm not sure my back is strong enough to take it.;)

When KFO moved to where it is now from the old address, some things got messed up. One of those things was that a WHOLE lot of the people on the forum suddenely had registered in 1969 or 1970. I've actually only been here about a year, probably a few months less.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find some good information from some knowledgeable practitioners, if you can wade through a lot of the crap. (political B.S., challenges, that sort of thing)