PDA

View Full Version : Good Wing Chun in Holland

Peter Aarts
02-27-2002, 12:35 PM
Ok, letīs try it again.
Letīs start where we have finished last time. Now, without being accused of being two different persons at the same time. I know Iīm a little scizo, but not that much!! Or did I just go over the line. Must be careful now.
My question is: Is there any good Wing Chun school in Holland. Thatīs were I live, ok?

Sihing73
02-27-2002, 12:47 PM
Hello,

Well, I am willing to try this again. You may wish to take a look at the following link. It may be helpful.

http://www.wingchun.org/text/schools/hol/netherl.html

Peace,

Dave

Rolling_Hand
02-27-2002, 12:48 PM
Imo, NO.

Peter Aarts
02-27-2002, 12:48 PM
Thank you Dave. Iīll check it out.

Peace to you too.

Peter

Botha
02-27-2002, 12:49 PM
Hi Peter Aarts, I was accused of being you! Very strange because I have never even met you. So we must have been working in the same internet cafe. You know this cafe is owned by my Sifu Hans Wuppertal. His wing chun School is in the Koestraat. I was surprised to read that you were looking for a wing chun teacher. When in fact there is a very good one so close to you. Hope you come by one day so we can actually meet.
BTW i hope the people on this forum notice that all my replies are very serious, so i find it strange to be accused of something really that stupid.

Peter Aarts
02-27-2002, 12:52 PM
Hey Botha,

So youīre not me. and Iīm not you. Glad, īcaus I was little confused. Ok. Before I get to your reply, we now must convince Dave that we īre two persons. How do we do that??

Botha
02-27-2002, 12:56 PM
Hi Peter,
Maybe we can try to send a message at exactly the same time. Strange to convince someone of your innocence, when you never did anything wrong

Peter Aarts
02-27-2002, 01:00 PM
Botha

Letīs send some mail at exactly 9 pm, OK

Peter Aarts
02-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Greetings To Botha and Dave. Hope weīre on the same time.

Peter.

Botha
02-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Hi, got the message

Peter Aarts
02-27-2002, 01:08 PM
So you say Hans Wuppertal is very good. Tell me more. Btw Dave has also a goog link. Look obove

Botha
02-27-2002, 01:15 PM
Hi Peter,

I can tell you many stories about Sifu Hans, about his fighting days in Hong Kong or his amazing demos and his half inch punch that can knock you out. But it is better to come for yourself. If you want to i can introduce you to Sifu Hans. He is a very nice guy, but like I said, come look for yourself.
Hope to see you soon!!!
BTW what does goog means

Tom Kagan
02-27-2002, 01:17 PM
A good story was, once, one of my more nutty Sihings travelled all the way to Holland to meet with my sibak, Wang Kiu. My Sihing wanted research information on Yip Man and decided, on his own, that Wang Kiu was the person to give it to him.

Wang Kiu told my Sihing, "What the hell are you doing here? Everything you want to know about Yip Man is in New York!" and sent him on his way.

I've never met Sibak Wang Kiu nor any of his students. But, I suspect, if you can find him, Wang Kiu could give you a good taste of Ving Tsun in Holland.

Peter Aarts
02-27-2002, 01:18 PM
Iīve heard some stories about him, but I donīt know wether theyīre true. Has he trained under Yip, or was it the other half German guy, I donīt know his name.

Botha
02-27-2002, 01:22 PM
Dear Tom,

I can imagine why Wang Kiu was telling that.
In an interview Wang Kiu admitted that there were lots of stuff he had never learned from Yip Man. Footwork for one thing. I read this interview so don't tell me it is not true.
Sifu Hans told me he is one of the very few to have learned the whole wing chun system

Peter Aarts
02-27-2002, 01:23 PM
Tom Kagan

What did Wang kiu mean by "all in NY"? He must have known something too about Yip! Didnīt he?

Kuen
02-27-2002, 01:57 PM
Sifu Hans told me he is one of the very few to have learned the whole wing chun system

that's what they all say.:rolleyes:

What did Wang kiu mean by "all in NY"? He must have known something too about Yip! Didnīt he?

Take a close look at Mr. Kagan's avatar and it should be obvious what he means.

Tom Kagan
02-27-2002, 03:40 PM
Take a close look at Mr. Kagan's avatar and it should be obvious what he means

Perhaps. But, if you reread my post, you may discover less obvious interpretations.

Maybe something else to ponder would help: Why would a gentleman as well respected as Wang Kiu behave abruptly to a person coming to him for knowledge in the fashion my sihing did?

My sifu was not the only person in New York who knew Yip Man at the time of Wang Kiu's statement. There were maybe two other direct students and at least three grandstudents who knew their Sigung personally. Additionally, there were a few others in New York who studied Ving Tsun in Hong Kong and also knew Yip Man and, most likely, Wang Kiu, too.

Peter Aarts,

Of course Wang Kiu knew Yip Man. In fact, the answer Wang Kiu gave leads me to believe he knew Yip Man so well he copied quite a bit of Yip Man's manner - Hence, my thoughts he could give you a good taste of Ving Tsun.

Peter Aarts
02-27-2002, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the clear reply

What do you think of Bothaīs statement:

Wang Kiu didnīt learn that much from old Yip.

Iīd like to hear your thoughts about this.

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
02-27-2002, 04:15 PM
Peter Aarts,
Just out of curiosity, since you haven't listed it in your profile, who have you studied WC from?

Peter Aarts
02-27-2002, 04:29 PM
Just for the records.
Iīm a student of Master Sergio Iadarola, private student of Grandmaster Leung Ting. (You know him, the latter one...)

Peter Aarts
02-28-2002, 12:09 AM
I knew on forehand youīd be the person to react just like you did.
This says even more about you than your knickname does...:D