PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Chin Na is in Pak Mei,Lung Ying,Yau Kung Mun and Southern Mantis

FIRE HAWK
02-27-2002, 09:18 PM
What kind of Chin Na (Qin Na) is in Pak Mei , Southern Mantis , Yau Kung Mun , and Lung Ying ? You dont here much about the Chin Na (Qin Na) in these arts what kind of Chin Na (Qin Na ) Hand techniques do they use Tiger Claw Eagle Claw ? What are some of the names of the techniques ?

fiercest tiger
02-28-2002, 03:23 AM
sealing the air blood and chi. DIM MAK

locks, throws, standing and ground fighting all found in ykm. i find the chinna and shau chao techniques are better in the internal part of the system.

similar to dr yang ming jings teachings on his taiji.

mantis-1
02-28-2002, 05:35 AM
In SPM a lot of the techniques are interchangeable/adaptable, what I mean by that is that they are not specifically a locking technique or striking technique. If I take for example Yiu Kiu (Shaking of the bridge) I am not going to explain the individual moves but it is a prime example the technique can used to lock your opponents wrist or to strike/push your opponent out the way this is a very brief breakdown. Techniques should be adaptable in the way that in a confrontation you may not actually use the technique exactly as you have trained in class so you have to think off the cuff and on the spur of the moment…anyway just a few of my thoughts

BSH
03-01-2002, 01:43 PM
A problem with some Chin Na techniques is that you lose the use of your limbs when applying to an opponent. When dealing with someone with true internal abilities, they can do a lot of damage quickly.

I have heard people talk about Chin Na as a seperate complete system lately. Kind of scary that someone would limit themselves to a small part of any complete system.

In my art, the techniques I have learned tend to be quick, damaging and releasing so that you can deal with other potential opponents.

BIU JI
03-01-2002, 08:24 PM
Goes to show though Kung fu has so much to offer when you can take one aspect of it and focus solely on it. Agreed I wouldn't limit my self to just that but still I know that in YKM the internal part can be a system all on it's own and much time spent on any part of it.
Explains why it's a life time study yeh !!;)

TaoBoy
03-07-2002, 06:07 PM
Does anyone know of any Chin Na books that are specific to Southern styles (specifically SPM)?

I have read some of Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming's books, these are great but not specific to SPM.

Thanks in advance.

Tiger on Duty
03-09-2002, 12:03 AM
The pak mei i studie has little restraining chin na but lots of pulling and quik release chin na and some sealing the breath, however the pull release chin na is easily adaptable as mantis 1 stated into locking and more intense chin na techniques, i am actually going to check out an aikido club to fullfill this part of my kung fu which our style of pak mei has little off, and as a bit of fun on the side that wont interfere with my kung fu. As my sifu is to busy with other classes to teach this aspect of kung fu which he learned from else where.

fiercest tiger
03-10-2002, 02:27 AM
pak mei has some great locks and throws hidden within the forms, also muscle and bone seizing techniques! I believe these are all you need to know, tung tou techniques also have dislocations and whip lash effects.

One thing for sure if you do start to train aikido you will reconize all the circles in pak mei, small and large! but dont get to fancy with the aikido techniques as it will be your down fall, and your pak mei will be ruined.

take care
FT:)

GOLDEN ARMOR
03-10-2002, 09:03 AM
Since Bak Mei is heavily influenced by Shaolin Tiger, i thought it would have a lot of vicious breaking & chin na.

Tiger on Duty
03-11-2002, 03:18 PM
It certainly does have vicious breaking and tearing types of chin na but i was talking more of the restraining types which our style of pak mei does not have, as far as the aikido goes i only want the really fast powerful restraining, throwing types and none of the rediculous movie rubbish, so it will be a case of sifting through for the gold, and leaving the dross behind:).