PDA

View Full Version : Alan Fong

Peter Aarts
02-28-2002, 08:32 AM
I´ve a question esp. for SIHING73 regarding Alan Fong.
You told us on the forum, you had a sifu called Alan Fong. My Sifu has also trained with Alan Fong. Could we talking about one and the same person, or do we have here two different identities again????
BTW Serious question!

reneritchie
02-28-2002, 08:36 AM
I had the good fortune to meet Allan Fong, an early student of Leung Ting living in New York a few months back. A true gentlemen (as I've heard from everyone I know who've met him), with student who are knowledgeable and friendly.

(He's the only Allen Fong I've really heard of as a "name" in WCK)

Rgds,

RR

Sihing73
02-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Hello,

On my instructor level certificate for Wing Tsun, I have two Sifus listed. They are:
Keith Ronald Kernsprecht
Alan Fong

Alan Fong was, as Rene, pointed out an early student of Leung Ting. Alan accompanied Leung Ting to introduce WT to Europe/Germany back in the 70's. After I returned to the states I had the good fortune of meeting and training with Alan and even living in his home for some time. I have found him to be an excellent source for learning Wing Chun/Wing Tsun and also a good family man. He lives, currently, in Staten Island, NY. We have lost touch but still manage to connect from time to time. I last spoke to him about two months ago. I credit him with shaping much of my early Wing Chun and encouraging me to have an open mind and seek my own path.

If your instructor was part of the old Wing Tsun organization I am sure I may even know one or two others apart from Alan.

Peace,

Dave

Peter Aarts
02-28-2002, 09:04 AM
Ok, it´s obvious we´re talking about the same Alan Fong here. By the way, he is now the Honorary President of the organisation I now belong to. As i´ve heard, he is indeed a most respectable person. I believe to know he has only about 6 student nowadays. So, I was just wondering if you were one of them.

Sihing73
02-28-2002, 11:05 AM
Hello Peter Aarts,

As I mentioned I have not stayed in touch with Alan and last spoke to him about two months ago. I am unaware of how many students Alan has although I have spoken to another of his students on the WCML, Mustafa. I wish Alan only the best as well as success with any present endeavors. I am curious though as to how he came to be the "Honorary President" of a Wing Chun Group, which I am assuming is based in the Netherlands or Holland. I am basing this on your statement that you were from Holland. I would be interested in the name of your organization as well as whether or not you have met Alan personally. Also I would appreciate learning the name of your Sifu.

I ceased training with Alan some time ago. I currently train under Sifu Chung Kwok Chow in NYC. Sifu Chow and I have known each other for over ten years and I started training with him around 1991 or 92. I have only recently resumed serious training with him since last June as I was not in the area for some years.

Peace,

Dave

Peter Aarts
02-28-2002, 11:50 AM
Hi Dave,

Well, Alan Fong is the honorary president of the IWKA, international wingtjun kungfu association. The founder and headinstructor of the IWKA is Sifu Sergio Iadarola. Also my Si-Fu.
The headquarter is in Amsterdam, Holland.
Sergio Iadarola was a private student of Grandmaster Leung Ting for several years. The weapons he learned from Sifu Alan Fong in N.Y..
Because Leung Ting Wing Tsun in Europe is associated with Mr. Kernspecht, the IWKA was founded to teach original Leung Ting WT without interfering Mr. Kernspecht´s business. This was done for obvious reasons.
Besides schools in Holland, the IWKA has also schools in Germany and Italy, and more are following.
I´m an IWKA instructor in Holland.

No, I didn´t meet Sifu Alan Fong yet. He will be soon in Italy for a seminar, where I´ll meet him for sure.