PDA

View Full Version : Jackie's Accident on High Binders

firepalm
02-28-2002, 12:04 PM
Don't know too much about this one perhaps some on this board might know more. Apparently Jackie had a bad accident on the set of a new film being shot in Thailand called high binders. From this pic it looks pretty nasty.

Kristoffer
02-28-2002, 12:55 PM
This is why he is the king of action movies.. Jet Li can go rub himself.

nasty pic, wonder what happend?

PHILBERT
02-28-2002, 01:17 PM
Yeah I wonder what happened too. He looks ok, I thought it was going to be far worse. Looks like a knife or sword or something slashed across his face.

diego
02-28-2002, 01:36 PM
http://www.canoe.ca/JamMovies/feb19_chan-ap.html

ewallace
02-28-2002, 02:01 PM
Lee said Chan fell while dangling on a sling and landed on his face
Sling...Thailand...I don't think I want to know.

firepalm
02-28-2002, 03:22 PM
That link put by Diego says "Lee said Chan fell while dangling on a sling and landed on his face, resulting in a bruise. "

That 'bruise' in the picture looks like it's gonna need a sh!t load of stitches & some major plastic surgery. There's actually been very little in the press regarding this mishap even in the Chinese papers, perhaps Studio PR people don't want fans to know the real nature of Jackie's accident.

jointlock
02-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by firepalm
That link put by Diego says "Lee said Chan fell while dangling on a sling and landed on his face, resulting in a bruise. "

That 'bruise' in the picture looks like it's gonna need a sh!t load of stitches & some major plastic surgery. There's actually been very little in the press regarding this mishap even in the Chinese papers, perhaps Studio PR people don't want fans to know the real nature of Jackie's accident.
That's true. I thought the same thing. Back by Tuesday? That was quick. I was thinking he would have flown to the USA and had the sugery done by a top plactic surgeon, then would have needed at least a few weeks for recovery before being allowed to apply some kind of makeup/go back to work.

Silumkid
02-28-2002, 04:47 PM
From what I have heard, it only took four stitches. He's had a lot worse! ;)

PHILBERT
02-28-2002, 06:54 PM
Major surgery my ass. Look closely, its a clean cut wound, not alot of blood on his face other than the cut. Stitches and maybe, just maybe some minor surgery. He looks fine other than that. Notice how there are no blood smears on his face.

diego
03-01-2002, 01:48 AM
look close lol
we get it already
he's a bigboy he made it through the opera
he be allright....:)

Kristoffer
03-01-2002, 04:14 AM
Hey,, anyone know details about comming jackie movies? I heard he gonna do a Art of War based on the real-deal-Sun-Tzu-book..?

diego
03-01-2002, 02:51 PM
they said he was gonna start in a year or two, and film for a year or two striaght, do something like what they doing with lotr.
i may be confusing that tho...
one thing i think the the article said was, jackie wasnt going to use lots of computer animation on the battlefield scenes, and less props and graphicks on his fights, making his carachter like a swordsman general, using more traditional warfighting oppossed to his breakdance scrapping..

Ask gene he'd know :)

CrushingFist
03-02-2002, 01:17 PM
im really exited about seeing him in a more serious role for a change. don't get me wrong, i love his movies where he does all sortsa tricks and stuff, they're great, but i just think it'd be cool for a change, apparently he thinks so too. Just recall that awesome fight below the train in drunken master 2, that was dope~

Tvebak
03-03-2002, 01:49 AM
Ive just heard that in the Cirque do soleil show Dralion they had a trainer from the chinese opera named yung biao (or something close to that). They said that he had been a classmate with chakie... Anyone got some info on this?

respectmankind
03-03-2002, 02:45 AM
Hmmm, well Jackies movie will be cool and all, but can it really beat Pachino and Robbin Williams's new movie "Insomnia"???

Former castleva
03-03-2002, 04:00 AM
I´m not sure if I remember this right but Biao is an experienced martial artist,has done many,many movies with Sammo Hung and some with Jackie (including "Meals on Wheels" which has all these tree as main stars) He is a close friend of Sammo Hung (could be a relative too).

dezhen2001
03-03-2002, 08:48 AM
Yuen Biao was a classmate at the same time as Jackie and Sammo. If you read Jackies book "my life in action" there are some early pics of them all.

He has been in many movies with Jackie and Sammo Hung - as well as his own. An absolutely awesome action 'star' - amazing acrobatics and agility!

david

Tae Li
03-03-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
This is why he is the king of action movies.. Jet Li can go rub himself.

nasty pic, wonder what happend?

Hey!! Hey!!!

we all feel for Jacki, but keep your unneccesary comments in your head!!! k??:eek:

Tae Li;)