PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Jwt

Water Dragon
02-28-2002, 12:14 PM
I'm seriously considering moving down to the Austin/San Antonio area. Do you know of any good websites where I can check out some of the following things:

1. Feel for the City? culture, etc.
2. homes and neighborhoods
3. Schools
4. Top Firms/Financial Institutions
5. Other interesting things.

If you know of anyone looking for a Financial Analyst, let me know. I have 3 years broad market experience, with 1 1/2 years data processing/ analytical reporting experience. Oh yeah, a little sales experience w/ mutual funds but not too much.

Thanks

** KFO networking :D

ewallace
02-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Let me know if you need info on SA.

http://www.austin360.com/

http://www.sa360.com/

JWTAYLOR
02-28-2002, 04:43 PM
Austin360 is a pretty good start, but you can't know a place without visiting it.

Come on down and I'll show you the town. And you can meet some more of the Austin KFO gang. A good time to be had by all. As far as a job in finance, I can't think of anything right of the bat, but I'll check out the job postings in the Governor's Job Bank and post back about it later.

Oh, wait, I know Dell is looking for people in debt colection, which is nothing really close to finance, but...

JWT

halfling
02-28-2002, 06:03 PM
www.austincitysearch.com is pretty good too. just type austin, tx into search functions and youll prolly get alot. what kind of schools are you interested in? high school, college, continuing ed.?

GGL
02-28-2002, 06:03 PM
In the Austin area you can check out

Austin American Statesman Classifieds at

http://www.austinclassifieds.com/

That may give a little feel for the general finance market here

Good Luck

Greg

fightfan
02-28-2002, 07:24 PM
Schools-

Austin:
Team Vandry- www.austinbjj.com/index2.html
Gracie BJJ- www.austinjj.com

San Antonio:
Alliance BJJ- www.pabjj.com

If you want to check out a good website for Texas MMA check out
www.txmma.com

Good luck & train hard!

Water Dragon
03-01-2002, 07:28 AM
Thanks guys. This will help a lot.

JWTAYLOR
03-01-2002, 07:44 AM
If you are interested in BJJ, I would reccommend the Vandry school. It's a Machado school and has quality instruction.

JWT

Water Dragon
03-01-2002, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I'll have to check that out. Of course, John Wang is in Austin so you know that will be my first stop.

GGL
03-01-2002, 08:00 AM
Check out Dave Pickens for Shuai Chiao

JWTAYLOR
03-01-2002, 08:30 AM
If you are interested, at all, in Shuai Jiow, I would, without reservation, reccomend John Wang. Great instructor, good students. Some of his guys have a bit of an attitude, but you'll definately learn something. They're just a hella drive for me.

JWT

Water Dragon
03-01-2002, 09:56 AM
What is the San Antonio/Austin corridor? Is it like a big sprawling suburb?

JWTAYLOR
03-01-2002, 11:26 AM
No, it's Interstate 35.

There are allot of people who, because Austin home prices are so high, choose to live in San Antonio and work in Austin. The drive is about an hour to an hour and a half, depending on where you are going in San Antonio.

There are several towns inbetween, namely San Marcos, New Braunsfels, Universal City, Buda, and some others.

Not too many suburbs and a fast straight drive.

JWT

ewallace
03-01-2002, 11:45 AM
What part of Austin is that Shuai Jiow school you mentioned?

JWTAYLOR
03-01-2002, 12:46 PM
So far north from me I consider it Dallas.
JWT