PDA

View Full Version : How to find a kung fu school?

Lode Runner
02-28-2002, 12:27 PM
Are there any good resources out there for finding a school near you that teaches kung fu style X? Even if I'd settle for ANY style of kungfu, I can only find a couple choices in my area. OTOH, if you're interested in a JMA all you have to do is open up the yellow pages and you're bombarded with options.

I've heard people use the term "garage class" before and I wouldn't be averse to doing this (as long as the credentials check out), but I haven't the faintest idea how I'd go about finding them.

Are there any websites or other resources that I'm neglecting? Does anyone know of any kung fu schools (besides wah lum) in the Melbourne/Palm Bay, FL area? I'm most interested in the southern and/or internal styles (Xingyi, Ba Gua, Wing Chun, etc.)

Kristoffer
02-28-2002, 12:31 PM
go look

Lode Runner
02-28-2002, 12:37 PM
Where?

PHILBERT
02-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Try Budoseek.net, they have some schools listed. Along with martialinfo.com. Look in the phone book, see what schools are listed. If there are places in the area that sell supplies for martial arts (books, movies, gear, clothes, weapons, etc), then go there and ask them. Thats how I found the Wing Chun place I started at. They weren't listed in any phone book, and I checked 3. I found only like 6 Kung Fu schools, one of which is questionable and the other are like way out of my way. So I went to a martial arts shop, asked and they told me.

EARTH DRAGON
02-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Yellowpages.com is all you will ever need. but go check out a class when you find a school and ask questions and ask for a free class.