PDA

View Full Version : question for Jaguar Wong

Yung Apprentice
02-28-2002, 07:18 PM
Actually this question goes out to any one in the Las Vegas area, including Tigerstyle, yungwun etc. I'm interested in the Hsing-Yi school. I'm going to be visiting them, (I already did, but they were closed) then I'll make my desicion. But I was wondering, what have you heard about them or by reputation, or seen firsthand waht was your impression. Have you seen them at tournaments, if so how did they do? Were they good? Thank you!:)

Tigerstyle
03-01-2002, 10:32 AM
This is mostly just to move this to the top, because I have very little info to offer. Which Hsing I school are you talking about?

Yung Apprentice
03-01-2002, 12:54 PM
It's on Nellis right before Washington, the sifu there is Dale Shinenaga. It's in the yellow pages. I was just wondering about peoples opinion on them from what they have seen. What schools out here usually have a good reputations for producing good fighters? Are there any local tournaments coming up soon that I can go watch?Is there another Hsing-Yi school here that you know of? Thank you.

Tigerstyle
03-01-2002, 01:54 PM
Sorry, I don't know of any Hsing I schools. Nellis and Washington is like the other side of the world. I would say to visit the school when you get a chance and let the people here at KFO know what it was like. I'm sure they can be of some help to you then (except Merryprankster. Who wants to learn anything from some thug that wrassles?).

I can recommend some good BJJ schools if you're interested ;) .

Yung Apprentice
03-01-2002, 02:28 PM
Yeah, it's a little out of the way for me to. But If it's a good school, I'm willing to take the trip. Plus my sister and her fiance live in that part of town, so I can go visit them after or before training. ANd he wants to get into training in Kung Fu too, so if it is a good school it will be conveinent for him. I' ve heard good things about the sifu there, but I don't know if they were talking about he himself as a martial artist or as a teacher. I once had a great martial artist who was a bad teacher! So I just wanted to know what anyone has heard about the students he produces. Do you happen to know about any tournaments that may be up and coming?

Yung Apprentice
03-03-2002, 05:29 PM
Just bringing it back up to the top.