PDA

View Full Version : For Rogue-Hakko-Ryu/Chat

Black Jack
03-01-2002, 10:39 AM
I thought you might enjoy this forum as I remeber us talking about how you studied and really enjoyed hakko-ryu jujutsu.

Maybe through this forum you can find some players in your area as I know it is not a wide practiced ryu.

http://pub16.ezboard.com/fsamuraibujutsuhakkoryujujutsu

Enjoy

rogue
03-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Thanks Black Jack, I'll check it out tonight.

Black Jack
03-01-2002, 04:10 PM
No problem man.

Here is another one that you might really enjoy.

www.hakkoryu.com

Its got good information on background, technique, contacts and so forth.

Lets just say its payback for that call yawara manuel from the 40's, one thing about hakko-ryu though, does it include atemi or just throws/manipulations?

This Saturday I am going to go see a old school Danzan-Ryu club with a buddy of mine, go to watch a little of there randori, maybe get my ass thrown around a little.

Peace.

rogue
03-02-2002, 04:52 PM
We had a lot of atemi as well as locks and throws. My sensei started us out with techniques that he found to have a high percentage of success in the real world, he was a bouncer & bodyguard and got to see waitress's that he trained use their skills. The point of that last twisted sentence was that we weren't always taught the usual techniques at the lower belts, but by the time you hit the intermediate level you were back into traditional JJ. He felt that most people started coming to class to learn self defense and not JJ, so he gave them excellent material that was easy to learn, easy to remember and worked. If they stuck around 6 months then they started getting more JJ but still with self defense being paramont.