PDA

View Full Version : Personal Attacks

Peter Aarts
03-01-2002, 10:06 AM
When you read the thread " Bju jee" down to the last post, you´ll see an increasing level of hostality. It´s interesting to see this develop in just an exchange of information on a forum, where everybody should be free to express his feelings, without insulting anybody in particular. Some people react like machines, and attack every argument that doesn´t fit in their way of believing their MA should be. As this is a symptome of the diversity of the several wingchun branches, we always should keep in our minds, that we are in fact a big family. A family with maybe some different points of view, but that doesn´t hurt, does it??

Kuen
03-01-2002, 10:17 AM
I can't remember the exact quotes but aren't there sayings that run along these lines:

*No one hates like brothers who hate each other.

*Those with the least differences are often more bitter enemies than those who are totally alien.

However, what it really comes down to-
Some wear red hats and some green. :)

hunt1
03-01-2002, 10:43 AM
This is the best forum I have found for exchanging WC information lets keep it that way.The personal attacks are getting old.If someone baits you you dont have to accept it.Some good info is getting missed.Others are not posting because they dont want to get involved.We all lose when things break down.Please restrain yourselves.

Thank You
Hunt1

Rolling_Hand
03-01-2002, 10:58 AM
Look upon your friends as a team of horses. A tight rein keeps them focused; a loose grip allows them to gallop off in different direction. In other words, we want different input and new ideas!!!

Sihing73
03-01-2002, 11:05 AM
Hello Rolling_Hand,

Fresh input and different ideas are always welcome. In some instances a fresh perspective can make something already known even clearer. However, input which does not edify is worthless and will often result in the tearing down of progress already made. In some cases it is better to stay with the original course rather than be diverted.

Peace,

Dave

Peter Aarts
03-01-2002, 11:12 AM
In other words, we want different input and new ideas!!!
But can we handle those new ideas even when they are in contradiction with our own fixed ideas about the MA we practise. Be open minded towards different views appears to be more difficult than we thought beforehand. Even more when one has a sifu who sticks to his arguments like a raging machine!!

anerlich
03-01-2002, 02:53 PM
Peter Aarts,

you make some good arguments, but you spoil it by your continuing references to "machines", which as you well know are a central point of the mudslinging (by Botha, etc.) on the thread you complain about.

I'd leave that out lest people think you are being less than honest and too clever by half.

vingtsunstudent
03-01-2002, 03:53 PM
When you read the thread " Bju jee" down to the last post, you´ll see an increasing level of hostality. It´s interesting to see this develop in just an exchange of information on a forum, where everybody should be free to express his feelings, without insulting anybody in particular. Some people react like machines, and attack every argument that doesn´t fit in their way of believing their MA should be.

excuse me but it was you who first mocked my sifu & actually offered no response to the technique in question.
you exchanged no information only insults & innuendos.
vts

Rolling_Hand
03-01-2002, 05:03 PM
When I see a fish, I know it can swim.
When I see a bird, I know it can fly.
When I see Yim Wing Chun, I know this girl is mine.
When I see Sihing73, I know he's after his babe ( ? ).

( ? ) can't control people's reactions. They must respond in the way they feel. Besides, who's to say they won't change their minds?

Sihing73
03-01-2002, 05:10 PM
Hello Rolling Hand,

Actually there are several birds which can not fly;
pengiun, ostrich to name a few. As to being after the "babe" Wing Chun I already caught her long ago and we have been living happily after for many years now :p

We live quite contentedly with my wife and six children. :p

Peace,

Dave
BTW: I am trying to eat more healthy now that I am getting older. I guess I have to cut bakc on the hamburgers and fries. Although I did just order a stromobli :rolleyes:

Sharky
03-01-2002, 05:18 PM
Consider contraception.

Sihing73
03-01-2002, 06:02 PM
Hi Sharky,

This was with contraception; I guess my Jing is too strong :D

Seriously, I believe we have stopped...............at least for the moment :cool:

Peace,

Dave

Oh, forgot to mention the three Rotties too :p

man in blue
03-01-2002, 06:49 PM
This one is for Peter Aarts from Eindhoven, the Netherlands.

Currently I live in Phoenix, AZ but I'm from Eindhoven.
Peter, do you teach in Eindhoven?

rgds

Ben

Peter Aarts
03-02-2002, 11:00 AM
I´ve a school in Helmond, near Eindhoven (10 km). And I´m about to start one in Eindhoven. Within a few weeks this should be realized.

Rolling_Hand
03-04-2002, 11:51 AM
Sihing73,

If her face itches, you've got it!!!
A romantic infatuation could spell trouble. But don't resist the responsibility that comes with it - you're not the only one who has eyes on her!

man in blue
03-09-2002, 05:33 PM
Hi Peter-

If things go well I'll be in Eindhoven this summer for vacation. Perhaps we can meet and exchange some Wing Chun . . .
If you are interested, please give the address your school in Eindhoven or Helmond or another way to get in contact.

rgds

Man in Blue

Peter Aarts
03-10-2002, 03:19 AM
Hi,

If you could open your private mail box, I can send you my telephone number. Just call when you are in Holland. I´d like to meet you.

Peter.