PDA

View Full Version : Baji/Piqua

count
03-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Seems to be a lot of interest on these styles lately so I wanted to remind everyone interested of this upcoming workshop.

Title: Baji and Pikua: An Introduction to basic skills in two rare and powerful Northern Chinese martial arts!

Brief description: In this hands-on workshop, Sifu Jason Tsou will provide an intensive overview to two rare and combat effective Northern Chinese martial arts. Sifu Tsou will discuss the origins of Baji and Pikua, the reasons for combining both styles in training and combat, different types of power in these styles, and power issuing. The benefits from training in Baji and Pikua for sports will also be discussed. As part of this workshop, Sifu Tsou will also highlight internal training of both styles and teach us some of the basic skills in these styles.

Date/Time/Place: March 15-16, 8:30am - 4:30pm, Alhambra Room, 3rd floor, University Student Union, CSLA.

Fees: $75 per day or $150 for two days for non-CKI members; $60 per day/$125 for two days for members.

For further information please contact
Mr. Art Schonfeld at (818) 753-3200

count
03-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Also, just to clerify, The Long Pole and Spear is being taught as a regular class, at least for the next year or two. It is a great system passed down from Li Shu Wen. Baji is not required for this although it would be helpful. This will add power to whatever system you study.

count
03-12-2002, 06:50 AM
ttt for Saturday:)

Justa Man
03-12-2002, 10:49 AM
hey count,
was that jason tsou in the pictures in the inside kung fu article? my friend wants to know, so i thought i'd ask you. YOU should have been photographed! :)

count
03-12-2002, 11:03 AM
That was a fellow student named Jim. Here is a picture of Jason. (http://chikungintl.com/chikungintl.com/images/jasonheadshot.jpg)

Maybe if we do an article on bagua, I will be in it. Jim is also in the new issue, in an article on piqua, if you haven't seen it.