PDA

View Full Version : New J-Lo movie

PHILBERT
03-01-2002, 07:11 PM
I saw this over at E-Budo.com. Sounds stupid.

http://204.95.207.136/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=88770#post88770

http://www.spe.sony.com/movies/enough/

KungFuGuy!
03-01-2002, 07:34 PM
Someone's gotta do something about the whole "take taebo/kickboxing and kick everyone's butt!" mindset in this continent. It's just getting stupid. I had a conversation with a friend who has 2 years experience in karate/judu, and he was completely convinced that if you learn tae bo from video tapes for a long time then it can be a powerful martial art. He didn't base this on any experience or knowledge, it was just something he "knew". What can you say to that? One of us should get rich and launch a huge education campaign called "TAE BO SUX".

jon
03-01-2002, 08:06 PM
"it was just something he "knew". What can you say to that?"
* To quote a much respected friend of mine and a professional comic Akaml Saleh who said this whilst harping on Arab terrorists.
"You cant argue with someone who has already made up there mind!"

Your friend is proberly right!
After a few years of Tae Bo you 'should' be in good shape and able to fight a little better just due to that.

Im still working on my 'flashdance fist' which will be released to the market soon.
Be prepared!

KungFuGuy!
03-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Taebo doesn't instruct you to put power into your techniques, so for that reason alone it can never be considered a combat art. Besides, that wasn't his point, he thinks that taebo offers "deadly techniques like kungfu" to put it in his words.

jon
03-01-2002, 09:19 PM
"Besides, that wasn't his point, he thinks that taebo offers "deadly techniques like kungfu" to put it in his words."
* Just agree with him and then laugh behind his back, its slack but its been done for years:D

JasBourne
03-02-2002, 08:01 AM
I'm personally worried about the number of women who believe they can defend themselves because of this Tae Bo stuff.

I try to tell them, this is great cardio, do it for that, but you are NOT learning fighting skill, they don't listen. A while back there was a bunch of us hanging out in the break room, this one chica is all puffed up about her Tae Bo 'defense' skills, I just couldn't help it, I called her on it.

I told her to show me how she would stop an attacker, and as I stepped towards her she telegraphs her round kick really loud, I almost laughed it was so obvious. I just stepped inside her kick and with a couple of fingers on her sternum PUSHED HER OVER. Her balance sucked, her control sucked, her timing sucked, and she was absolutely not prepared to be touched in any way. It really surprised the heck out of her, I guess she thought I was going to stand still and let her kick me or something.

As if. :D

Sharky
03-02-2002, 10:02 AM
I bet they all hate you now.

JasBourne
03-02-2002, 10:12 AM
hehehehe probably. But if they do, they're being pretty quiet about it, since I outrank the lot of 'em :D

Felipe Bido
03-02-2002, 10:33 AM
Go Jas!!!! :D

rogue
03-02-2002, 05:26 PM
But we are talking J-Lo here!!! :eek:

Sharky
03-02-2002, 06:24 PM
Jesus christ she looks butters in that pic - although watch the ain't it funny video - uNF!

Sam Wiley
03-02-2002, 07:07 PM
Sounds like a "straight to Lifetime" movie to me. Actually, sounds like a rip-off of a Lifetime movie. The video's okay, but I think she could do a lot more with her voice than she does. She needs to give up that Elvis-wanna-be near-Karate poseur crap, though. She should dance as beautifully as she looks.

ewallace
03-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Actually Mrs. LOnicePbuttEZ has been training in Krav Maga for a little while.

Sharky
03-02-2002, 09:53 PM
She is also the only girl i have ever seen that looks good if not better with a fringe.

PHILBERT
03-02-2002, 10:19 PM
I think she is butt ugly.

Sharky
03-02-2002, 10:34 PM
*Chuckles*

Heh, good one.

PHILBERT
03-02-2002, 10:45 PM
I dont know if that was sarcasm or directed at me or what, but seriously, I think she is freaking ugly as a deformed dogs genitals.

Sharky
03-03-2002, 07:07 AM
You must be some kind of crazed loony Gaylord then man.

guohuen
03-03-2002, 07:18 AM
Hey! The dog genitals just called. There ****ed.

GreyMystik
03-03-2002, 11:50 AM
i don't think she's butt ugly but i think she's VASTLY overrated. she's cute, and yeah she has a nice body, but she doesn't stand out THAT much to me. certainly not for the inordinate amount of press and attention she receives.

PHILBERT
03-03-2002, 06:31 PM
I aint gay or anything, I think girls are hot and all. I just don't like her. My best friend think's Sarah Michelle Gellar, who I think is hot, he thinks she looks like a dead rotting corpse and can't stand the site of her. It's all opinion. You might find Girl A to be ugly and I might find Girl A to be hot.

fa_jing
03-20-2002, 11:09 AM
Yeah, she's got kinda an average face, especially if they don't catch her at the right angle. She's a beautiful girl in an average or normal kind of way. Then again, I bet a lot of models don't look so hot without all the makeup and lighting. Now, the body, that's something to write home about.

-FJ

Budokan
03-21-2002, 08:21 AM
Tick...tick...tick...

Hear that? It's J-Lo's 15 minutes of fame coming to an end.

fa_jing
03-21-2002, 12:13 PM
Now Shakira, she really rocks. Musically she is a great artist, although she comes across better in Spanish. J-Lo is simply the "latina du jour," and I think only an american-born actress could displace her from her niche. Her timing was great, I think it'll be a few years more on top of the game, even if she is talent-challenged . ;)

ewallace
03-21-2002, 12:56 PM
I'd get both of them pregnant.