PDA

View Full Version : Any taichi form clips?

dubj
03-01-2002, 10:26 PM
Does any ony have video clips of some forms or techniques of the different tai chi styles. Mainly I am looking to see Yang the two Wu styles and Sun style. If there are any others not mentioned I would like to see them as well. I am curious about what they look like, especially wu, and the differences. I also want to see if any of them look similar to what I am studying. My teacher calls what we to tai chi but he says that the style originates in tibet. Before I get flamed for this, I do not know any details of that origen. I really am not sure if my teacher does either because he doesn't seem too concerned with the arts history. I know our system is pretty big but I don't know a whole lot about it. I haven't had the chance to have a conversation with my tacher about the history or how many long forms and weapons there are or any thing real high level. I do know that the style is originally from china and came here from indonesia. The grandmaster who brought the system here was named Willem Reeders. He learned from many masters of gung fu and silat but mainly from his great uncle Liu Leong Seong or possibly leong liu seong, I am not sure of his name. He was supposedly of royal blood and was a shaolin priest. I would like to learn more about him and master Reeders other than what I can find on a search engine. Can anyone help?

Stranger
03-01-2002, 10:35 PM
There are two Chen Tai Chi Chuan video clips at www.hsing-i.com

taijiquan_student
03-03-2002, 05:05 PM
There are clips of Yang Taiji (two barehand, two sword) at grtc.org (http://www.grtc.org/video/)

Sam Wiley
03-03-2002, 06:48 PM
Braden posted links to some pretty good clips on the main section of this forum. One is Sun Jianyun demonstrating some of the Sun style, and the other is Feng Ziqiang and some others practicing basic Double Push Hands.

dre_doggX
03-04-2002, 12:08 PM
www.carbonecho.com

and I came back with more