PDA

View Full Version : choy lay fut che kuen names

RAIN
03-01-2002, 11:00 PM
anybody can tell me the chinese names of some movements of che kuen form ?

1 - the cross arms in the salute after seung chum kiu .

2 - the first trapping defense in diu ma before gwa choy - cheong ahn choy .

3 - the long arms palms attack in ding ji ma after nau ma chun la .

4 - the butterfly palms .

5 - the double palms ( block and strike ) after butterfly palms .

GOLDEN ARMOR
03-02-2002, 02:52 AM
I do the 5 Wheel Fist from the Chan Family so i dont know if the moves will be the same & my memory's not to good.

1. I can't remember this name is this the one protecting ur head.

2. I think this is Lau Kiu

3. Double Teut Jeung- again im not sure about this, we do a grab & break with chin see ma then explode into horse, cross arms at chest then explode the palms spreading them out.

4. Dip Jeung- Butterfly palms for grasping

5. Gong Jeung- after butterfly palms

CLFNole
03-02-2002, 09:38 AM
Actually in the form he is talking about from the Lee Koon Hung lineage.

1. Cross Arms is Gum Jean

2. Is not a trapping defense it is just a beginning position. Lee Koon Hung would say di yat bo dew ma or 1st stance cat stance and then jui yow gwa choy step right hanging punch, etc...

3. Gong Juerng (LKH lineage uses name gong ma instead of ding gi ma)

4.Some call it Wu Dip Jeurng and others Sheung Kwun Sow. To me shenung kwun sow is more correct because the technique is a block break and not a palm attack until later when it becomes kong jeurng or double throw palm.

5. Kong jeurng

Rain: its nice to know you are trying to learn the LKH lineage from videos and books, however you should know that the Che Kuen book is not the true form but rather a short one used at the Hong Kong University.

Golden Armor: the form he is talking about is what you would call Ng Lun Choy in the Chan Family.
Peace.

premier
03-02-2002, 11:24 AM
CLFnole.

Sorry about butting in, but isn't 5 wheel fist Ng lung choy? =)

I do the 5 Wheel Fist from the Chan Family so i dont know if the moves will be the same & my memory's not to good.

premier

CLFNole
03-02-2002, 12:27 PM
Oh yeah I though I read Ng Lun Ma. In any event I would guess that the Chan Family version is slightly different from the Lee Koon Hung version referred to as Che Kuen.

Peace.

premier
03-02-2002, 01:03 PM
Yeah. No doubt. It would be great to compare the forms, but unfortunately us CLF people aren't that keen on letting out videos of the whole form on the internet. I still haven't seen ANYTHING from your branch. I know we're just as secretive, but at least we have some video clips =)

premier

RAIN
03-02-2002, 10:01 PM
clf nole

thank you for be there always . you don't imagine how i am learning you linaje . little by little i am learning a lot . these can't be possible if people like you don't help me like the way you do . thank you , brother , really .

premier

i have the book of lee koon hung from che kuen form and the video of doc fai wong of ng lum choy . and i can say both forms have a lot of similitudes but i think the one from lee koon hung is more dynamic and faster . the doc fai wong is aldo a great basic form but too much repetitive for my point of view .
but i like very much the kwa cup - biu jong part .

premier
03-03-2002, 08:49 AM
RAIN

Yeah. I have seen doc fai wong's ng lun ma in his book, and you're right about that there's a lot of repetition in the form. Chan family's Ng lun ma isn't the same form though. There's similarities like the Lau kiu, kwa choy, cheung ngan choy, loi yum tsop combination, but even that section is a bit different. There's also less repetition.

premier

americandesi75
03-03-2002, 08:24 PM
CLFNole-

Have you seen Tat Mau Wong's Che Kune form? Is It the same as LKH's? I'd imagine it would be, but sometimes forms change going from one generation to the next...

amdes

CLFNole
03-03-2002, 09:25 PM
No I have not. My guess is it would be the same, however he has changed some of the forms a bit over time himself. A lot of sifus after opening their own schools will add a bit of their own style to their ciriculums. I know he has a tape of this form but I don't think he teaches it in the school.

The form is a basic training form and as long as it covers most of the basics the form is good no matter whose version you follow.

Peace.