PDA

View Full Version : Lin Kong Jing.........

Colin
03-02-2002, 05:39 PM
I cannot believe that after nearly 30 years "COMBAT MAGAZINE" in the UK has finally printed an article 3 pages long by Richard Mooney.
The first section of the article contains a lovely colour picture, of a line of men falling backwards from the force of Master Mooneys hand 3 feet away!

After years of this mag slowly deteriorating, it has finally lost all credibility.

Imagine how stupid martials arts must look to a non martial artist who see this rubbish.

The editor ought to know better!

Colin.............

fungdoeduk
03-02-2002, 08:51 PM
Dillman does it to:

www.dillman.com/whatsnew.asp

Tape NTKO
No Touch Knockouts: demonstrated by George A. Dillman, 9th Dan, and DKI Black Belts. Contains 24 incredible knockouts -- no touch KO's and light touch KO's, filmed live at Dillman seminars. 60 minutes. $39.95

CrushingFist
03-02-2002, 11:23 PM
i don't know why they bother to publish that pig snot! Kung fu magazine just published an article on that lin kong jing trash, I'd rather read another article on bruce lee and JKD than "no hit KO monkey trash"

jon
03-03-2002, 05:03 AM
The thing i dont get is...
If you really COULD knock people over without touching them.
How would you stop yourself from only using the power to annoy?
I would just be out everyday in the city causing trouble with pedestrians and the like.
Not to mention those annoying guys on stilts i seem to see all the time:rolleyes:
Imagine...
I could walk though Central station at peak hour and not get bumped into!

I think they put stuff like this in magazines becouse the plain fact is... People read it!
I bet each one of you guys read the whole article. I know i would have if i got the magazine. It would have only been for comic value but heck thats kinda my favorite part.

yuanfen
03-03-2002, 07:24 AM
Just a matter of time before Dillman markets another fad.
And magazines have to have fillers to sell . They have to fill space,
stimulate attention, market, pick among stuff that is submitted and when out of ideas- publish yet another picture of Bruce Lee.
So pick and choose what you read and get good people to write.
Forget about Looney kong ging and reread PT Barnum's famous comment on suckers being born every minute.
So why worry about trash?

JasBourne
03-03-2002, 07:58 AM
We had a long and heated thread about the questionable judgement of media that publishes charlatans like Mooney and Dillman. Sadly, this forum's parent magazine has joined the ranks of the "anything for a buck" pandering-to-the-gullible McDojo mentality.

What really bothers me about Mooney is not only that he says he can drop a knife-wielding attacker, but that he claims he can heal people of cancer with this crap. He preys on the naive and the desperate.

:(

fungdoeduk
03-03-2002, 09:00 AM
Toate, striking at a distance

Extracted from the book:
Histoire de Karaté-dô
Written by Kenji Tokitsu
[Link to the Official Kenji Tokitsu website]
Editorial SEM, Paris.

Concerning Master Egami's karate, another matter arises: what are the breadth and possibilities within his Karate, a Karate that explores a new form of effectivity, taking a mystical direction?

We have seen that technically he attained such an effectivity that his students were projected without him touching them. The toate, or striking at a distance, means precisely a technique that lets you control your opponent without touching him. Master Egami said: "If somebody attacks me, as sick as I am, he will die."

Based upon testimony that I have gathered, Master Egami seems to have attained a particular ability even though he continually suffered sicknesses. People that have given me their testimonies are completely trustworthy.

If as a result of his search for tsuki effectivity in karate, Shigeru Egami obtained such an ability in his tsuki, I think this discovery is revolutionary. A tsuki is a technique that impacts the body of the opponent, transmitting a force from the point of impact.

The initial objective of Master Egami was to find out how to concentrate all the strength at the moment of impact. If he were able to project this energy from a distant position, without touching the body of the opponent, we must say that this is a tsuki of the highest level imaginable.

How effective is the toate technique? This is a question that does not have an answer today considering that Master Egami died.

The toate technique that is commonly shown in Shintaido demonstrations, who have expanded on Master Egami's practice ideas. (I would like to point out that Shigeru Egami's karate is practiced today by the Shotokai and Shintaido [New way of the body] groups). But I think what is seen today in Shintaido does not have the same characteristics as Master Egami's technique. If it is the same thing, then it is more a psychopathological phenomenon than a technique.

I will analyse the Shintaido toate phenomenon in the following way: during the training sessions exercise in some movements of relatively simple cadence. Submerge yourself within the repetition of these movements with a relaxed body, until you reach the level of exhaustion, then you end up feeling as if your body has become a seaweed on the sea floor, responding to the slightest water current. These exercises try to attain a provisional suppression of the voluntary body orders, perceptions and actions, freeing it to an invasion of the more archaic levels. It could be said that our conscious part is exhausted, and our more spontaneous part, closer to the emotional level, takes over. In this situation our intuitive perceptiveness and sensitivity is open to stimulus from others. If you exercise holding the hands of a partner you will be able to feel the smallest movement. If you continue to exercise you will be able to sense, through the subtle hand contact, the movements of your partner's will. The important feeling is one of fusion with the partner. when you feel with those that surround you, facing you, around you, the profound sensation of togetherness, your body reacts reflecting their smallest intentions. Seen from the outside you'll look as if in a trance and you could truly say that you are. Cultivating this sensation of interpersonal communication, energetic communication in this case, you will develop a special perceptivity that will let you to feel the presence of the other person, first his movements and then his intentions. In this interpersonal hypersensitive space, built upon mutual trust, a partner can dynamically respond to the intentions of the other. When two partners distance themselves a few meters, if one of them makes a movement with the thought of fusing with the other, making a voluntary and spontaneous extension of the spirit, the other person, hypersensitive, will react as if hit by an invisible energy and will be projected backwards. But contrary to the impression a spectator may have, the projected person will not feel the pain he/she would feel if truly hit by a blow. On the contrary, he/she will feel a strong satisfying sensation with the encounter and an important energetic fusion. In a way, he/she'll feel as if receiving a non-aggressive electrical discharge stimulating the central point of their being.

This experience will awaken different sensations than those we are accoustomed to. During this training a person can learn to liberate a level of vital energy that normally is controlled. When one is able to eliminate pressures through these exercises and experiences, the person can then experience a totally new sensation. Thus, these experiences can help those that suffer certain psychosomatic sicknesses and recuperate their health by circulating their energy in a better fashion and liberating different tensions. I have presented a summary of the my analysis of the toate process. Seen from the outside the situation seems as if a person is projected by a blow but we must understand it is not the same type of blow as the one received in a martial arts combat. The mental state is similar, but not the consequences because in a combat situation, the two opponents are in conflict, their fighting energy hurts and interfere one with the other, whereas in toate both partners are in harmony and search to unite the energy of one with the other. In a combat situation if one of the opponents were to be projected as violently as in toate, receiving an effective blow, he/she could risk being severely injured or even die. Whereas in toate the projected person will feel good after receiving, as the effect of a radical treatment of well-being.

I believe that the expression toate is badly chosen because the word means to hurt at a distance, as if the energy of the blow were thrown as a bullet shot. This is why serious trainees within the martial arts have wished to understand this phenomenon and understand the technique. Some propose the challenge, till this moment without an answer, of corroborating the validity of this technique.

Taking into account the sacrificed trajectory of Master Shigeru Egami life searching for an effective tsuki, if he had been able to discover this phenomenon in his youth, he would surely have been one of the first to try to prove its effectivity.

But the subject remains, are the toate practiced today in Shintaido, which I have just analysed, and Master Egami's toate the same? I believe they are not exactly the same. If Master Egami could do toate in free sparring situations, on an opponent that was trying to apply a real blow, this attainment would truly be the magnificent result of his research. It would be the true toate, a situation where the energy of one opponent is opposing, hurting and interfering with the energy of the other. In the history of the Japanese Martial Arts you can find similar testimonies on this type of aptitude.

The toate technique in Shintaido and certain currents of Shotokai is accesible to all through training. This helps establish a conditioning that helps the energetic communication between partners. On the other hand, Master Egami's toate seems to have been done without, and independent to all conditioning. We cannot verify it though, I will merely formulate a hypothesis. After many years of intense training in combat techniques, Master Egami acquired his toate ability. I ask myself if the key element in this technical transformation wasn't the closeness to death and the integration of death into his practice. He says "I have died once", he continued his research in karate with a particular closeness to death for more than 20 years of his life. Living on the border of life, could it be that he was able to surpass barriers that normally hinder our potential capabilities? Master Egami did not live close to death by his own will. Based on documentation, most of those that have developed strange or extraordinary abilities had practiced an asceticism that had taken them close to death.

This ascetic attitude is present in differing degrees in Japanese Martial Art practice. The ascetic practice is not an objective in itself, rather, it points to develop and deepen conscience, thus facilitating the understanding of natural and social phenomenon. Japanese martial arts tradition values this practice because it is associated with the Buddhist thought of deepening in self-knowledge directed towards opening a universal way. The acquisition of an important technical ability is considered the concrete sign of an advancement along this way and a development of the personality. Therefore the search for effectivity is followed spontaneously with an ethic. Here we encounter the dialectic Japanese thinking related to body and spirit: deepening in the quality and technical capacity through the body, we can heighten our spiritual level simultaneously. But the training of the spirit goes through the body.

I leave the questions open with respect to Master Egami's toate.

Translated to english by Mogens Gallardo, originally to spanish by Xavier Mínguez, Shotokai de España

http://www.tokitsu.com/

and here too:

http://www.innerpowercourse.com/

PS

I heard he did a great job and had a fine seminar series in NYC this past weekend. He does pretty good for a fake. As for his healing skills, I have never ever seen him write anything about him being able to cure cancer.

fungdoeduk
03-03-2002, 10:10 AM
http://www.johncole.com/html/qigongframe.html

http://www.dryqwong.com/kungfu/photos.shtml

http://www.yichuankungfu.com/

http://www.angelfire.com/ms/streetsmart/page4.html

These guys are raking in some big bux huh?

I also heard that Mooney did such a great job in NYC, that he has an offer to go to the UAE on a first class flight
to teach over there.

As far as him curing cancer. I never saw anywhere in any webpage that holds his writings, that he said anywhere that he could treat or cure cancer.

:D

Repulsive Monkey
03-03-2002, 11:31 AM
out of interest how long have you all studied Lin Kong Jing to come to the conclusion that it doesn't work? I take it that you rpresent styles of Martial Art are satisfactory to yourselves because you train hard and long in them?

CrushingFist
03-03-2002, 12:20 PM
becuase it's a fake! it's so obvious, otherwise everyone would be givin this guy mad respect. It's total BS, don't tell your going to now tell us that unless we've studied it than we can't even say anything about it. just think with reason, u think this guy can project enough qi 3 feet away to knock over a line of ppl? it's BS!
FURTHERMORE, there is no NEED to study it, because it is against our styles theories, therefore, we have concluded it doesn't work because it's against the theory of our styles, and just about everyone else out there.

BTW guys, i did read the entire article, outloud, me and some friends had a few good laughs. It's funny that they publish this stuff, for educated in the MA ppl, it's just a joke, but some ppl who are really new to MA totally believe that stuff..and THATS why it bothers me.

THe best part is when a guy comes punch in one picture, and the next picture he's down on the ground! when i first saw the article i was like WTF? they didn't even show the tecnique, and then i read the article and realized why.

fungdoeduk
03-03-2002, 01:26 PM
Seems he is very popular, and you are not. He is not the only one out there doing this.

Bwaaahahahahahahahahahaha

lemme say that again:

Bwaaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Water Dragon
03-03-2002, 02:11 PM
Now that's one heckuva an endorsement! Where can I find some sicko who likes posting pics of dead, mutilated children to be my groupie?

CrushingFist
03-03-2002, 02:12 PM
well, maybe i'll just copy him, teach that pig $hit for a few years in a park or something, and then open a REAL kwoon. hahahaha

RickMatz
03-03-2002, 08:19 PM
http://www.uechi-ryu.com/an_empty_force.htm

The article details a scientific controlled experiment.

Also, about Mooney's claim that this nonsense came from YiQuan - a post from one of the YiQuan discussion boards:

=========
in fact, yu yongnian was only a health student of WXZ, but I
would like to add that in his book he discusses chi power and
kong jing, and says HIMSELF that it is only a matter of hypnotism
and suggestion, a fraud, not a paranormal power(he also refers to
James Landi and his test to unmask swindlers)...

Furthermore, Yu explains in details the differences between zhan
zhuang in YIQUAN and in QIGONG, saying that Zhan zhuang in Yiquan
cannot be assimilated to a "static qigong" : WXZ never accepted
to assimilate zhan zhuang and static QiGong...

Anyway, that is not because some guys said they have studied
under someone that they are representative of his teaching.
=======
Best Regards,

Rick Matz

JasBourne
03-04-2002, 08:14 AM
fongdoeduk is Rich Mooney. He's trolling for suckers again. The website says nothing about cancer anymore, because it's been re-vamped since we here at KFO ripped him up last time he came on the forum selling snakeoil. Do a search here for Mooney - he shows up every month or so to get his free publicity, and we keep booing him off stage. For some weird reason, he keeps thinking forum members have Alzheimers and won't remember him or his tactics.

Colin
03-04-2002, 08:14 AM
Dear Monkey,
I do hope you are not seriously defending this charlatan.
You, I assume are a grown up, and therefore don't believe in Santa Claus, yet you ask my experience of these technique.

I totally agree with crushing fist, in that I have spent no time whatsoever studying this as it is FAKE, and instead have spent my valuable time attempting to gain an understanding of martial arts, not levitation, disappearing in a cloud of smoke or any other stage show trick!

The reason I even posted this is because innocents might believe this garbage, and hand over their hard earned cash to this gentleman.

Jon, I like your idea!
Wouldn't it be fun to walk along the street making people fall over as you go past them.

My God people, if these claims were true do you not think that the US Government/Military would employ him as an assasin.
Sh1t, he could take out BinLaden whlie he's having a cr@p.

I am now going to leave the realms of fantasy and return to planet earth!

regards
Colin...............

fungdoeduk
03-04-2002, 08:33 AM
Grandmaster mooney is legit. He gets to go all over the world and teach in many different places. These people have him back all the time.

Colin: you are wrong. Mooney IS legit. In fact he has been back and forth to your country about 6 times now. He has been published in jst about every majotr martial arts magazine in the UK, and also the US.

He is a martial arts GOD (Not wuite the GOD I AM, but close). His skills are excellent, and all I see is a bunch of jealous people:) :D:D:D

So what if I am a little bit off the deep end, and somewhat left of centre. No biggie!

I know talent when I see it, and Grandmaster Mooney is one of the most talented martial artists on the face of the earth.

You, Colin, have no idea about his training, and do not know the limitations. I myself have ordered and have trained in Grandmaster Mooney's methods, and I have to say that they do work. Not all the time, and not against all people, but they DO work.

At least I have a good opinion on the matter, unlike you and some other jealous types.

Dillman is doing it, jack Hoagna is doing it, many others in the DKI do it also, in their own way, after their won fashion. Grandmaster Mooney is a martial arts pioneer, and if people like you get your toes stepped on, while he is on the way
up to bigger and better things, then so be it:)

Rick Matz: you are also wrong. Grandmaster Mooney is in the lineage of Wang Xiang Zhai, and I am sure that if Wang were alive today, he would have only great things to say regards Grandmaster Richard Mooney. He would say that Mooney is a martial artist's martial artsist. I tend to agree.

JasBourne
03-04-2002, 09:03 AM
Rich, you failed miserably when tested under scientific conditions, and you now refuse to prove your "abilities" to anyone, including truly respected taiji practicioners willing to come to you. (http://www.kungfu4u.com/) You're a cowardly fake.

There is notning even remotely legitimate about you, but you are an excellent conman. You even conned the lazy editors of KFO into publishing your garbage as filler. You actually have the gall to claim you can disarm a knife attack without touching someone. Prove it, you dangerous fraud. Prove it publicly, in a scientific test. Oh, sorry, I forgot, you've been there and didn't do that.

Anyone who wants to know the truth needs only to do a search for "Mooney" right here on KFO. Your background is fake, your claims are fake, and your tactics are reprehensible. Oh, and there's something really twisted about you, Rich, what with those dead baby pics and all. You need head help.

:rolleyes:

fungdoeduk
03-04-2002, 09:38 AM
Who asked for your ****ing opinion?

Go **** yourself with your dogs ****

God**** mother ****ing worthless
****ing piece of ****

no good ****ing ****

dwid
03-04-2002, 09:59 AM
Wow, good call Jas, fungdoeduk has followed exactly the same strategic trajectory as all of Mooney's other aliases. Started out by pretending to be sincerely interested, and then responding to other people's BS defense with decreasing maturity. The dead baby pics aren't far off now. Jesus, I would think whoever Mooney studied with probably knew better than to teach him anything of any value, so maybe he fed him all this lin kong crap just to keep the checks coming and to keep Mooney from causing any harm... just let him insulate himself from reality in his jedi fantasy world.

GreyMystik
03-04-2002, 10:19 AM
check out the big bull$hit-seeking ammo on Jas :D
u knew right where to hit him, as evidenced by his reaction ;)

keep up the good work

Fu-Pow
03-04-2002, 05:32 PM
What's funny to me is that I constantly get lambasted for downplaying the concept of "chi" as it applies to TCM and the internal arts. Yet when someone takes it to the next level and make even more ridiculous claims everyone jumps on him.

The problem is when we open the "subjectivity door" anyone and anything can come in through it. We need more objectivity and scientific thought in the martial arts, not just to debase quacks like mooney, but for other well established "masters."

jon
03-04-2002, 07:25 PM
Shoosh
People, dont you know if you speak ill of Mr Mooney he can kill you in your sleep from accross the globe!
Really im scared to death of him.

There is another weapon that can hurt someone from a distance and it requires much less training and effort.
Its called a GUN!!!

Seriously if wanna stuff people up at a distance thats the go.
If you want to learn actual martial arts where you cross hands i would surgest that 'empty force' is a pretty silly pass time.

The time spent training that could be spent on things of much more use and relevence.

Now im going to crawl into my Lin Kong Jing proof cubby house i have built and shake in fear of my life.
You should do the same Colin, he will be sending his power out after you for sure:eek:

jon
03-04-2002, 07:38 PM
"I myself have ordered and have trained in Grandmaster Mooney's methods, and I have to say that they do work. Not all the time, and not against all people, but they DO work."
* I could sit here all day and name techniques that will sometimes work.
Its 'possible' you 'could' perform a backflip split kick and knock two people out cold with it.
That doesnt make it an effective use of training time, for me i spend my time on power generation and body flow and connection.
When i want to test forces i do drills and spar.

When it comes to dealing with someone who is armed!
You can be VERY sure i will ONLY use movements which EXACTLY match what is going on.
The day i attempt to mysticaly knock out a knife wielding attacker with only my mind, will be the day i end up in the morge...

Then again if i was a fat stupid slob who wanted to believe i could fight without actualy having to DO anything at all...
I would be all over Mr Mooneys tapes like a fly on...

Nexus
03-04-2002, 07:44 PM
Although Mooney's claims might be completely false, he has posted videos on the internet for others to judge where most everyone else on this forum who is criticizing him has not. If you wan't to talk, put your money where your mouth is and put up a video to show people how it is really done. Otherwise you are just ****ing in the same pot you drink out of.

- Nexus

jon
03-04-2002, 08:55 PM
Nexus
Not one of us yet has posted that we believe we know how to use 'Lin Kong Jing' any better.

His publicly stating his abilitys and his posting of his clips online are what give us the right to speak on them.

What am i supposed to post?
Me doing a Bagua form and showing just long ive got to go in my training?
Im not saying i can knock people out from another room!

JasBourne
03-05-2002, 09:50 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/crouching_tiger_hidden_dragon/tr_sm.htm

Here is a clip of me and my friends, training in the backyard. We are utilizing the ancient art of Moo Vi Ma Jik, a force devoid of matter. It does not work for everyone, only the highly sensitive and well-connected. Scoffers are just jealous of our abilities. Who are they, anyway, their opinions are worthless. They do not know us, have never met us, they are nobodies.

We will be holding a Moo Vi Ma Jik seminar in your area soon. Come experience the deep mystic art of Moo Vi Ma Jik. Mention this post and get 10% off the admission price, already a low low $499 for a full hour of basking in the presence of me, the GrandMaster of Moo Vi Ma Jik!

Moo Vi Ma Jik is REAL. Millions of people around the world have seen this clip. Moo Vi Ma Jik has been written up in dozens of magazines and newspapers. You're just jealous and ignorant and spiteful and a nobody. Your criticism means nothing. You mean nothing. Nothing means nothing. We can't hear you. La la la la la la la la....

regards,
moomaster

Internal Boxer
03-06-2002, 06:14 AM
LOL

Good man Jasbourne. :D :D :D

Colin
03-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Jaz, Go girl!!!!!!
now that was funny! but no more rediculus than mad mooneys claims!

nexus. I wasn't even going to comment on your silly outburst, but what the hell.....

No i'm sorry I don't have any video of me practicing Lin kong jing, because it is FAKE!

I do have a pic some where of me standing in
SanTi. maybe i'll put that on my site for you to pick holes in, and i've got some video of me fighting in a tournament about 8 years ago, you can all laugh at my long hair! (now cut)
But i'm sorry i have no video of me flying, becoming invisible, levitating, or practicing lin Kong Jing.

How can a serious martial artist ( i assue that you are ) even consider that this rubbish is real.
It is a load of pathetic lies and deceit, created by charlatans to make money from innocent, gullible fools. Please do not tell me you are one of these!:rolleyes:

I'm now going to re-line my Lin kong jing shelter with an extra layer of Lead impregnated charcoal, as I know this will stop radiation and chemical weapons. I only hope it might protect me from mooneys mind control too!

Jon, the shelters big enough for two, if you get scared down there in OZ.

regards
Colin........

Kevin Wallbridge
03-06-2002, 03:56 PM
I haven't even bothered to read much of this thread, as those long expositions make my eyes hurt. Forgive me for adding more long exposition, I just wanted to say something about Lingkongjin.

Sadly this is another concept of Daoism that has been mangled by folk modeling, superstition and charlatansim.

Ling in modern usage is "clever, sharp or effective," but it also has the older meanings of "spirit, sprite or the remains of the deceased." The character itself is composed of three radicals. The uppermost is clouds, the middle is three raindrops, and the bottom is two dancing shamans. So we have a word associated with living and non-living spirits. As well, the character implies the forces of nature that are evoked when the shaman dances to bring the rain. In Daoist alchemy Ling is considered to be the force of life in the universe. It is what enables life; what animates us and inspires is to strive to reproduce.

Kong means empty or hollow. The character is composed of two radicals, a cave above and the work radical below. the word for work is Gong, so it may only provide a sound mnemonic. However, it also makes sense with cave if we consider that it is the emptiness of the cave that gives it useful function. This word for cave, Xue, is the same as the word for acupoint in Chinese Medicine.

Jin or Jing is "power, force or energy."

If we put this together we can the words Lingkongjin imply "the energy of primordial forces of life applied from a place of emptiness." Alternately it could be "the energy that arises when the striving of life is let go into emptiness."

Through incomplete transmission, secrecy, folk tales and popular fiction, as well the psychosomatic reactions of students when faced with powerful teachers, Lingkongjin has taken on the meaning of "distance energetic martial arts." I believe that this is a relatively recent idea (recent in Chinese martial arts terms) and distorts an important view of high level methodology.

"In the end it is all free," is the real implication of Lingkongjin to my mind. To be able to touch-in during a crisis without fear or anger or any kind of striving. Just an honest sensitivity to the actual forces at play and the ability to adapt within the moment of change as the forces interact. To touch with sensitivity that is possible only with a kind of primordial unprejudiced awareness, unburdened by plan or preconception.

RAF
03-06-2002, 04:28 PM
Hats off to Kevin Wallbridge.

Thats a great post and more of what we need in CMAs.

When are you going to write the book?

Water Dragon
03-06-2002, 07:18 PM
I agree with RAF, It's funny how all this stuff really does make sense when you hold on to your common sense.

vingtsunstudent
03-06-2002, 07:50 PM
hey mo' mooney mo' mooney
instead of giving yourself a rap
try giving yourself an uppercut(ONE USING ALL YOUR CHI WOULD BE MOST BENEFICIAL)

wow, you travel all over the world
so whens your book coming out
''mental institutions of the world & weirdos i have met''

how do you spell L-O-S-E-R in america

RICH MOONEY

people please
vts

EARTH DRAGON
03-06-2002, 08:05 PM
excellent post! I enjoy reading your posts for they seem to have substance and meaning and I do enjoy them.

I have experienced very high levels of medical qigong from my qigong teacher Yen Chu Feng. She has demonstrated things that I have not been able to grasp as of yet. I have been in martial arts for over 20 years so I am starting to learn a little about the chinese. She has been teaching me to project my chi for reasons of healing. There have been many ocassions that I have projected chi into others without their knowledge and they have felt it sometimes strongly sometimes subtly.

I have seen her move, shake, roll , bounce, and many other movements not normal to a sick or severly diseased person.

She has sent chi through my leg as I inserted a steel wire through my calf muscle ( picture can been seen on our website) and have been present many times as she has made people roll around the floor that have herniated and slipped disks.

I am in no way sticking up for mooney for I don not know him, however I have also seen first hand moving people with chi I just think that this sounds crazy to the untrained and perposterous to the non martial artist.

How do you explain that it is real without physically showing these people? I have a picture but it seems as though thats not good enough..... i have been doing medical jin gon tzu li gong for 6 years and have healed with it however when i try to explian it to laymen that laugh and say it cant be done.... HELP these guys understand

Kevin Wallbridge
03-08-2002, 12:45 AM
Thanks all. The book? Now there is a can of worms I am reluctant to open just yet.

Hi Earth Dragon, I hear you when you speak to the difficulty of explaining this stuff. I would make a clear distinction between Faqi (Qi emission) for healing and what people refer to as Lingkongjin. The act of facilitating healing is a co-operative relationship, but the adversarial nature of distance fighting takes us into another realm.

I first began training in Faqi 10 years ago in China. I got to feel and experience some pretty weird things, from many high level practitioners. However, I have never seen any evidence that it has any effect on an unwilling opponent. Even a skeptic who says "prove it" has opened themselves to a possibility, however reluctantly.

I read a statement by Dr Andrew Wiel when he addressed the UBC medical school. He said that bio-medicine often dismisses non-Western medical models as simply working on the placebo effect. What they fail to see, according to Dr Wiel, is that the placebo effect is the basis of healing. What difference does it make if the healing occurs due a planted idea, the force of life that blows through the universe, or from cosmic etherial beings that have come to Earth from the Pleides? It gets achieved.

I don't think that the effect of focused intent can be completely ignored or dismissed. Yet when I see "empty force" claims backed up with videos of students being spun around or other nonsense of the sort, I just think to myself, "well, I don't want to be vulnerable to that so I'd better not study that style." :p

TaiChiBob
03-08-2002, 05:51 AM
Greetings..

I don't know Mr. Mooney.. i don't trust pictures, or movies that make outlandish claims.. but, i do believe that knowledge is born of experience.. until i am party to the event, either witness or participant, it is just another concept.. Mr. Mooney may have some ability not immediately evident to me or you.. i just haven't been able to discern it for myself..

That being said, i have been party to events that most would, upon hearing of such, be skeptical.. i have been healed of a torn groin muscle the day after it occurred, mind you that there was a tennis ball sized knot that hurt so badly i could not finish the competitions.. Ms. Cui Lu Yi not only repaired it in a single 45 min. QiGong session, but.. the next day, she and and i and two others were hiking in the Olympic Mountains of Washington state. This same Lady, a few days later during Chen training, and upon my insistence, demonstrated true "Fajing".. though it's not "Magic", to the casual observer i'm sure they wondered why i sat down when she "touched" me.. heck, i'm not even clear on "why".. but, i'm certain of the result.. several other stories similar.. but, i want to share the one that convinced me..

in my mid 20s (mid 1970s) a close (but somewhat strange friend) gathered a group of us together and told us he needed to demonstrate our potential.. (we giggled, but obliged)..about 20 of us met at Terry's house.. he sent 6 of us out to buy plumbers candles (+/- 2 hour burn-time).. we each came back with sealed boxes from different locations.. Terry asked that we open them up and mix up the candles, then someone that hadn't gone to buy them, choose one.. he then asked that person to place the candle in a bowl with 2 inches water in it and place it on the floor at a location of our own choosing and light the candle.. Terry then sat about 12 feet away and began a simple appearing meditation.. within 2 minutes the candle's flame began to grow until it consumed the candle in less than 5 minutes.. Terry, was drenched in sweat and obviously drained.. he dismissed us by saying.. "it's only a scratch on the surface of our potential, choose to understand what you really are.."

I don't disclaim anyone's potential, i need only to experience it for myself before i support it.. Mr. Mooney may not be authentic, but.. i sense there is far more out there that most are willing to believe.. Anything is possible, according to the degree we believe it will occurr..

:) just more perspectives from the Far-side.. Be well..

Beginner
05-16-2007, 07:28 AM
When I was about 20 yrs old, I asked my sifu to teach me those magic empty force (LKJ) like from the drama series (Tianlong Ba Pu), so I don't have to train so much & can still KO ppl easily. He gave me a hard look & said in Mandarin " You better stop your day dream & train your kungfu properly else you go home & don't ever come back again. Only hard training will KO your opponents not magic. There is such a thing as Qi but to KO without touching is a fraud". I always remember his words till today.

What you guys experience above & in support is what I suspect is Black magic NOT Kungfu or it just an alien in human form creating havoc. OR it can be trickery ( like David copperfield's illuion)

YiLiQuan1
05-16-2007, 09:17 AM
What you guys experience above & in support is what I suspect is Black magic NOT Kungfu or it just an alien in human form creating havoc. OR it can be trickery ( like David copperfield's illuion)

You don't believe in Linkongjin, but you do believe in black magic and aliens in human form?

Wow. Selective objectivity, it seems...

woliveri
05-20-2007, 06:50 AM
TaiChiBob,

Maybe you don't remember or perhaps you weren't there (as we broke for lunch) but R.Mooney came to Cai SongFang's seminar in Orlando to show off his skills. He came to the seminar and showed Master Cai, then left.

After experiencing several high level masters over the last 15 to 20 years (only 3 or so fit in that category) I can say that WaiQi in this sense is definately true. But I've never seen anyone disarmed by such skills.