PDA

View Full Version : I Just got my Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut Book in the mail it is a great book

FIRE HAWK
03-02-2002, 10:04 PM
I just got this Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut book in the mail called Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu The Dynamic Art of Fighting it is a great book and is better than Doc Fai Wongs book.

americandesi75
03-03-2002, 08:28 PM
in what ways?

amdes

RAIN
03-04-2002, 07:59 AM
i don't see the book of master doc fai wong , but the one of grandmaster lee koon hung is really great .
is writing in a inteligent way and is a authentic A B C of choy lay fut . very recomendable for everybody , don't matter which style you make .

clf nole , if you read this , i got a technical question from the book :

in the chapter " SPECIAL EXERCICES " there is a two person drill and a footwork drill .
this drills was developed for the book or are exercices of the choy lay fut style ? i am ask this because the footwork is called " the mouse running and the snake sliding " . how is his chinese name ? joe tell me once that the sequence represent a revolutionary message .
the other ( the 2 man drill ) have some chinese name ?

FIRE HAWK
03-07-2002, 01:28 AM
The book covers stances punches kicking blocks parrying palm strikes footwork chi gung exercises pricipals and concepts two man drills and aplications all the basics that you need to start in Choy Lay Fut as a beginer but of course it is better to have a teacher or sifu in all it is a very good book.

TIger Hand
03-07-2002, 01:48 AM
RAIN-

Mouse running and snake sliding is not a footwork pattern in CLF as much as it is more of a chinese martial art term. Other styles use this term too.

I have a copy of the book also, and my only problem with it is the author doesn't seem to have a good command of the english language. Therefore some of the things he describe may come across "differently"