PDA

View Full Version : Cure for anafalactic type allergies?

harry_the_monk
03-03-2002, 01:14 AM
Hi there, just wondered if it is worth persuing a route to find out if this is possible.
Western medicine has come to the conclusion that my nut allergy which results in anafalactic shock ( if I have an attack I risk being re-born PDQ) has no cure except to get adrenaline into my system before it gets too bad. I was going to persue the path of seeing a Tibetan Doctor to see if he may have a cure, although as I am extremely hard up for cash would like to know if this is possible before spending all my savings on going down this route.

Any advice would be great, even if it is that there may not be a cure.

Peace.

harry_the_monk
03-04-2002, 01:03 AM
:)

Would there be any specific styles or would most chi-kung Masters know how to deal with this problem?

I realise that it may not be the answer, but I appreciate the option:)

Thankyou

greendragon
06-14-2002, 10:53 AM
try homeopathic remedies, they are great for curing allergies.

dfedorko@mindspring.com
06-18-2002, 06:39 AM
I do not know what anafalactic allergies are but I had/have allergies and still have them but under control. I do Qigong everyday and take Yin Chiao Chieh Tu Pien when needed. It costs $5.00/box and worth every penny to me.

harry_the_monk
06-22-2002, 06:04 PM
Anafalactic shock is onset by exposure to a substance that the body sees as a huge threat. This makes the immune system go into overdrive, rapidly causing effects which unless treated promptly have a good chance of leading to death in a reasonably short period of time.

Without an adrenaline jab if I am ever exposed to this substance I WILL die. My worry is if I go travelling around India or China etc., without an eppy pen(injection.). Should I just be accepting that its my fate or is there a more natural remedy.

If not its cool, just wondered thats all...

Serge Ouellette
11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Harry_the_monk,

Last night, I was looking for a website that explains 'anafalactic shock', and your thread came up. It may surprise you that I used to have "allergic-like" reactions to carrots, corn, wheat, and yeast; I now can eat all those without any reaction whatsoever. There's a website that specializes in helping those in midst of an anafalactic episode. They also get rid of those "sensitivities"; and resolve past unresolved emotional issues. Check out quantuntechniques.com (http://www.quantumtechniques.com/) First, download the two free manuals, then contact them, to go through some administrative stuff. Good luck!

Xiao3 Meng4
11-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Here's another option to look into:

http://www.naet.com/

GeneChing
11-04-2008, 10:14 AM
You should definitely explore complementary therapies, but don't mess around in China. I've assisted treating anaphylactic shock cases as a volunteer medic several times. Without epinephrine, all of those patients would have died within hours. You've got to pack your own meds because emergency response time in China is very slow.

I've been involved in two medical emergencies in China. One was a car crash on the way to Chen Village. It took over four hours to get everyone to medical attention. The other was a 20+ft fall off a wall on to cement at the Shaolin Wushuguan. It was over an hour before an ambulance came. When they came, it was just this old converted station wagon with a medical kit. In the kit, which was dirty with old blood, was an ace wrap, some non-sterile pads, and a huge glass bottle of morphine. That was it. If you went into anaphylactic shock in either of those situations without an EpiPen, you would not have lived to tell...

doug maverick
11-04-2008, 02:35 PM
In the kit, which was dirty with old blood,

growing up in a house where my mom has worked as a doctor in an aids clinic most of my life. that scares the crap out of me. i was actually thinking about going to to china but that scares me big time.

herb ox
11-04-2008, 02:43 PM
We haven't heard from Harry_the_monk for 6 years now... I hope he figured out a solution to his allergies.

Anaphylaxis has been curbed by one of my teachers with a very strong cup of Lipton tea - she swears by it and says it has saved her life after eating a seafood dinner which she became violently allergic to.

I'm with Gene, though, an EpiPen is the best way to go - if you have a bonifide condition, your physician will prescribe one for you...

cheers,

herb ox

GLW
11-04-2008, 05:00 PM
It dawned on me that undertakers probably like people who try to use home remedies for anaphalaxis....

GeneChing
11-04-2008, 05:30 PM
herb ox and I both do volunteer work with the Haight Ashbury Free Clinic. Nothing scarier than blood. It's the most frightening of human humors to be exposed to - especially since blood borne disease can get in if sprayed in your eyes. It's hard to stay clean in China because there's so many people. This is especially true in rural areas, like Shaolin used to be. But that shouldn't stop you from going to China. As long as you don't do anything stupid, like go whoring in the wrong 'hood, you can avoid stuff like AIDS. Of course, I was there during the SARS outbreak (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=468) and that was truly intense.

doug maverick
11-05-2008, 11:57 AM
yeah it probably wouldn't stop me. idk about whoring around in china thou. i've *****d around in Japan(gotta really be carefull there) and south korea and even singapore. but if i went to china it would be purly for martial arts purposes. and maybe go check out some of the movie studios.