PDA

View Full Version : CHUKA SHAOLIN PHOENIX EYE FIST HAND FORMS

FIRE HAWK
02-05-2001, 07:09 PM
CHUKA SHAOLIN PHOENIX EYE FIST HAND FORMS

KAI SAN CHIEN (OPENING THE MOUNTAIN)

ER SHIH SZE TIEN (TWENTY FOUR POINTS,NUMBER ONE)

ER SHIH SZE TIEN (TWENTY FOUR POINTS,NUMBER TWO)

HU CHAO CHIEN (TIGER CLAW,ASCENDING TIGER)

HU CHAO CHIEN (TIGER CLAW,DESCENDING TIGER)

LOONG HU CHIEN (DRAGON AND TIGER)

TA CHOONG KOONG (STAMPING INSIDE,THE PALACE BEING SURROUNDED)

MEI HUA CHIEN (PLUM BLOSSOM)

LIEN HUANG TUEI(CONTINUOUS KICKS)

TONG TZE PAI KWAN YIN(BOY PAYING RESPECTS TO THE GODDESS OF MERCY)

YIN YAN ER SIEN KU (TWO POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE HEAVENLY LADIES)

TA OOH LI (STRENGTH PERFORMANCE)

SHIH PA LOHAN CHIEN (EIGHTEEN HANDS OF THE LOHAN)

FOONG YEN TIN SUN CHIEN (PHOENIX EYE FIST GUARDING THE MOUNTAIN)

SHIH TA HSING HSIAN(TEN ANIMALS FIGHTING MOVEMENTS)

KUNG SOW TWEE CHAI (PREARRANGED SPARRING,SET ONE)

KUNG SOW TWEE CHAI (PREARRANGED SPARRING ,SET TWO)

Does anybody know anthing about these forms the people in the 2 PHOENIX EYE FIST books are Hakka.There is now a second PHOENIX EYE FIST CHUKA SHAOLIN book out by authors CHEONG CHENG LEONG and MARK V WILEY the 2 book list all the forms and talks about the history of this art they mention CHU GAR SOUTHERN MANTIS and FUKIEN WHITE CRANE as the 2 arts that CHUKA SHAOLIN PHOENIX EYE FIST might come from.

handsome
02-05-2001, 10:12 PM
Are they the same between Chu Gar Praying Mantis and Chuka Shaolin Kungfu? Chu Gar Tong Long was created by a Ming's Rayol family, a female named Chu Ah Nam. Who's the one created the Chuka Shaolin? Was Chuka Shaolin the origianl name for that style? In Hong Kong Sifu Dung Yi Lung is Chu Gar Tong Long Master and an actor named Law Mong is also a Chu Gar Tong Long fighter from Shaw Brother's Movies Studio. Back in the 70, Law Mong once issued an open challege to Leung Ting, but LT never came out to fight Law Mong, that's a report in HK press. The reason for this event , according to HK press, that time LT was supposed to be a fight scene set director, he demand Law Mong and some Taiwan actors to do certain fight scenes, but LT couldn't do it himself and had many problems with others. Later, Director Cheung Zhi has had to let LT go. But Law Mong is a famous Chu Gar Mantis fighter and he's from Hakka kungfu lineage.

FIRE HAWK
02-06-2001, 12:41 PM
Hi Handsome the creators of CHUKA SHAOLIN are LEOW FAH SHIH KOO she was a nun from the FUKIEN SHAOLIN Temple in the late eighteenth century because of the troubled times she left FUKIEN province and went to KWANGTUNG province and made a hillside cave her home this cave was called PAI HO TOONG (WHITE CRANE CAVE)LEOW FAH SHIH KOO had 2 students that where women and they were sisters they are of Hakka origin CHU MEOW ENG and CHU MEOW LUAN they come from the CHU FAMILY i have herd that they come from the CHU ROYAL FAMILY of the MING DYNASTY these three women are the founders of CHUKA SHAOLIN PHOENIX EYE FIST.This arts original name is CHUKA SHAOLIN CHU deriving from the surname of the sisters and KA meaning family meaning CHU FAMILY SHAOLIN.This art CHUKA SHAOLIN in Malaysia is also called CHUKA KUNE or HUKKA KUNE and also CHU GAR CHONG GAR CHUEN translated CHU s FAMILY MIDDLE RANGE Wich in a article on southern mantis a person wrote that it is the JEW GAR style of the MING ROYAL FAMILY.The Chu sisters only had 1 student OoH PING KWANG he had some students 1 named LEE SIONG PHEOW (1886-1960)master Lee brought the art to Malaysia in 1930 WHERE he tought CHEONG CHENG LEONG and others master lee Siong Pheow would only teach people of Hakka origin .

fiercest tiger
02-06-2001, 12:52 PM
isnt it strange that a nun can develop one of the most powerful systems in kung fu. i wonder if the reason for this system was for women to develop ging so that they can bet men that use more external punching, if you know what i mean.

i havent seen chu gar but i have had that book of chuka shaolin for many years. it is similar to southern mantis!

do you practise chu gar and is there any videos out that i can buy? :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

FIRE HAWK
02-06-2001, 12:57 PM
I WONDER if CHU AH NAM the women that you are reffering to might be LEOW FAH SHIH KOO or maybe one of the CHU sisters CHU MEOW ENG and CHU MEOW LUAN.I have also herd other branches of southern mantis say that CHU AH NAM is a man strange.

FIRE HAWK
02-06-2001, 03:40 PM
Hi fiercest tiger i have seen Chu Gar southern mantis on a video on a southern mantis website but they did not have any tapes for sale on Chu gar southern mantis i do know of some websites that sell CHOW GAR and JOOK LUM southern mantis videos.There is a second PHOENIX EYE FIST book out called THE SECRETS OF PHOENIX EYE FIST KUNG FU THE ART OF CHUKA SHAOLIN by authors CHEONG CHENG LEONG and MARK V WILEY ISBN 0-8048-3178-5 this second book list all the hand and weapons forms and shows 1 of the 2 man forms and the staff form of the style.

handsome
02-07-2001, 03:25 AM
Chu Ah Nam is a woman from the Ming's royal Chu family. My brother has known some of the Chu Gar Mantis family--from Chu's family in HK about a decade ago. His sources comes from the Chu Gar Tong Long grandmaster himself.( too bad, i forgot his name ). There was a story between Chu Gar and Chow Gar. Chu Gar and Chow Gar are sopposed to be same families. It's a mistake made by few generations ago, Chu and Chow are sounded almost the same in Hakka and some local contonese dialects, that caused some poeple called their Chu Gar , changed to Chow Gar. That's a big mistake for the Chow Gar. And many Chu Gar Mantis Practioners tell the same story.

handsome
02-07-2001, 03:41 AM
Chu Gar Tong Long is the first and the most original southern short range combat system. Later, somehow Chow Gar and other southern mantis boxings come out.

handsome
02-07-2001, 04:11 AM
i dont know if Chu Ah Nam and Chuka Shoalin's Chu's sisters were related it or not? But after the Manchu took over China from Han people, there were hugh numbers of the Royal Chu family spread out all over the southern Chinasea and everywhere.
Many of Chu's members were belonged to the secret boxer socities and have a very strong connection with many kungfu systems. Chu Gar Mantis boxing and Chuka Shoalin boxing are part of this past history...just my 2 cents