PDA

View Full Version : Kay-see:Whos better Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee.....

Badger
03-04-2002, 10:43 AM
its been asked b-fore
I just want to here it from yee

Former castleva
03-04-2002, 11:37 AM
That kind of questions are really getting old...
But I would vote for Richard Gere and Sammo Hung.

KC Elbows
03-04-2002, 11:40 AM
But if we must cut the chase, truth be told
I'd pick Cheech Morin and Tommy Chong.

Wu Wei
03-04-2002, 12:04 PM
Not that anybody wants my opinion, but I'm going to give it anyways, since I dont tend to tire of old questions.

Both had plenty of training, perhaps jackie had more formal training since Bruce apparantly switched around a lot. That doesnt discredit Bruce however.
They're also both known as brawlers..... And they of course are both actors..... Hey! Have you ever noticed that you never see Bruce and Jackie at the same time?! I wonder what that means....

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-04-2002, 12:15 PM
i understood the joke, but jacki was actually in enter the dragon (or maybe it was another of bruce's movies) as a guy that gets smacked with a pole or something.

sh!t, now everyone knows i actually viewed this thread.

more embarassing than starting your period in the kiddy pool while eating nachos and drinking vodka.

Felipe Bido
03-04-2002, 01:09 PM
In Enter the Dragon, Bruce grabs a guy's arm, and twists it, then grabs the guy's hair and breaks his neck, while the camera makes a close-up at Bruce's face. That unlucky fella is Jackie Chan with a fake mustache.

He was the stunt for the samurai that flies out of the window after Bruce kicks him in Chinese Connection, too.

old jong
03-04-2002, 01:09 PM
I think (after lots of thoughts) that B.L. was better at dramatic scenes and J.C. is better at comedy!...
As far as Kung Fu is concerned, I think that David Carradine is better than the other two!...But Drew Barrymoore beat them all with her split!...Van ****ed has my wife's and her sister's votes for his butt!...

old jong
03-04-2002, 01:12 PM
...Oh Oh! I wrote Van Dam...ned ! :D

anton
03-04-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by old jong
I think (after lots of thoughts) that B.L. was better at dramatic scenes and J.C. is better at comedy!...

Agreed

As far as fighting goes, I've been told Bruce Lee has much more fighting experience than Jackie - I reckon Bruce would win if the two of them had a fight. Apparently Sammo Hung is a really good fighter as well.

Ky-Fi
03-04-2002, 09:34 PM
I agree with Old Jong. David Carradine could have pummeled them both into submission without breaking a sweat.

red_fists
03-04-2002, 09:44 PM
My Vote goes to:

"Texas Ranger in a Walker".

hehehe

firepalm
03-05-2002, 12:58 AM
Personally I think Jackie's better but then wouldn't everyone be better then a dead guy?!?!?!?!?:cool:

NafAnal
03-05-2002, 03:03 AM
Didn't jackie chan threaten to bust up richard gere for his comments about china and tibet?

firepalm
03-05-2002, 03:46 AM
Actually wasn't it over Richard's cruel & unusual treatment of gerbils... ;)

NafAnal
03-05-2002, 04:04 AM
hoho

Former castleva
03-05-2002, 05:36 AM
I thought Richard is a good friend of Tibet,he has met Dalai Lama and so on.
I donīt know about China though,I guess China has itīs hit and misses.
If you want to discuss about rodents,Iīm the right person to turn to,I do have over six years of experience on rodents,expecially hamsters (and I know stuff about gerbils too).
There is a great site www.petwebsite.com which has great discussions on rodents and other animals.
There are many other excellent rodent sites on www too if you do a small search.

nightair
03-05-2002, 09:39 AM
sorry but Jackie chan is a fricken clown superstar not a martialist, I like the guy but he needs to get new scriptwriters for his movies they are all the same just with different names. He's a comedian not a warrior so don't try to compare him to Bruce Lee.

KungFuGuy!
03-05-2002, 12:22 PM
Castleva, my guess is that you're unfamiliar with what Richard Gere did with a gerbil, otherwise you wouldn't have expressed your love for them so adamently :D
Bruce Lee, without a doubt. Lets look at their accomplishments.
Bruce: Studied Wing Chun for 19 years, studied under Yip Man. Created his own martial art that has become extremely popular and is considered to be extremely effective. He's also studied several dozen other arts briefly to get their jist.
Jackie: Learned his martial arts at a theatre school, has had various training on the sets of several movies. Has made lots of action movies.

Hands down the answer should be Bruce Lee.

rubthebuddha
03-05-2002, 01:38 PM
bruce lee studied wing chun for 19 years? :rolleyes:

news to me. ryu, would you please call bruce and get the final word on this?

Sho
03-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
bruce lee studied wing chun for 19 years? :rolleyes:Don't think so, because I heard that he only reached the green sash and if he started at the age of 14 and did it for 19 years, he would be 33. He only learned WC for couple of years when he started to construct his own way. He didn't do WC his entire life. :)

LEGEND
03-05-2002, 05:28 PM
BRUCE only studied wing chun for 4 years before moving to the USA. He then got into boxing and some other arts. He did run into WONG SHUN LEUNG, YIP MAN and HAWKIN CHEUNGs when he was in HK...and I'm sure they talk about WING CHUN. Wong Shun Leung and Hawking Cheung has interviews of their last encounter with BRUCE and how his fighting changed.

NafAnal
03-07-2002, 03:05 AM
Kungfu guy is being a sarcastic b astard trying to stir up trouble

yenhoi
03-07-2002, 06:08 PM
Jackie Chans 1st movie was enter the dragon, according to Inside Kung-fu.

Hes the guy who trys to kiss BL's sister when BL's dad or whatever is telling the story about Han's guys coming to the island after the last tournament.

Jackie gets kicked in the nuts at first, and then later gets to beotch slap her, before getting kicked and punched some more. I dont remember seeing him elsewhere in the movie, Im sure hes a cronie along the lines...

KungFuGuy!
03-07-2002, 07:42 PM
Normaly I'd agree with you, Nafanal, but not in this case :D
It states in the Tao of Jeet Kune Do that he studied wing chun for 19 years.

red_fists
03-07-2002, 07:49 PM
Hi KFG.

Does it say the studied or practiced for 19 years.

My understanding was 4 yrs study, 15yrs of practice.

Unless the Book lists who he studied under in the USA.

Just curious.

rubthebuddha
03-08-2002, 12:22 AM
he studied at temple kf back in their wc days.

Ryu
03-08-2002, 03:54 AM
*Ring ring ring*

*ring ring ring*

*ring ring.... Hello?

Ryu: Hey Bruce!

Bruce: (damm the world).... Hello, Ryu.

Ryu: We've got a question were puzzled about.

Bruce: Really? Is it a Jeet Kune Do question?

Ryu: Well yeah, kind of.

Bruce: Ah! Well that's more like it! What's the question? I can answer it for you.

Ryu: Could you beat up Jackie Chan?? :D

Bruce: .................................. What??

Ryu: Could you beat up Jackie Chan?

Bruce: I thought this was a Jeet Kune Do question?

Ryu: Could you beat up Jackie Chan with Jeet Kune Do?

Bruce: He was a friend of mine. Why would I want to beat him up? He helped me on a lot of films.

Ryu: Yeah and you kicked his butt!

Bruce: I .... it's just a movie, man!

Ryu: So you couldn't beat him up? :confused:

Bruce: Listen man, if I wanted to beat anyone up I'd find any and all ways to do it. My philosophy is you'd better kill me before I get you. That's different then movie fighting, right?

Ryu: :confused: Uh.... it ...um... movies are....

Bruce: Don't hurt yourself...

Ryu: :confused: Movies... movies... different? Okay wait I got it! Um... you are ... um... movies are good because...

Bruce: *click*

Ryu: No no, I can do it! Movies... see they....no....
:confused: to fight in a movie is real... wait...
hold on, I'm getting it... comparing your movie skills and real life skills is silly...no wait that can't be it...

Ryu
03-08-2002, 04:07 AM
Oh yeah, the WC question ....oops.

*ring ring ring*

Bruce: I know it's you again.

Ryu: Okay it's a real question this time.

Bruce: Go ahead.

Ryu: How long did you study WC?

Bruce: About 5 years or so in Hong Kong, and I continued practicing and studying here in the states too. It was a big part of my Jeet Kune Do.

Ryu: Could you beat up Jackie Chan with it?

Bruce: *click*

NafAnal
03-08-2002, 04:23 AM
:D

rubthebuddha
03-09-2002, 06:21 PM
ryu:

thanks. now that we have that cleared up, let's go get some smoothies.

:)

KungFuGuy!
03-09-2002, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I'm wrong. 19 years is how long he was in martial arts, he only studied WC for 5 years or so. I just got confused :D

Chang Style Novice
03-10-2002, 07:03 AM
I could beat Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan both at once.

Uhh...at gin rummy. Maybe.

DelicateSound
03-10-2002, 02:21 PM
I think it's actually:

ring*ring*ring

ring*ring*ring

Paul Vunak: Hello, Mr V. speaking.

Ryu: Hello it's-

Paul Vunak: You again! What have I told you! Noit is not valid! I never issued it to you anyway! You wrote it out in crayon on the back of some wallpaper and forged my name from a parking fine check!! If I ever catch you near my house again with that telescope and that long raincoat I'll tear them off OK!!!

Ryu: Is that a yes?

*click*

Ryu
03-10-2002, 03:52 PM
LMAO!!
*clapping applause*

Delicate, that really was some funny stuff. :D

Ryu

wushu chik
03-10-2002, 05:01 PM
In all seriousness....who cares! Linda had a bigger pen!s than Bruce, and that's why SHE made all the decisions! Just like a good female!!!

And if you WERE to actually get ahold of bruce it would be more like this:

*ring ring ring*

*ring ring ring*

Bruce: Hello!

Wendy: Hey Bruce!

Bruce: Wendy, nice to finally talk to you, I have heard so much about you. How ha......

Wendy: Anyways, right back at ya....uh, we have a few questions for you down here...

Bruce: Ok...shoot.

Wendy: How long did you study Wing Chun?

Bruce: Hmm, I have no recollection......

Wendy: Ok, so you are saying you can't remember, or you just don't want to tell me??

Bruce: Yes!!!!!!!

Wendy: WOW...you are pretty cool!! OK...next question....

Bruce: Will you marry me?

Wendy: Dude...you are dead...get OVER IT.

Bruce: PPPPPLLLLEASE......

Wendy: Well, you will have to check with Ryu.....he's my other half.......

Bruce: D*MN RYU....I will kick his.......CLICK

And that's what would happen!!!

~Wen~

Ryu
03-10-2002, 08:11 PM
Stop stealing my "phone calls to Bruce Lee" bit, everyone!! :D

though I did like Wushu's as well. :D

(now she has Bruce after me as well as MerryPrankster... :eek: )

Ryu

wushu chik
03-10-2002, 08:26 PM
i am sorry, i will call him off.....ON MY OWN TIME SO THAT I DO NOT STEAL YOUR "Phone calls" with BRUCE anymore.....:(

Ryu
03-10-2002, 10:41 PM
:(
Aww, that frown destroys even MY masculine might.

It's okay, Wushu, you can do whatever you please. :D
I'll fight Bruce for you........and win. :D

Smoting time!

Ryu

wushu chik
03-10-2002, 11:20 PM
All for the love of a woman!!!!! YOu are the best Ryu! :)

Xebsball
03-11-2002, 12:32 AM
How come I never get a piece of the pie.
Im nice and stuff too.
I just dont open doors and **** like that but im still a very nice individual.

jon
03-11-2002, 03:24 AM
"How come I never get a piece of the pie.
Im nice and stuff too.
I just dont open doors and **** like that but im still a very nice individual."
* I had this problem and have just recently gotten a girlfriend...
If your kind hearted she will come along. Im ammazed at the girl im now with and couldnt have asked for a sweeter person.
Then again its early days yet;)
As for opening doors...
Dude I even unlock her side of the car and let her in first :)
There is nothing wrong with being a little bit traditional every now and again, long as its done in a kind way and not as a put down.
So yeah hang in there and if your as nice as you say you will meet someone who is also really special...

She got me a little book about luck yesterday.
Seemed kinda appropriate, she always makes me feel lucky.

Now ive gone and said all these nice things about her she will proberly cheat on me or something:rolleyes: