PDA

View Full Version : bad hung gar in MOntreal

wuwei
05-05-2001, 04:18 AM
I trained for a short time at a school that teaches siu lum Hung Gar style. They come from Hong KOng, but I seem sceptical of them. They started to teach Tai chi and drunken style. I wondered all of a sudden where did this happen? SO I quit!
Enjoy life! :confused:

WuMan
05-05-2001, 06:54 AM
You sure it is Siu Lum Hung Gar and not Siu lum & Hung Gar?

wuwei
05-06-2001, 08:07 PM
The school always told me Siu Lum HUng Gar.Not Siu Lum & HUng Gar.
The school is located on st. Catherine street, downtown Montreal.
Very business like. Also, unlike traditional Chinese Kung Fu, they love to give out belts.

Daoman

Tekarius
05-07-2001, 01:30 AM
Daoman, is it the Kung Fu Sil Lum Hung Gar
Cours de kung fu & tai chi
372 ste catherine O.........879-1533???

Daoman you should visit Kai Leung's Shaolin kung fu.

wuwei
05-07-2001, 03:06 PM
yes that's the place!!
I'll go check out your recommendation...exactly where is it.
Thanks!
Daoman

Rei
05-07-2001, 07:00 PM
Hi,

If you live inmontreal go see sifu yannick benoit!!! hes on St catherine street and teaches traditional wushu... increadible i tell you ;) really good skills and real nice style... i cant remember the adress tho... its near the PLACE DES ARTS metro station and in the place des beaux arts building i think... go check out quebecwushu.cjb.net for info and email him ;)

If u go... tell him Renald said hi :D

Peace!

*To conquer others, you must first conquer yourself*

Tekarius
05-08-2001, 01:44 AM
Hey daoman,
Kai Leung teaches Hung Sing Choy li fut,CHi Kung, and tai chi.
Their located at 24 Mont Royal O (#408)..... 289-9898
Here is their website Kai Leung's web site (http://www.geocities.com/accikl/anglais.html)

HungGar123
05-11-2001, 11:15 AM
sad to hear that...

Hung Gar is the best...

Sherkan
05-12-2001, 11:49 PM
this is a test, my reply will follow

Sherkan
05-13-2001, 12:04 AM
Hi,
I must admit I do not agree with you. I am currently a student of this Hung Gar school in Montreal (Sil Lum Hung Gar) and I don't get your point.
Hung Gar is based on four sets: taming the tiger, tiger & crane, Iron Wire set, 5 animals 5 elements set. I believe we can learn all of them at this school. Moreover, we can learn many weapons sets, drunken style and tai chi... like in many other kung fu schools, the style is larger than 4 forms... so where is the problem?
I think that if you live in the province of Quebec, this is one of the best school you can go to! And it is the only one where you can learn this style...
About the belts... well, it is like many other schools as well. it is more a symbol of the time you spent there than a sign of your level of achievment in the art.
Commercial? I don't think so, this is one of the cheapest martial art school of Montreal!

Anyway...this is my opinion of course :-)

Regards