PDA

View Full Version : I won my fight...yay!

DragonzRage
03-04-2002, 04:05 PM
Hey guys. Vut Promotions recently hosted a small amateur muay thai fight card. I lost my last fight by decision awhile back and so I felt it was about time for me to get back in there and shake off the ring rust, and hopefully redeme myself. My strategy this time was not to play calm and strategize as much as i tried to last time, but to instead go in there and wail on him and hopefully get an early KO. Vut decided to disqualify the guy i was first matched up with from fighting (for reasons I am unaware of). So instead, I got matched up with a younger guy fighting under Richard Bustillo at the last minute. I was delighted to meet and shake hands with Sifu Bustillo, a great in the JKD family tree whom I have tons of respect for. Knowing what a great teacher Richard Bustillo is, I knew I'd have my hands full, despite his guy's relative inexperience. Geez, they practically brought their whole school down with them, and so I had to endure chants of "IMB! IMB! IMB!" all throughout the fight ;)

So anyway, as soon as the bell rang for the first round i walked straight toward him and let punches fly. I shocked him early with lots of combinations. However, his boxing defense and his chin were excellent and he managed to weather the storm and start counterpunching. We both got shots in, but everyone says i clearly took the first round. The second round was a war. I threw more power kicks this time, actually landing one clean headkick and tried to take him out with another flurry. i gassed myself a bit and he came in and boxed me pretty good for a moment, so i put him in the plum and threw him against the ropes. We spent the rest of the round brawling toe to toe. By the third round I was pretty gassed. He dazed me with a clean counterpunch as i was going in for a low kick. We then went toe to toe again and i managed to pull out one more strong flurry landing some solid shots. I had him dazed, he backpedaled and covered up. His defense was good...i still couldn't put him down. He got in some counterpunches. I landed a clean middle kick right as the bell rang. No TKO, no knock out. Oh well, they gave me the decision. I was happy. My opponent was very good. His boxing was extremely solid. Much respect to him. He was a great sport and his entourage was very respectful and friendly. He fought a great fight and had no reason to be disappointed in himself. Although I think i deserved the decision, a decision is a far cry from a TKO. This was the most fun i've had at a fight in awhile. Everything went well.

qeySuS
03-04-2002, 04:14 PM
Congrats man sounds like it was great fun.

shaolinboxer
03-05-2002, 07:09 AM
Excellent!