PDA

View Full Version : Zheng Gu Shui vs. Kwan Loong vs...?

NPMantis
03-05-2002, 03:48 PM
I know this has been posted many times but I would like to know what peoples opinions are on the best over the counter medicine in terms of healing bones after conditioning.

I have used Zheng Gu Shui and it was ok but I was wondering does anyone know of anything better?

Thanking you in advance for any help,

best regards,

Mantis

BSH
03-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Milk

tri2bmt
03-06-2002, 03:46 PM
Dit dat jow is thebest. mY sifu makes some killer stuff and it works better then Zhen Gu Shoi and the store bought Jows i have tried.

Swannee
03-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Dit Da jow is bruise medicine used for conditioning. there is stronger Jow which is often used for Iron Palm training. Probably finding a recipe (found in Kung fu magazine occasionally) and learning to make yourself or from a good reliable source would be best.

Zheng Gu Shui is best used for Tendon and ligament repairs in joints, it also may be mixed with Woodlock (a very deep hot muscle oil) to take the Zheng Gu Shui into the joints better.

Kwan Loong oil is actually cooler and can be used like ice on an
acute injury like with swelling.

There are many other oils, healing herbs. It would be good to find an accupuncturist in your area or someone with herbal healing knowledge like maybe your Sifu or Sigung...

ElPietro
03-12-2002, 08:38 PM
All this jow is great but he asked about bone conditioning...not muscle and tendons. Bone density will increase over time with stress applied to it. You could take calcium and magnesium supplements...probably before bed is best when your body is in repair mode.

My physiotherapist and I discussed bone bruising a bit and he knows of a way to help it by a gentle massage but there was much more to it and basically he said it would take lots of studying before it can be learned so there are alternatives, however, going to a therapist may not be your best option.

Just give yourself enough rest and I'm sure your bones will adapt.

NPMantis
03-13-2002, 01:39 PM
Thank you all very much for your help.

I use woodlock oil for muscles and it's very good but to be honest I find ibuleve gel (contains ibuprofen) much better.

My Sifu recommended Zheng Gu Shui, I haven't really given it enough of a try to really make up my mind, I am just curious what other people use. I never push conditioning very far, I want to build it up slowly over time rather than a quick fix - it is really going to be used mainly for my shins as they often feel a little sore after training.

Thanks again for all of your help everyone,

best regards,

Mantis