PDA

View Full Version : More insanity in COMBAT magazine! (UK)

Colin
03-06-2002, 10:57 AM
I don't know if you peeps in the states can get "COMBAT Magazine", but i think our antipodean brothers can.

I posted about mad mooneys activities the other day, but forgot to mention there was also an article called "The secret power of Tai Chi Chaun" by Graham Horwood.
Now some of the article reads ok, but there is another of these FAKE pictures that seem to be spreading through the martial arts mags.
This guy is sitting in a half lotus, lifting a man in front of him using only his finger tips.
Now the only thing wrong with this is that i'm sure that I can see that the picture is faked.
Why oh why do people persist in claiming this rubbish, and why oh why do the martial arts magazines continue to publish such drivel?

The chinese arts have a pretty bad press here in the UK, and this sort of sh!t is doing nothing to help.

I now expect to get kids coming into my class asking to learn this sh!t.

I only hope that some real martial artists in the UK, particularly TCC people will debunk this rubbish as soon as possible.

:( :( :(

regards
Colin..............

dezhen2001
03-06-2002, 11:14 AM
i haven't seen the new issue of Combat yet...

I usually just read the few colums that interest me in the shop and put it back :D There was a time (before i met my Sifu) that i used to subscribe, but now there are only around 4 pages a magazine that interest me!:eek: (the Talking Qi and Qigong column and the Japanese Arts column).

still - now i'll have ot take a look...

david

Colin
03-06-2002, 11:25 AM
I have a friend that payed the subscription for my birthday present last year, before that I used to sit in WHsmiths and read it till I was moved on!

I wonder what genuine qi gong instructors like Michael Tse think about this sort of article?
i bet it pi55es him off.

C...........

Sharky
03-06-2002, 11:28 AM
I stopped buying MA magazines. I think they are sad and for wannabe's. The only good thing about combat was when they got some decent wing chun articles. Usually 1 or 2 times every other month. Not worth the money of the paper.

NafAnal
03-07-2002, 03:04 AM
Hey i still buy them. Guess i'm a wanabee. sounds about right actually. ;)

Kristoffer
03-07-2002, 07:52 AM
I really hate bad MA magazines-- ough :mad:

Budokan
03-07-2002, 09:51 AM
"Please! Stop the insanity!" --Susan Powter

Anyone else remember this poodle-haired skull-faced shrill-screaming freak?