PDA

View Full Version : Chiu Chi Ling the best on the world in Hung Gar???

chikung
02-08-2001, 09:23 PM
Chiu Chi Ling the best on the world in Hung Gar???

DF
02-08-2001, 09:54 PM
I am responding this at the request of Sifu Chiu Chi Ling.

Sifu Chiu's intention is to promote and to unite the Hung Gar around the world. He does not want people to start a debate on who is the best or who is the head of Hung Gar. There are many great Hung Gar practioners around the world and Sifu Chiu wish is to promote the style for the benefits of all.

peace

DF

chikung
02-08-2001, 11:21 PM
In the web-site of the International Chiu Chi Ling Hung Gar Kung Fu Association, i readed that: "Chiu Chi Ling the best in Hung Gar in Hong Kong......." "My father chiu kau was the best in the world in Hung Gar when he was still alive....." "Chiu Chi Ling the best in the world in Hung Gar..." Reading these informations a big question appeared. Who voted and selected Chiu Chi Ling and his father Chiu Kau as the best in the world? As i know for to recognise someone as the "best one" or the "top one" in any field, must be a vote which had done by a big and official organization concerning this particular field!! Also i know that in a Czech Hung Gar School a chinese sign, written by Chiu Chi Ling and signed as:"great grandmaster Chiu Chi Ling-10 dan in Hung Gar Kung Fu" and so another one question appeared. Who graduated Chiu Chi Ling the title of the 10 dan??? Is there any dan graduation in Hung Gar? or in any traditional Chinese Kung Fu? As a Hung Gar practicer believes that the art of Hung Gar is a way of living. I deeply think that saying like that hurt more than to help each particular person Kung Fu family and all the world Hung Gar family. Also saying like that are not belong to the real meaning of the term "sifu". Dear fellow martial artist can you tell me if i am wrong or right??????

illusionfist
02-09-2001, 12:22 AM
I think that you also have to take into consideration that most of these sites are run by students who put things up in promotion of their school and they are not necessarily the words of their sifu.

Peace :D

bean curd
02-09-2001, 05:31 AM
it serves no purpose to slander anyone.

your post is nothing more than a flame, time better spent training.

if a senior wishes to question another seniors intergrity, then that is there right, however it is not the place of a student to interfere unless asked by their sifu or sigung.

words misunderstood cause many problems, one could ask "who in the hung gar family accepts lam jo as the sigung of the entire hung gar system??", which is being currently promoted in an article from a well known martial arts magazine.

this situation has been anounced on another thread in a public statement, in this fashion those who have responsabilities are discussing these issues with others of similair status and responsabilities, this is the manner in which, if required, is being taken, your post serves no purpose other than to put more fuel on a flamible situation as it is.

go do something better with your time!!!

02-09-2001, 10:26 AM
If this kind of marketing slogan is so important, then I think people should think twice before going into resturants around the corner that says "Best pancakes since 1965" at the entrance. No offense, but I just don't understand why this is interesting. I think it is more interesting to learn better kung fu. :confused:

L D S
02-09-2001, 10:34 AM
To Chikung:

I just don't understand why you are so ignorant and arrogant.

The ancient Greek had more wisdom than you have put in these hollow phrases.

Ling

chikung
02-10-2001, 03:05 AM
I do not understand the meaning of some comments. I think my question / worry is clear and it doesn’t keep anything behind. Also, I wouldn’t like to come in personal dispute with anyone. I am only an intermediate level student, not sifu, of hung gar who surfing in the Internet and love to talk for kungfu. So I pointed what came in my attention. For which one, I think hearts our beautiful art. That’s all.

bean curd
02-10-2001, 06:01 AM
what you spoke off is one sided, if you have checked/surfed the net, then you would read, many variations to some issues being spoken to here.

your comments are all one sided, so what did you expect, i find it odd that you only saw concerning things from the chi ling site, have a look at some others, they also say interesting things.

illusionfist
02-10-2001, 06:33 AM
You have a very strong opinion of a topic and yet you only know one side of the story. I dont believe thats wise.

chikung
02-10-2001, 03:09 PM
I read many options, surfing in the Internet, about this unpleasant dispute regarding the Hung Gar lineage. But I see that this started with the unrespectable announcement, in my opinion, of sifu Chiu Chi Ling for the great grandmaster Lam Cho. Also I didn’t see any official statement of sifu Ling’s web site or of his senior students about the questions that appeared by the evidences of the Lam family, in opposite I seen many answers in some forums behind a nickname.

I deeply believe that the importunateness is not in “who learned from whom”, but stays in the kung fu and the personality level.

South Paw
02-11-2001, 12:30 AM
The statement of Chiu Chi Ling has already been posted in the thread "Hung Ga Family Joint Statement" by DF.

I do believe that the 'announcement' on his personal website still has value. The evidence that the Lam Family has put up so far is very poor.

South Paw

illusionfist
02-11-2001, 03:29 AM
chikung- please enlighten me to this proof that was able to sway your opinion so heavily.

chikung
02-14-2001, 03:33 AM
Unfortunately I don’t see any opinion in my worries / questions.

Dear South Paw and Illusionfist , It seems to me that you don’t like a different opinion; although is stay in facts.

Dear Ling these phases are not mine, I was copy them from International Chiu Chi Ling Kung Fu Association. You can confirm it easy. Thanks.

illusionfist
02-14-2001, 09:19 AM
chikung- you are mistaken. I am totally open to others views and opinions. The only thing is that i like to hear the basis for the opinions that are stated. To make such grand claims, it would be wise to have G R A N D proof, so far i have seen none. So if you could show me the proof that you have found that has swayed your opinion, or convinced you that they are right, i would be appreciative.

chikung
02-16-2001, 02:17 AM
Dear Illusionfist I think that there is a misunderstood. My question is clear and that these are not my claims; but I found these in a specific site.

Are you like to give your comments on that or you want to open an other subject???

cha kuen
02-16-2001, 05:38 AM
I would have to say NO. I have never seen him but I am a true believer that true kung fu is underground.

chikung
02-17-2001, 03:21 AM
Sorry cha kuen I don't understand your saying? Is this with the specific subject?

bean curd
02-17-2001, 01:12 PM
chikung i don't see the point of this conversation, obviously you didnt read my previous posts on the matter.

chi ling has a site and you can write to him directly, i am more than sure he would answer any of your questions.

all you are doing here is trying to disparage a senior player of hung kuen !!!!!!
on what grounds do you have a right to do this??

don't say you are just a student asking for the truth, if you are then go and talk with your sifu.

for that matter who is your sifu, and does he condone what you are doing. if you are from hung kuen then the edicate that is required, you have obviously missed in one of his/her mo duk lessons

chikung
02-17-2001, 06:29 PM
Dear bean curt,
you are totally mistaken.

I red carefully your previous letter, but I didn’t like to continue your personal dispute that you done. Actually this was out of this subject. On the other side you didn’t read carefully my first post. So you don’t give me other choice.

I don’t have any question to sifu Chiu Chi Ling; actually his Website is descriptive. Also I don’t like to play the role of the senior player in hung kuen, as you do.

I just posted what impressed me. If you don’t like this information is not my wrong, I found these in a specific Website. In opposite of you, I don’t think that is need any ground to do this in this public forum.

Yes I am from Hung Kuen family. You asked me who is my sifu? If you tell me who is yours?? then I will tell you!!

Certainly my sifu is not behind this post!!! although I informed him about. I am mature enough to do this by my own and please keep your advices for your self.

Please my friend calm down, maybe the passion confuses your thoughts and this is not wise.

Try to understand that there is not anything between us, in personal. If you can prove me that the expression of these information (that I posted) are right? Then I will be interesting to listen your opinion.

Mo duk, my friend.

bean curd
02-18-2001, 10:31 AM
the prob with this sort of media is that you put the emotion to the words you read. i can assure you i am not excited, therefore i dont have to calm down, thanks for the concern.

regarding your impression that i am making out to be a senior player, please dont try to discredit me this way, i never said nor do i imply i am your senior, this has everything to do with respect, and that is the pure and simple case of the matter, nothing more nothing less.

the "ask your sifu comment was rhetorical", sorry you didn't understand.

as to the friendship, never been an issue, i understand it is not personal, from either of us, so you need not have had to bring it up.

chikung
02-19-2001, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the clarifications, which one give me much pleasure for the misunderstood that was.
But I am still waiting for your comments on my first reply.

Are you agree or not with this type of promotion?
Thanks in advance.

bean curd
02-19-2001, 11:16 AM
chikung i am not trying to avoid your question.

again the common thread through what i have been trying to impart to you, is that such matters serve no purpose.

what i think and know, i live with, the same is with you, you live with your own thoughts, and knowledge.

i would say the samething if someone who was implying what you are trying to achieve about any of the elders of our GAR.

like i said,there is conversation that is trying to happen between certain parties, to clarify and bring this situation to finality and conclusion.

if you want to converse with me on hung kuen, then i have no problems with this, if however you wish to continue with this pointless venture, then i am not interested.

yum cha is more enjoyable with good constructive conversation.

take care