PDA

View Full Version : Warriors!

Merryprankster
03-06-2002, 03:52 PM
D@mmit!

Everywhere I turn I keep seeing warriors...

Warriors in my hair, in my basement, in my gym.

I saw two walking down the street the other day. I could tell because they were carrying themselves in a very martial and warrior way.

4 guys challenged the warriors and the two of them defeated the 4 tough guys.

I wish I could be a warrior. Maybe if I train all the time I can develop a warrior mentality.

But if I don't develop that mentality, is it ok to just be an adult that accepts responsibility for the consequences of his actions?

Or is there something special about warriors?

I bet a warrior could kick a Ninja's arse.

I mean, Ninjas are sweet, they totally flip out and kill people, but a warrior just has that whole WARRIOR thing you know? And being a warrior, living that life... gosh, that just sounds unstoppable.

I wish I could be a warrior.

qeySuS
03-06-2002, 04:01 PM
you are a warrior, you ARE a warrior!

apoweyn
03-06-2002, 04:15 PM
"well friend, try new 'warrior hotel.' warriors check in, BUT THEY DON'T CHECK OUT."

Radhnoti
03-06-2002, 04:54 PM
Here's a link to a book named "Living the Martial Way : A Manual for the Way a Modern Warrior Should Think". It should help.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0942637763/qid=1015458703/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/002-2564672-2392046

Merryprankster
03-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Oh WOW!

A manual for the modern warrior! I can't wait!

And it's only $16.95 to boot. That's unbelievable!

What sorts of things does it advocate?

Does it talk about defeating challengers as being part of the modern warrior thinking?

Does it come with a headband?

Tigerstyle
03-06-2002, 05:15 PM
You want to be a Warrior?

I used to respect you. I don't know if I can now, because every time you post I'll have this image of you wearing a sleeveless demin vest and sporting that wavy 70's John Travolta hair.

Praaaannksterrrr. Come out to plaaaaayyyy.

Radhnoti
03-06-2002, 05:19 PM
:D

He basically says you should acknowledge your "warrior-ish-ness" and then train like crazy.
He also has a few sections about how to act honorably, how to take revenge honorably and when to kill yourself...um honorably (basically if you're jumping on a grenade to save others).
Actually, it's a great book. But he does get a bit rah-rah with the "You ARE a warrior!" stuff. :)

Merryprankster
03-06-2002, 05:22 PM
LOL!!!

Will we have to bop our way across the city?