PDA

View Full Version : No need to travel to Shaolin!

HungLo
03-06-2002, 06:41 PM
When you can train with Monk Shindo! True, he's not Chinese (or Asian at all, for that matter) yet he studied for 2 WHOLE YEARS!!!!as a Shaolin monk in an underground Shaolin Temple in Asia. Surely he must be well trained in all the forms and weapon sets of Shaolin, right??? After all, "Shindo is listed as a recognized Kung Fu master in international Kung Fu Magazine" so he must be legit!

http://www.terriblemonk.org/

:rolleyes:

joedoe
03-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Cool. So you can now go to Shaolin, buy some uniforms, get a few pictures taken in some poses and claim to be a monk - after only a 2 year apprenticeship! I'm booking my tickets now. :D

Fu-Pow
03-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Sign up now for my seminar on how, YOU too can open your own Shaolin Martial Arts School!!!!!

I'll show you how you can make a profitable CASH business with only a razor, a camera and a few willing students.

My seminar is coming soon to an area near you!!! Tickets are availabe at the reasonable price of $995.00!!! Just dial 1-800-BIG-WADD to sign up for this exciting opportunity.

The seminar will include:

-Head Shaving 101: How to make yourself look like a Shaolin
Monk.

-How to learn forms from books and videos: Who needs a teacher when there is so much information out there?

-Posing For Nature Photographs: We'll show you where to find the best and biggest rocks to pose on.

-"All YOU NEED IS CHI" or How to Profit from vague Chinese religio-medical speculation.

If you sign up now we'll also include these exciting topics:

-How to look tough
-How to act Chinese even if you're not
-How to avoid paying income Tax

Don't miss your chance to become a real Shaolin Monk.

old jong
03-06-2002, 07:12 PM
You just need to buy some good shaolin tapes and learn some forms or at least some moves that might look like shaolin. If you are a good imitator or comedian,you could fool a lot of people!
The way to know if the guy is a fake is: Can he pull a truck with his scrotum?...If he can or if he can at least prevent a cesna from taking off with his teeth, he's legit! ;)
Oh!...I forget!...He has also to be able to levitate and walk on wet toilet paper without leaving any tracks behind. ;)

mantis108
03-06-2002, 07:38 PM
The ultimate Shaolin secrets on video - Shaolin: the wheel of life. Only CDN $9.99 + GST (that's like a dollar USD ;) lol...)

That's the best Wushu on sale ... wait or is that Peking opera? Don't know no more and frankly don't care. Just give me the darn money. :)

Mantis108

Stacey
03-06-2002, 08:00 PM
Another Shi Yan Ming. Shi Yan Ming is better by having more years, but its all the same kind of crap you'd learn if you did go to shaolin.

kungfu cowboy
03-06-2002, 08:20 PM
That dude looks like a Shaolin fighting nerd.

red_fists
03-06-2002, 08:22 PM
The Tai Chi looks interesting as well.

kungfu cowboy
03-06-2002, 08:23 PM
Ahh, the infamous crouching water cooler technique (http://home.earthlink.net/~charleschangpark/GongfuPics/shindoposition.gif) !

Royal Dragon
06-11-2002, 08:09 AM
"Another Shi Yan Ming. Shi Yan Ming is better by having more years, but its all the same kind of crap you'd learn if you did go to shaolin."

Reply]
I thought they had some of the best traditional Kung Fu and modern Wu Shu around. Why do people diss them?

sticky fingers
06-11-2002, 08:23 AM
and he went to KOREA to become a SHAOLIN monk????

and I've visited the Great Wall of Japan :D

Shaolindynasty
06-11-2002, 08:33 AM
"terrible monk" says it all. I saw this dill hole advertise in inside kungfu

Royal Dragon
06-11-2002, 08:43 AM
Eh, he's got a better Jump Side Kick than John C Kim at least.

The Willow Sword
06-11-2002, 09:03 AM
CAN BECOME "BRACK BELT" FO JUS 49.95 YOO TOO CAN BECOME MASSA OF ANCHENT ART OF MARSHALL

WITH THE VIDEO INSTRUCTION OF MASTER WANG HUNG LO
YOO TOO CAN LEARN THE SECRET ART OF " TAKEYODO"

:D :p :D :p :o :p :( :D :eek:

norther practitioner
06-11-2002, 10:28 AM
Ching Chong Fist
anyone.....

[Censored]
06-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Hey, give the guy a break. He didn't claim to be the best, only the "most inspirational"! :)

KC Elbows
06-11-2002, 11:19 AM
You guys have clearly never studied at a hidden shaolin temple outside of China, or you would not speak so hastily.

I myself studied for 2 years and a month at the underground shaolin temple in the harsh backroads of Texarkana, and I can tell you, few can take such nice nature photographs as us underground shaolin adepts. Little tip though: shave your head while you're still in the shower, that way you don't get any unsightly rashes.

NorthernMantis
06-11-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by [Censored]
Hey, give the guy a break. He didn't claim to be the best, only the "most inspirational"! :)

Oh yes he did!

Master Shin Do built his reputation as an undefeated competitor in numerous championships

NP-

I totally agreee with you . It's the first time I ever heard of a Ching Chong fist.:D However it sounds vaguely familiar to a form taught in a false shaolin school, that in actually is very bad kempo, in Colombia which I happened to come across when I was made to move there. It think I have it on a very bad(quality) video that the "si-tai" let me borrow, that I kept eventually, where he does a form called "chimmy chuan" and a staff form ,which is hard to hear when he called out the name, called chan wan ching. I find it wierd since my grandmasters (deceased) older kung fu brother's name is Chan Wah Ching.

Let's dissect this:

Born in Italy, he began his practice of the martial arts at the age of seven. Since then, he has studied an array of disciplines, including Tai Chi Chuan, Wushu Total Fight, Wing Chun, Jung Gar, Pa Kua Chuan, Ching Chong Fist, Chi Gong, Sam Bu Do, and Wu-Tang. He earned the Shaolin Gong Fu Black Belt Superior Grade after ten years of intense study. The power Master Shin Do gained during his 2 ˝ years of study at the monastery won him the sobriquet, “Terrible Monk.”

The following styles causes me to raise an eyebrow:

Wu shu total fight- the name says it all

Jung Gar- Never heard of it. Have heard of hung gar,li gar, mok gar, lau gar, choy gar, chu gar praying mantis (southern), and lyn gar but not that.If jung gar is the same as jong then it means dummy family.

Ching chong fist- This one is too easy.

Sam Bu Do- In Cantonese this means 3 foot (not as in length but as in actual foot) sword.

Lastly wu tang- Ok now if wu tang is totally different style taughtoutside of shaolin then how did he learn it unless he was at a taoist tmple?

He earned the Shaolin Gong Fu Black Belt Superior Grade after ten years of intense study.

Belts were invented for the Japanese art of Judo by Jigoro Kano and later adopted by other Japanese styles. I don't think that the black belt superior grade actually exists, I heard 10th dan take like more than a decade and beyod to get.

Master Shin Do built his reputation as an undefeated competitor in numerous championships.

Right, just like Iron C. Kim is undefeated in all of Asia along with others.

His life has undergone a fundamental transformation since the temple. Prior to the temple, Shin Do’s life was filled with fighting. But through his real training as a Buddhist Fighting Monk, he learned compassion and ultimately learned how not to fight.

That paragraph makes absolutely no sense.

Well after looking at his pictures and especially his "mantis stance" I have come to the conclusion that Master Shin Do is just another kempo stylist trying to pass for a kung fu stylist.

roughnready
06-11-2002, 09:44 PM
i guess you can be a monk in your heart.