PDA

View Full Version : Chow Gar Tong Long Family Tree

TaoBoy
03-07-2002, 06:19 PM
Can anyone give me an idea of the Chow Gar family tree?

I have seen versions on websites and am familiar with the following lineage:

Chow An Nam
|
Wong Fook Go
|
Lau Soei
|
Yip Shui

Who has Yip Shui taught? (I know of Yip Chee Keung & Paul Whitrod)

Can anyone tell me about others taught by Lau Soei and Wong Fook Go?

mantis-1
03-08-2002, 06:13 AM
We are currently in the process of putting a new web site together (sifu david ip's school) and I don't think the current site has a family tree. I would advise looking at davids site, www.mantis.org.uk or paul whitrods site, you could check out F.Blanco artical although not all of it is correct, but there is a lot of useful info including family trees of all the branches of SPM.

Hope that works...

f blanco artical (http://cclib.nsu.ru/projects/satbi/satbi-e/martart/wushu/sm.html)

Phu Le
03-10-2002, 12:26 PM
This is a list of most of Ip shui's students...

Ngai Kok Pan. Ngai Pui Tan. Lei Chung Kwun. Choi Sui Wing. Lei Hor Kui. Wong Chuen Yan. Ho Gui Yiu.

Ng Se Kai. Ip Chee Keung. Cheng Horn Chuen. Kong Wing Sun.

Cheng Horn Ping. Cheng Ching Kai. Man Sek Wing. Ng Wun Hang. Wong Chee Keung. Ng Ying Choi.

Lei Tin Loi. Chan Horn Sum. Chung Chung Wah. Ma Wai Bong.

Paul Whitrod is actually a student of Ip Chee Keung, but learnt also from his Si-Gung Ip Shui.

Out of interest, who do you study Southern Mantis under?

Phu Le

TaoBoy
03-10-2002, 04:14 PM
I study a style called Hok Se Tong Long (Crane Snake Praying Mantis). It is best described as a hybrid of Chow Gar Tong Long and Tai Ji. We take a somewhat different path than pure Chow Gar practitioners but get to the same destination.

My instructor is Dai Si Heng Paul Bowden. He studied under Si Fu Tony Conley who is the disciple of Si Gung Dennis Sue-Tin. The lineage can be traced back to Grandmaster Yip Shui but I am not entirely sure of the connection.

TaoBoy
03-11-2002, 04:17 PM
mantis-1,

Thank you for the link.
It was very valuable.

:)