PDA

View Full Version : Yc.wong Of ?mantis Supposedly Taught Kaito In Sanfran In The Early 70s

diego
03-07-2002, 10:24 PM
ANY INFO ASK YOUR TEACHERS
THANKS!.....

http://www.geocities.com/tibetankungfu/roybuchanan.html
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/tibetankungfu/kaito_emperado.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/tibetankungfu/kaitoone.html
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/tibetankungfu/harryngyimming.html

roy is one of the four main seniors, he's second from right, in the first pic.

kaito on the left is recieving his 5th degree blackbelt instructor certificate from kajukukenbo founder adriano emperado.

a picture of kaito at a tournament i think he judged or held? in 76?; he's first on the left.

diego
03-13-2002, 06:29 PM
about Y.C.Wong who teaches a mantis style in sanfrancisco in the seventies, possibly sixtie's. It is no trouble off your back, but it could prove extremely helpfull for me, as thier is mantis techniques in my drills, and the name is thier, but i asked seniors through emial and they didnt get much info on thier teachers teacher, and now he is dead, and this is a mantis forum, i'm pretty sure it's not southern mantis, we us the regular heeladduction stance"mantis stance" .

Anything.... I want to know if he even exists, because i know thier is a hungga master WCWONG from sanfran. but thats another story

buddhapalm
03-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Hi Diego,
How are you ?

I am from San Francisco, and know a little bit about Y. C. Wong. From what I know of him he only practices Hung Gar and some Pek Kwar.

Could you possibly be reffering to T. Y. Wong of San Francisco ?

He taught here in San Francisco from the 1930's to the 60's. His style was Fut Gar, but I think it was not the Fut Gar you see in other schools, or at least it was mixed with Choy Lee Fut and other Southern systems. That is my opinion, I am not exactly sure.

T.Y. Wong had many animal techniques in his system, perhaps even Mantis, I dont know. His first two sets were:
- Lien Wan Kuen (Continious Fist)
- Mang Fu Ha Sahn (Fierce Tiger Descends the Mountain)

I dont know if this is the Sifu you may be looking for, please let me know and I will look into it for you.

What is the name of your teacher may I ask ? Did he learn in San Francisco ?

The person to really ask is "NorthernShaolin". He is old school from San Francisco here. If anyone knows, he will. He can be found mainly in the "Shaolin Kung Fu" section. It will be worth your while asking him or posting there too.

Cheers

Buddhapalm

San Francisco

diego
03-14-2002, 01:22 AM
thiers a good basic description of my site on the main forum under my kajukenbo/hopgar thread.

I'm pretty sure it's not W.C.Wong who does the hung gar from LamJoGm?.. i think you confused the spelling as everybody does.
As to yc, thats what the french article says, but ty sounds very interesting and thiers a possibillity:)

I learnt abit from my little brothers father, who learnt from a Alexander"kaido"polintian master of kajukenbo, teacher of What the article says harrywu-ng-yim-ming Hopgar and it says Ming et les techniques de la"mante religieuse"(kung fu) avec Sifu W.C.Wong a San Francisco he learn burokukai in sanfran from richard kim and shorinryu from latino gonzalez in his teens in the phillipinnes?.
i know Hopgar master harrywungyimming was killed around 71, and that kaito was in montreal around 72-74 and started teaching, he was born in 1940 when he went to sanfran from the phillipinnes, how much he learnt or if it was from students of masters im not sure.

I will cutnpaste this thread to the shaolin board, using you for referance;) :p

Inquisitor
03-15-2002, 11:22 PM
Actually diego, I think it is you who is confused. Y.C. Wong is the Hung Gar master in San Francisco, student of Lam Cho/Lum Jo. If you think everyone who calls him Y.C. Wong is confused, then you should go to the man himself and tell him he has his own name wrong, because that is how he officially publishes it (check for articles in Inside Kungfu, Kungfu Qigong, etc.). I for one have never heard of a W.C. Wong... It could very well be that there are two people who taught in San Francisco with the initials Y.C. and the last name of Wong.

diego
03-16-2002, 02:27 PM
I asked the question so many times about wc and people keep replying you mean yc the hung master, eventually i forgot the original text:D Already had that pointed out on the main forum, thanks for your concern tho, eh!:cool: