PDA

View Full Version : Bei tang lang new moderator?

EARTH DRAGON
03-08-2002, 01:21 PM
Mr Bei , I was contacted by liz mantis and she informed me that she doesnt really have the time to devote into the almost full time job of moderator. she has done a great job so far and I have always gotten quick reponses from her when needed. I would like to suggest contacting her and asking for her position. I would hope that you would fulfill the obligation with with professionalism and repsect as you always show in your posts.. good luck and please contact her we need a good fair moderator A.S.A.P thanks ED

BeiTangLang
03-08-2002, 08:39 PM
Thank you sir. I have contacted her about the position. Thank you for your words.

LizMantis
03-11-2002, 12:24 PM
It is all being set up for him to take over.

LizMantis
03-11-2002, 12:30 PM
It is all being set up for him to take over.

BeiTangLang
03-12-2002, 06:13 AM
I have spoken with Mr.Ching & I will be taking over for Liz soon.

Many thanks to Liz for her work & efforts as moderator here.
Respectfully,
BTL

Hua Lin Laoshi
03-12-2002, 07:49 AM
LizMantis
Thanks for all your hard work and for being available to answer my questions and listen to my concerns.

BeiTangLang
I'm sure you will do a good job moderating this forum since you have previous experience but I have a request for you already. Please post the guidelines for the forum if they exist or draw up some new ones. As I understand it pretty much anything goes but I would like to see less bashing, name calling and irrelevent small talk without having to resort to censorship.

Personally, I think the moderator should be active at times in the conversations as well as occassionally offering reminders of the guidelines and keeping forum members voluntarily on topic. These seem to be the mark of a well run forum whereas a lack of moderator presence tends to degrade into trolling and insulting.

I call on all forum members to support BeiTangLang in his efforts and with his help we can maintain a quality forum with honest (not rumor, don't say it if you can't back it up) and informative discussions.

Good luck.

BeiTangLang
03-12-2002, 08:46 AM
I like this idea & will look into forum rules & ettiquete.
I do not know how much change I can enforce, but I would love for this forum to become a great informational exchange rather than a gossip pit.
Thanks for the encouragement,
BTL

phantom
03-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Thanks for doing such a great job, Liz! BeitangLang, I wish you the best of luck. You seem like you would do your job in a professional manner. Peace.