PDA

View Full Version : DIM-MAK, come on now, you can't be serious!

Tinman
03-08-2002, 09:38 PM
Death touch, No way!!
Then I hear
"The Dimmak only works when the wind is right and the moon is blue."and crap like that.

Really,come on now

You see it's this kind of crap that gives your art a bad name.
It sounds so Comic Book Fake.
Just when I think ballet fu has got something,I hear another tall tail that no one in there right mind would believe.

Death touch with the tips of your fingers,WOW, that's alot of Chi in your little pinky.

Xebsball
03-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Ill touch your pressure point that is in the ass if you want.

PHILBERT
03-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Fine, let everyone here hit you in a dim mak spot and we'll see what happens.

Braden
03-08-2002, 10:00 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/john-mowat/dog.jpg

Tinman
03-08-2002, 10:03 PM
Thats funny Xebsball.But it's the truth.

NO WAY in hell could anyone cripple me with there finger tips!!

PHILBERT
03-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Tinman
Thats funny Xebsball.But it's the truth.

NO WAY in hell could anyone cripple me with there finger tips!!

Shove my fingers through your eyes and we'll see what happens.

Satanachia
03-08-2002, 10:32 PM
Alot of the Dim mak points are actually backed up by western medicine and physiology. You don't even need the concept of chi to understand them.

Take the "death touch" to the throat. If your saying this can't work, your very ignorant of the body's internal layout.

Ryu
03-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Hey Ralek, BJJ is superior to Karate.
The death touch stuff is all over karate too, genius.

Ryu

Former castleva
03-09-2002, 05:54 AM
Maybe the name "dim mak" sounds too mystical for us westerners,itīs only realistic manipulation of anatomy.
If dim mak (pressure point fighting) is a "fake" why is it used in so many arts-from karate to tai chi chuan?
Fingertips:
I think it is possible to use dim mak by fingertips.You need a tough,conditioned fingers/hand and strength.
"Death touch" is not actually just a way to shock someone by rubbing their face lightly
;) (Iīve heard though that it could be done by someone with a very high level of force/ki)
You need enough force to make the strike work,just like you need force to press a point to cause pain or damage.
I would not do dim mak with my weaker fingers.
Some say that this and that point works only when itīs night/day or "when the moon is blue" and your pulse is strong
:D
Time is more like related to healing.

jon
03-09-2002, 07:40 AM
Tinman

"You see it's this kind of crap that gives your art a bad name."
* Give which art a bad name?
Any of the millions that use preasure points? Maybe the doctors down at the accupreasure clinic are also a bunch of frauds. Ive also never understood what the big deal is with massage, i cant feel a DARN THING!

"It sounds so Comic Book Fake."
* Comic books are fake???:eek:

"Just when I think ballet fu has got something,I hear another tall tail that no one in there right mind would believe. "
* Hey you leave my Ballet Fu out of this ok!
We have an established linage of pink tight wearing practioners and we are in it for the long haul! You cant even hope to compare with our powers of balance and grace! Wait till you see my flashdance fist, then we will see who is laughing:mad:

"Death touch with the tips of your fingers,WOW, that's alot of Chi in your little pinky"
* Man thats nothing...
Order some of Richard Moonys tapes and you could knock people out without even touching them!

I told you before...
Dont worry about us CMA practioners, you are right, we are all deluding ourselfs and have been for ages. We all know this stuff doesnt work but we all keep trying like fools:rolleyes:
Its just becouse i think i look cool in silk trust me:D

guohuen
03-09-2002, 07:45 AM
Was Dim Mak the bad guy in star treck lll or lV?

Felipe Bido
03-09-2002, 07:50 AM
And Darth Vader has awesome 'Empty Force' skills.... he knows Kung Fu

*Whoa*

:D

Merryprankster
03-09-2002, 08:11 AM
A good boxer would beat the crap out of Tinman's Karate any day.

One good troll deserves another... :)

redfist
03-09-2002, 08:14 AM
refers to a greater amount of force transfered into a weaker
part of the anatomy.
everybody knows that,since you were a kid.
if you want to do damage to something take something harder
ie; your fist,and strike something weaker, ie;his nose.

mix that with traditional chinese medicine.

the key to this is the delivery system,
1.how get to the point,and 2. how to release force that penetrates on impact.
that`s what your sifu is for.
not a "black belt".

think,are you learning this?
what are all the forms(calasthetics)and conditioning for?
are you able to draw a conclusion that will enable you to generate this ability?

the traditional sparring of this type of training is not kick boxing or sport fighting,
there is no equipment used and is very painful and dangeruos among classmates.

PHILBERT
03-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Tin Man

http://www.boomspeed.com/changotpf/seizure2.gif

DelicateSound
03-09-2002, 10:30 AM
Tinman is intelligent.

Tinman
03-09-2002, 02:21 PM
Yep,That did it. Now I'm convinced.with answers like a boxer can beet the crap out of me,Tinman is intelligent,Darth Vader's empty force,
The dimmak has got to be real.
Now I know better.
Ballet Fu can kill you--by making me die of laughter.

Merryprankster
03-09-2002, 02:25 PM
When was the last time you sparred a boxer? Or would one of your kicks just take him out?

I don't particularly like vital point strikes either, but the way you posted the question was so spectacularly obtuse that I felt you needed a counter troll.

red_fists
03-09-2002, 02:28 PM
Hey Tinman.

Done any Kyusho Jutsu?? :confused:

It is commonly taught in the RyuKyu Arts, like Goju Ryu Karate. :P

If so ask your Sifu what it's original Chinese name was.
:eek: :eek:

DelicateSound
03-09-2002, 02:34 PM
OK Tinman. Me and you will face each other. You can punch me in the face - and then I'll spearhand you in the windpipe, and we'll see who is on the floor suffering from a crushed trachea shall we?

Jesus F*cking Christ. I can understand why some trolls are sceptical of Chi, but this d!ck is so stupid he doesn't even rate medical science. F*ck - There are some DUMB people in the world.

Sho
03-09-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by DelicateSound
Jesus F*cking Christ. I can understand why some trolls are sceptical of Chi, but this d!ck is so stupid he doesn't even rate medical science. F*ck - There are some DUMB people in the world.Don't take him to hard. :)

Zapf Dingbat
03-09-2002, 03:26 PM
Tinman is one of the most delightful trolls i have ever seen.

He has all the ingredients: Bad spelling and punctuation, round-peg-in-square-hole logic, and a constant need for attention through the starting of inflammatory topics.

"I know what I'll do, I'll go to the kung fu message board and say HAHAHAH OMG KGUN FOO IS DUMB!!@@4. Then people will like me!"

NorthernMantis
03-09-2002, 03:27 PM
After reading I have come to the conclusion that Tinman is Rolls. This guy claims to know karate and Rolls used to also.

Well so much for the "greates troll in history" claim the he made.Maybe he meant the most pathetic.Hasn't appeared ever since he was dethroened by a southern mantis guy.

Merryprankster
03-09-2002, 03:28 PM
Tinman is a rank amateur compared to Luke Beston and Ralek. :)

Sho
03-09-2002, 03:39 PM
Is there any proof that Tinman is not actually Ralek? :rolleyes:

Ryu
03-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Nope, I'm pretty sure Tinman is indeed Ralek. He knows the "Ralek" persona is hard to beat, and therefore is trying to start out as an amateur to throw people off his trail. :D

It's funny as hell because anyone really involved with Karate would definitely know about all the "one hit kills," "Ki" and "death touches" associated with KF's Japanese counterpart. LMAO

Ryu

Sam Wiley
03-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Hey, Tinman, check out this pic...

Ryu
03-09-2002, 04:35 PM
I will never NEVER get sick of that. :D
I don't care how many times it's been done.

Ryu

anton
03-09-2002, 04:52 PM
Tinman
If you're not sure about the efectiveness of Dim Mak here are some simple experiments:

Make a normal fist, extend the second knuckle of the index finger and support it with your thumb. Condition this for a few months by hitting stuff with it/doing push-ups on it etc.

Now walk up to someone on the street and hit them in the temple as hard as you can.
Next try hitting them square in the Adam's apple.

These are probably the best known dim mak points both are backed up by mdern medicine, and both feature as major targets in just about every striking art I can think of.

fightfan
03-09-2002, 09:10 PM
I know this is a troll thread (I usually avoid like the plague) but Im wondering if anyone has ever sparred using "extended fingers"?
If so, wouldnt anything like that put your fingers at great risk of spraining or breaking against a moving opponent?
I know that when I spar with closed fists sometimes I catch my thumb and Ooooh does that hurt.
Thanks in advance.

PHILBERT
03-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
When was the last time you sparred a boxer? Or would one of your kicks just take him out?

I don't particularly like vital point strikes either, but the way you posted the question was so spectacularly obtuse that I felt you needed a counter troll.

No way man, he'll use his awesome board breaking ability and punch through the guys chest.

Zapf Dingbat
03-10-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by PHILBERT

No way man, he'll use his awesome board breaking ability and punch through the guys chest.

Haven't you ever seen the movie RIKI-O?????

Oh wait, Riki used qigong in that movie..... qigong TO THE X-TREEEEEM!!!

Tinman
03-10-2002, 11:08 AM
WOW, all these ways the dimmak can be used sounds like strikes.
If thats what the dimmak is then call it that -- a Death Strike!
Not a Death Touch.

You Ballet Fu guys are so caught up in yourselves you start believing in this Death Touch.But when confronted with the facts it turns into Death Strikes.

It is you who are mislead.

Merryprankster
03-10-2002, 11:14 AM
Really?

I don't do Kung Fu. So how am I misled?

Tinman
03-10-2002, 11:21 AM
Good come back Merryprankster.

I think it would be in ballet fu's best interest to let this thread die out.The fact is their.

Ryu
03-10-2002, 11:48 AM
:confused: Their what?

:cool:

I don't do kung fu either, am I mislead?
I've beaten up Karate guys before though...

(again no offense Budokan :D Having fun with the troll)

Ryu

DelicateSound
03-10-2002, 12:04 PM
If thats what the dimmak is then call it that -- a Death Strike!
Not a Death Touch.

Who has ever called it a "Death Touch"? It is called DimMak - or a pressure point strike. Sure you haven't just seen the episode of the Simpsons where Bart plays the video game instead of going to class.......

.........wait - that's you isn't it Rolls! Gracie CD Rom etc.......

D!ck.

Sam Wiley
03-10-2002, 12:17 PM
Britney's not the only slave...

NorthernMantis
03-10-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by fightfan
I know this is a troll thread (I usually avoid like the plague) but Im wondering if anyone has ever sparred using "extended fingers"?
If so, wouldnt anything like that put your fingers at great risk of spraining or breaking against a moving opponent?
I know that when I spar with closed fists sometimes I catch my thumb and Ooooh does that hurt.
Thanks in advance.

Well finger strikes are meant to strike the soft ares like the neck,throat,eyes, etc.. so there won't be a probem if you stick to that.

Chang Style Novice
03-10-2002, 12:41 PM
I really don't see what the big controversy is. Surely anyone will agree that some spots on the anatomy are more tender than others. And surely everyone knows that a relatively lighter blow is neccesary to cause harm if one can reach these spots. Nerve clusters, veins and arteries, seams in bone plates, highly stressed joints: these are all that dim mak points are. Nobody ever said that dim mak is easy, or always practical, did they? Maybe I missed that part.

Jeez, I need to get a life, responding to troll threads like this. Anyone have a life that I can borrow?

No_Know
03-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Many of the people here seem to be practical-minded folks. If I can't see it don't talk to me about it type of people.

There are aspects to Dim Mak where slight pressure to a non-vulnerable~ area can supposedly do damage or heal.

Either "touch" Tinman and cause an organ to fail or otherwise hurt or kill. Or be able to do that and let Tinman talk bad about us~. There are a lot like Tinman out there--who No_Know. If I hurt'em, I lose some integrity for hurting him and whoever wasn't there wouldn't believe. If I'm not skilled it's fuel to the fire of Dim Mak's no good. And embarasses me. Wrong or right, it doesn't seem worth it.

Some-such, perhaps, some might say.

Tinman
03-10-2002, 03:49 PM
WHAT??!:confused:

Zapf Dingbat
03-10-2002, 03:55 PM
WHAT??!:confused:

Actually, I'll have to agree with you there (:eek: ). That didn't make much sense.

Silumkid
03-10-2002, 03:59 PM
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

It's a little too obvious that (T)Rolls/Ralek/Tinman/ so on and on went out and rented Bloodsport because he got to watch Van Damme run around in bicycle shorts. Then he heard them reference Dim Mak as the "Death Touch" with the super duper brick breaking and thought he stumbled onto some new uncovered ground.

Let the poor child remain orgasmic in his ignorance.

No_Know
03-10-2002, 04:03 PM
Dim Mak is more than hitting weak spots. It's not even hitting weak spots. It's using the intricate workings of the body against itself (for fighting; or using the body to work with itself for healing)~. Hitting weak spots is smart~ fighting. Dim Mak might use this. But Dim Mak doesnt rely on it. ~

Merryprankster
03-10-2002, 04:06 PM
And you know Dim Mak techniques, as you describe them, work how?

No_Know
03-10-2002, 05:03 PM
Who, me? Hopefully I do not know anything.

Merryprankster
03-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Talking to you hurts my head.

Oh well, no worries! :D

Zapf Dingbat
03-10-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
Talking to you hurts my head.

Oh well, no worries! :D

That's some high level kung fu..... QI HEAD ATTAKC ACTIVATE

wushu chik
03-10-2002, 05:13 PM
I will discribe them for ya.

Start moving your arms around really fast, until they are a blur. If you know what you are doing, and execute it correctly, they will start to GLOW. That's what we in MA call "THE GLOW". It's like a forcefield...and if you touch it...YOU WILL DIE.

~Wen~

Ryu
03-10-2002, 08:14 PM
What a woman! ;)

Ryu

No_Know
03-12-2002, 08:10 PM
Air is there but can't (generally-ish) be seen. Sound is there but directly isn't~ visible. Galaxies exist but you wouldn't know it to look in their direction. Germs are real but tend to not be seen outside of microscope enhanced viewing...Qi/Ch'i/Ki... I No_Know. But I've heard that chemicals trigger how we Humans think. Theoretically, it's really small amounts. I've heard the Humans are electro-chemical beings. We don't electrocute ourselves to death (theoretically). So the amounts of electricity and chemicals seem to must be, in very small, perhaps unperceivable amounts.

One who has a headace at the back of the head can merely touch the eyebrows opposite the hurt and this action(hiar disturbance manipulates pores dominos appropriately to affect prussure to whatever the effect is on the pain that was at the back of the head. Babies that are touched-ish have a significantly greater survival rate in hospitals. So touch can effect mood at least (at some point in Human's development). A hug can make a person feel better, even cope with what seems like the weight of the world on their shoulders once again after having been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Science is guesswork and common sense. Like Kung-Fu, observe, put things together, make things work for you. Theoretically, there might be things that exist that won't be revealed. There are things that are revealed that you won't yet comprehend. Farmers have crops based on the consistancy of the cycle that is seasons. Females stayed-in based on their personal cycles (learned after taking notice of trial and error comparison (it usually takes more than two weeks, about three weeks in between, every fourth week I can expect it...more data(living...) It lasts about so many days for me...)) Haley's~ comet comes every seventy some years (74/76/76.4)~ Galactic to subatomic, there might be cycles/patterns, predictable with the right analysis-ish. The Chinese did not allow the ghoulish activities that govern the societies in which some live. Without cutting people open, one would be more intuitive and find different things, to understand the same malady.

I'm comming-in-on the tail end of eons of research of the Human being. I might have gathered a bit, but I would not necessarily be able to convey all that was researched and not researched such that you would get it. Hopefully from the earlier of this post you could get something-ish...besides a headache (but if you do get a headache merely lightly touch the opposite side of your head. Headache gone, hopefully. Like me :~> Bye, Merryprankster.

gazza99
03-12-2002, 08:38 PM
I will not even comment on the topic of this thread, but I will offer a free dim-mak lesson to tinman (or anyone else ) if you are ever in my area. My website is www.pressurepointfighting.com. I am located in oklahoma city. Just drop me an email if interested (follow the contact link on the site).
Oh, and Know_no, please take an english course or something, I have been reading your posts so long I am use to your strange compositions, but not everyone is as patient!
Kind Regards,
Gary

wushu chik
03-13-2002, 03:02 AM
Wow...you are teaching Dim Mak classes. Great! So much for that being a "Secret Technique". :rolleyes:

~Wen~

Merryprankster
03-13-2002, 07:58 AM
No_Know...

I both understand and disagree with your points:

Wstern science has this wonderful habit of being demonstrable--I come up with a hypothesis, I test it, it works, it's repeatable, and its effects can be duplicated on others, BY others in double blind studies. Or it doesn't work, and it's back to the drawing board, now knowing at least one path that can't work. While some of the "traditional," methods have been shown to have merit, by no means does this automatically extend to all of them. A good example would be "longevity pills" that were made from cinnabar ore in China and purchased by the wealthy to extend their lives. I don't have to tell you that many of them suffered the debilitating effects of mercury poisoning. Let's not even discuss the effects of tiger ***** and rhinoceros horn...

Until certain things are systematically shown to have the effect claimed, I will remain skeptical. I won't dismiss them out of hand, however.

Water Dragon
03-13-2002, 08:19 AM
Noogie boxing works well. Even if you don't hit the points.